151 and 164B Phan Dinh Phung Street, Dalat, Vietnam

• kelnsha's Profile Photo

Buget stay at Dalat - Dreams Hotel

Dreams wins hands-down when it comes to value for dollar.

Unique Quality: This friendly place offers tidy rooms, some with balconies and a family-style breakfast is included. Musical instruments in the lobby are available for use and it even accepts credit cards.

• Larnie's Profile Photo

Dreamy!

A great hotel that is family run and has free internet from 7-10pm (great for downloaded photos to send to family back home).

Breakfast is also included. Unfortunately they stock vegemite, which just seems so wrong!

Rates are per room, so with one other person it was only US$7.50 per night.

There are also phones there, but don't use them!! The guy I was with rantg Canada for 5 mins and cost him US$45.

• Claudi's Profile Photo

Best value - price

That´s one of the best hotels in relation value-price where we stayed on our trip of four weeks through Vietnam.
    The owner is a genuinely helpful and generous lady who speaks good English and French. There are several computers in the lobby and internet access if free for guests. The rooms are nice and an exceptionally good breakfast is included at $10-12 for a double room. One evening we were invited to join the owners among other tourists for (free) pizza. Dreams Hotel is the hotel that will most stay in my memory!

Unique Quality: There was a great view over Da Lat from the top floor room!

Directions: 151 D Phan Dinh Phung
    Da Lat

It´s located close to shops and restaurants as well as Da Lat´s only night bar ´Saigon Nite´(so we were told).

More about Dreams Hotel

Dreams Hotel, simply the best in town

by TripAdvisor Member BurbonStreet

I'm having my best stay in Vietnam at Dreams Hotel. I tried to book a double room at 151 but the place is closed for renovation. Mrs. Dung, the hotel owner, told me that she will equip it with a public Jacuzzi, a steam bath and a sauna. At the moment, I am happy with a large room with Jacuzzi and that's more than enough for me. It's a real pay-off after my daily tour. The breakfast is one of its kind for the price. A lot of fresh fruit of different kind. Coffee and Tea. Passion fruit juice and orange juice. Especially I could order anything with eggs. It's good that I try everything and it's healthy food. The staff guys are very helpful. Mrs. Dung seems to know everything and she helps me to get an air ticket to HCMC from Dalat just by a phone call. She has a good sense of humor too. I laugh a lot every time I talk to her. Come here and share my view of this wonderful Dreams.

Best hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member LoveVietnam08

Cant stop thinking about my stay in Dream 2 - I stayed at Dreams from 6 - 9 Dec 2007 and it was fantastic. For usd 20 dollar I had a big room with 2 double beds (good enough for our family of 3 - a 2.5 years old child) and a big spa. The room was so clean and the breakfast was very good. Thanks to the owner Mrs Dung, she was very helpfull to help us sorted out our return ticket to Saigon (We bboked Sinh Travel instead Sinh Cafe- That was abIG Mistake - Do not deal with Sinh Travel - Bui Vien Street - They are cheaters)
Strongly recommend Dreams 2 to anyone. Will stay again next time.

Satisfaction in Dalat

by TripAdvisor Member Wandering_Rabbits

We stayed at Dreams Hotel for 3 nights and were very satisfied.But be careful about copycat hotels, there are many.The real onesare under 151&164B Phan Dinh Phung street.Staff are very friendly and helpful with excellent English.Rooms are spacious and clean - we even got a bathroom with massage shower.The breakfast is superb, different fruits,eggs,jams, juices,coffee and tea...It's absolutely good value for money.They arranged a motorbikes for us and took care about storing it for the nights.There is no dinner available but plenty of restaurants available nearby.Ther offer laundy service. The location is great, a little away from the busy town centre but still within short walking distance.
Warning:when arriving at Dalat airport fight hard to get on the local bus from the airport to Dalat.They try to force you to take a taxi for about 5-10 times more expensive than the local bus and will tell you that the bus is only for locals.However the bus is for everyone and this is just a con arranged between the Viatnam Airlines staff and the taxi drivers.Taxi drivers can get pretty agressive.

Twice in Two years, EXCELLENT experiences

by TripAdvisor Member phubai63

My wife (70 yrs old) and I (64) have stayed here twice in the past two years (2006 & 2007). (I served in US Army in 1963 in Phubai, VN, finally returning to see rest of country.) Food is excellent and Mrs. Dung and her son are just terrific hosts. She is very concerned for her guests and that they do not get overcharged. She is an excellent source for any information and assistance. (She scolded us on our second trip as we used our favorite travel agent in Nha Trang to book ALL of our accomodations, hotel, trains, buses, transportation from airports, etc. She said we had to pay too much.) Breakfast is a real treat, from eggs cooked to order to peanut butter on fresh bread rolls (banh my) to 4 to 6 choices of fresh fruit.
Windows in our second floor room facing on the street are absolutely the best I have seen, rivaling Anderson & Pella windows in US. Shuts out noise like no where else in Vietnam Hotels we have stayed in. The Jacuzzi bath in this room was a surprise and real treat.
If you want to pay a lot and avoid the wonderful people of Vietnam, then you should stay at the 4 & 5 star hotels. If you want great local experiences and to get to really appreciate the people of Vietnam and their food and culture, this is a great hotel to help you do just that. We will definitely stay here again. (Plenty to see and do in Dalat and it is a welcome respite from the heat and touts elsewhere in the country.)

Heaven!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member more_bubbles

This is definately the best hotel that we came across in vietnam!!! I cannot rate it highly enough. We were unable to check in when we first arrived as it was fully booked but we checked in on our second day in dalat. We were cold, tired and hungry when we checked in. We were met by the lovely lady owner and her husband who insisted we went and had breakfast before we checked in(at no charge). We were brough to our big spotless room to find it was nice and warm (dalat is not the warmest in feb) and had proper double glazing. we were then asked if the bathroom would be ok.........it was a spa jet shower-i had never been in one so luxurious. Beds were huge, clean and soft-the room was great.
Internet and breakfast are included in the very reasonable 20$ a night and it is the best breakfast we had also. Everyone sits at the one table that is full of bagettes, cheese, huge selection of fruits, tea/coffee, juice that is squeezed in front of you as you need it and any amount/type of eggs that you ask for.
Laundry service was excellent and she even booked flights for us one morning so we could sleep in until 9 oclock.
My favourite hotel in vietnam and i would definatley go back! Loved every minute of it-just wish we had more than the one night!

Thank you for all!!!

by TripAdvisor Member BlueMalta

We found the hotel via the TA website, and since the comments were good and definitely within our set budget, we decided to contact the hotel from Nha Trang the day before we set off for Da Lat. Just for info; most long distance coach transfers have a pick-up service from the hotel you are staying and will also drop you off at the hotel at your end destination. Most of these buses are more comfortable than many coaches seen in the west. Pillows, blankets and water are provided for.

Everything that is written about the hotel(s) is true. The breakfast is heaven sent with loads of fresh tropical fruit, different style of eggs and fresh juices made on the spot, delicious rolls etc. You eat with the other guests on one table and makes a great time for exchanging travel experiences. Internet is for free like in most hotels in Vietnam. Our scooters were rented whilst doing our booking and all set and ready for us upon arrival. People staying at Dreams 2 can make use of the facilities of Dream 1. For dinner, if you want - just accros the street to the left of Dreams 2 there is a little local place. Had our dinner from there on all the evenings we were in Da Lat.

Rooms were absolutely amazing and at all not expected of a budget style hotel. Ours as well had the jetbath/shower in the bath room. Windows kept the noise of the street out and heater worked amazing for the time of year.

The staff of the hotel go out of their way to please their guests. I managed to have an accident and fall in to a waterfall during our stay in Da Lat. All were very concerned and did their utmost best to assist us as best as possible with the fractures I ended up having. I spent a day in hospital being researched, x-rayed and consulted. What we initially thought might become a substantial insurance case (with all the attention and service that was given we expected a huge bill),turned out to be a $12 bill. This included 6 x-rays, several consultations and a bag full of medication. In the end we were happy we did not consult the insurance since the phonecall alone would have cost more.

Da Lat is a lovely area and this hotel is THE place when looking for accommodation!!

The best

by TripAdvisor Member PhilipHanoi

Highly recommend staying at the Dream Hotel.

Delightful, friendly owner who will help with your day and other arrangements. She speaks very good English which at times helps.

Hotel is modern, confortable, clean and in a good location. Even double glazing on windows to make it quiter than other Hotels we have stayed in.

Breakfast is brilliant, ample local fresh fruit in addtion to eggs for those seeking good start to the day....and that includes me.

At $20 its a steal. Normally stay in upmarket places but might do some re thinking on that score.

• manhtuank8's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM

This hotel is running by my Auntie :) they've just built a new one, bigger than other Dreams and much better with more facilities like a small pool & local pictures captured by my cousin brother!! it locates on the middle of Dreams 1 & 2, same side with Dreams 2.