Golf 1 Hotel

V CafeV Cafe

Perfect PagodaPerfect Pagoda

Tranfer from Ho Chi Minh to Da Lat

by JanBaten

We arive on thuesday 2 november at 10h25 in Ho Chi Ming city airport and we had to take up our visum there.
We want to travel the same day to Da Lat where we start a biking trip on 3 november to Hoi An in 13 days.
Can some someone give us the best way to travel comfortly to Da Lat
Jan Baten and May Geerts
Belgium

by mikeinvietnam

It seems that your best choice would be a flight to Da Lat airport, which is about an hour's shuttle-bus ride away from Da Lat city. Check with Vietnam Airlines for a Da Lat flight that leaves from the Domestic terminal, which is a short from the International terminal. I don't think you will arrive early enough to catch a bus to a Da Lat. A bus ride is 7 hours from Saigon to Da Lat and you may not arrive early enough to get downtown to catch them. Although, there may be a night bus service that make the trip later in the day. NOt sure of that. Flying would be your best option for sure.

by sdcatraveler

I agree with the suggestion to fly there. Da Lat is in the mountains, so if you are coming in late, it may be safer to fly there as opposed to taking the bus or having a driver drive you there. If time were less of an issue charting a tourist bus would be an inexpensive option. The biking trip sounds very exciting, central Vietnam was my favorite.

by sunnybg

Hi,

There are 2 different way for your transfer from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat:

+ By airplane: You could check with Vietnam Airline for the flight to Dalat

+ By bus or public tourist express bus: There are some transportation companies offer this kind of service such as Mai Linh or Phuong Trang.. the ticket fee is resonable and it is convenience too.

Cheers,

Travel Tips for Da Lat

It's Cold in the Clouds

by Den_Gaynor

A Hill Town, Da Lat has plenty of sights for the family. Easy access from Saigon and a choice of hotels for Backpackers or Family.
A large market and a lake. There's even a copy of the Eiffel Tower.
There are plenty of eating places and sights to see outside the town and I would suggest strongly trying the 'restaurant' on top of the market for the local food.
The French Architecture is outstanding and if you want to look at a cloud first-hand, take an oxygen mask and head for the top of the hill.
Photos to come... Our heads in a cloud on the top of the town and No CAMERA!

Da Lat, city of the highlands

by Gili_S

Da Lat is in the mountaineer city of Vietnam. It is located in the south central highlands of Vietnam in the country of Lam Dong rather far from any central business city. It is surrounded with mountains, parks and lakes which make it very interesting place to visit in Vietnam with the diversity of sites.

Motion Sickness Much?

by TheresNoToiletPaper

I took an open tour bus from Nha Trang to da lat the other day. Trip was 7 hrs long and the scenery coming into Da Lat was beautiful! It's situated in the mountains so super curvy, windy, steep roads when on for what felt like forever. TAKE AN ANTINAUSEA medication if you're bad with motion sickness. I'm pretty good but there were turns where I felt my lunch coming up. The road's all paved but it's just so windy and narrow. Same goes for your trip outta Dalat.

Local pet bird shop

by betska

Being a bird lover, I wanted to include this picture of a very interesting bird. No idea what kind of bird it is. This little shop was on Pham Ngu Lao. They don't show terribly much respect for their little friends, as we walked past, the shop keeper threw a little bird in the rubbish bin. It was still alive and my son being as he is, picked it up and held it in his palm. It was on it's way to heaven but made us sad that they treat them this way. As I said, being bird lovers this upset us as we treat our pet birds so well at home.

Swim in the pool..

by yuet29

I noticed a different thing on waterfall in Vietnam and Malaysia. In Vietnam, there is no one swimming under the waterfall,.. but in Malaysia, you can see people (a lot of them) swim inside the ppol, picnic, barbeque etc.. Wow.. dalat is one of my favourite in Vietnam!

Comments