7 Tran Phu St., Dalat, Vietnam

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 72% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

A bit of history

The Hotel du Parc is a nice 3 or 4 Star hotel with a European feel. Built in 1932 (?) in a French Colonial style, and remodeled about 10 years ago. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with the usual amenities--cable TV, internet access, Wi-Fi, currency exchange. 144 rooms.

Unique Quality: I love the old style elevator—it is an elegant wooden cage that goes up & down with cables and weights.

Guests have access to the golf course (for a fee, I'm sure.)

• Novotel Dalat

After a few days on the road in the highlands, the Novotel (and the Sofitel opposite) comes as one of life's surreal surprises: you step into 1930s obsequiousness and cappucinos. All over the world, former French colonies built big hotels in six different shades of concrete in hill resorts. These are now usually prisons or Accor hotels, and sometimes you have to check the sign to see which it is.

Unique Quality: The Novotel Dalat is odd because it doesnt have a restaurant in the building - despite its considerable bulk. It's like "Did they forget?" Instead, the Cafe de la Poste on the other side of the road acts as the restaurant (actually both a cafe and an upmarket Vietnamese restaurant as well) for the hotel.

The rooms are reputed to be small, but I was given a suite on the top floor. It was spacious but the room managed to be quite stuffy and hot. This was made worse by what seemed to be sunlamps in the bathroom: brush your teeth and get a tan.

• Animas's Profile Photo

4 Stars hotel

Our room is deluxe room we ( 3 of us ) got 1 double bed and 1 sofa bed
    Price is 197 us for 2 nights include great breakfast
    Bathroom is very comfortable ... a tub and a shower room with heater.
    As you know in DaLat is quite cold so no need for the air condition but I saw a central air-condition in the ceiling.
    One thing I didnt like in this room is a pillow ... it's not suit for me LOL
    In the lobby has 2 computer that you can use for 30 mins
    Everybody in this hotel is VERY helpful ... they suggested us where and how to go and the last minute one of them translate what we need to our driver who couldnt speak english.
    We will come back staying here agian for sure!

• stalks's Profile Photo

Very french looking

Very comfortable hotel even though the room was small. Bathroom was fine and very clean. Breakfast was served across the road- I think it was another hotel.

Unique Quality: Lovely view from our window particularly at sunset. It through a pink glow over the hillside.

More about Novotel Dalat Hotel

Public Transport

Hi all,

This will be my first time to Vietnam and I will be travelling to Dalat. May I know what is the best public transport in Dalat?

And may I know where is Novotel Dalat?

If I were to travel from HCM to Dalat, what is the best way?
Thanks

by betska

I have a tip on my Dalat page that might help you:

Not sure where the novotel is without looking at my maps (which are at home) so will reply to that one tonight (if no-one else does)

Hi,

Thanks. I will look forward to your reply.

by betska

The Novotel Dalat address is 7 Tran Phu Street. This is slightly south of the centre of town, best to get a taxi if the bus drops you off in town.
Sinh Cafe also run buses to Dalat from HCMC. The bus trip takes around 6-7 hours, so the alternative if you are short of time is to fly (Vietnam Airlines).
Have a look at the Dalat travel guide here on VT for more info and ideas on things to do. Enjoy Dalat - we loved it there. And take a jumper, as it gets a bit cool at night.
betska

Hi ,

In that case, do you know how far was it from town. And by taxi, how much will it cost?

Thanks

by betska

Novotel wouldn't be any further than one kilometre south of the town centre, maybe less.
I'm sorry I can't help you with taxi fares. Being budget travellers, we rarely took taxis in Vietnam.

by JonnyVN

Novotel is on the hill facing the town (behind the Sofitel), look for the huge telecoms tower and its next to that. It's very close to centre of town (Dalat isn't that big) but it's up hill so a bit of a slog.
Jonny