Dien Bien Phu Hotel

279A - 7/5 Road - Dien Bien Phu Town Lai Chau, Die

Good For No Data
  • bpwarne's Profile Photo

It just may be Dien Bien Phu's best

I was at a loss. I had been the only westerner on the plane into Dien Bien Phu from Hanoi that afternoon. The hotels I had selected as my first and second choices were both flops. Both were in such bad condition i did not want to stay at either. I also was having a hard time communicating with people as I spoke no Vietnamese and was having a hard time finding anyone who spoke English. This hotel was the third and also the last one on my short list of possibilities. Luckily, the third's the charm, as they say.

I paid a negotiated $13USD /night, total for a room. My room was rather large with a large bath, A/C, TV (no English channels), rather large bath. Room was very clean. No internet service available.

Fortunately, this hotel employed a very gracious and helpful manager named Mr. Dung. Without his help I most assuredly would not have had as good a time in Dien Bien Phu as I did.

Unique Quality: Mr Dung, an extremely considerate and helpful manager.
    He pointed me in the direction of the bus terminal, informed me I should go right away and buy my ticket for the morning's bus to Laos and not wait til morning as there is only one bus per day. He also gave me a map of the area with the battle sites/monuments, etc and directed me to the French war sites I had come here to see. That evening he advised me of a good area to dine, within walking distance of the hotel. He also arranged my transport by moto to the bus station the next morning at 5AM. He really went out of his way to help me.

Comments