Sofitel Dalat Palace

See Amenities

Really good

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 8, 2014

Dalat Palace Hotel had impressive architecture and luxury amenities. Campus was large and extremely cool, including golf. This Hotel in city center was convenient . Staff were friendly and attentive. Everything was very good.

clixtox's Profile Photo

Inexpensive Gem

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 27, 2007

After staying at the Sofitel Dalat Palace Hotel for 5 nights (FABULOUS!!!)the first time I went to Dalat I stayed 5 nights at the Dreams Hotel the second time. We stayed at the newer (164b)of the two Dreams properties. We were on the second floor overlooking the street with double glazed windows so the traffic noise wasn't distracting. The 5 nights at the Dreams ($20/night)cost about what one night at the Palace cost($160/night). The dream is near the "Da Quy"(Wild Strawberry) restaurant where we ended up eating almost every night, it is that good! We even went there for breakfast one day and skipped the free breakfast at the Dreams. Dalat is a great town for walking, we walked all over, only taking cabs when it started raining or we were going out of town visiting tourist sites like the gondola ride and the huge Buddha statue.

Unique Quality: Cheap and easy. Comfortable premium room was $20/night with a minimal free breakfast. Good location.

Directions: Small town, walk to everywhere. Center of the town, above the market, is closed to vehicular traffic on the weekend evenings, sweet!

jmmorgan's Profile Photo

Ancient meets modern

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 23, 2004

Stayed here in July 2003. The hotel is a large imposing building set in some nice grounds overlooking Dalat. Outside the door is an ancient Citroen car which is interesting for a minute or so.
Check in was quick and we were whisked away to our room up a very grand staircase. There is no lift here and the stairs played havoc with my sore knee!
The room was a little small and tired looking (no aircon) and the bathroom was OK. Very impressive bath but I prefer to shower and this just flooded the place as the curtain was inadequate. What I disliked was the fact that the bell boy had his hand out for a tip. I tip good service and this wasn't really worth it.
The restaurant serves French food. I prefer to eat local so we went out. At weekends breakfast is a buffet but on other days a la carte. Preferred the buffet myself. We wanted a drink soon after arrival and had great difficulty finding an outlet for this. Eventually we were served on some uncomfortable metal chairs on the terrace. Service was just about OK, below the standards I had come to expect from the Sofitel brand though.
Overall the hotel has a nice ambience but is not worth the money to stay here.

Unique Quality: There is a great view over the city from here.

Nearby Sofitel Dalat Palace

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Da Lat Travel Forum

Need advice about Da Lat, Vietnam? Visit the Travel Forum for Da Lat and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Da Lat hotel reviews