Pinocchio Hotel

Agoda.com Booking.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Poor

• dirtypierreontour's Profile Photo

Friendliest Hotel in town

We stayed in the delightful Pinocchio Hotel. Rosco paid $10 for his large back room and Kim and I paid $18 for a balcony room at the front of the hotel. This price included breakfast for 2. Good value and friendly service so can highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Sapa.

Unique Quality: Friendly staff who really tried hard to please us. In an excellent part of town with exceptional views of the mountains.

Directions: Budget area of town but also on the road to the valley for trekking. Also the best restaurants were within easy walking distance from the hotel.

More about Sapa

Rice terraces of SapaRice terraces of Sapa

View from Pinocchio Hotel dining roomView from Pinocchio Hotel dining room

Breakfast at our homestayBreakfast at our homestay

Pigs sunbathing!Pigs sunbathing!

Sapa weather

by trent_connor

How is the weather in Jan/Feb in Sapa? Ave temperature? Does it rain a lot around this time?

by trent_connor

When you say very cold can you give me some temperatures? 0 degrees in the morning?

Basically I'm trying to find out if it's to cold to visit sapa and do a trek for 1 day and night

by icequeen_n_snow

The average temperature in Sapa in February is around 7 Celsius degree. However, the weather can run from 1 or 2 Celsius degree to 10 or 11 Celsius degree. It will be foggy and cloudy in Sapa. It rarely snow there in Sapa, but be prepared for a little snow or a very very light rain.

Have Fun,

by Dainell

We will be there in late April. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like then?

by icequeen_n_snow

The temperature will be around 14 - 18 Celsius degree in April. There will be a little more rain in april but it will also be light. It is always be foggy and cloudy in Sapa, especially in the morning and afternoon.

by Greggor58

I visited for four days in late January and early February...I think historical weather patterns are changing everywhere.I know this is an old thread but..

We had four days of solid sunshine with day time highs in the mid twenties....cooled down at night considerably but we sure enjoyed warm sunshine for our entire time in and around Sa Pa...

So...short answer might be...you'll find out.. :o)

ENJOY your time here whatever the weather..

Travel Tips for Sapa

Villages near Sapa with photos(not mine)

by pfsmalo

Hi again Jon,

Have a look at this site. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you'll find the names of villages that are near Sapa with photos a-plenty. Using a map you could try to see which villages you prefer and see also whether it is possible (distance).

Quang Truong Square…and the Weekend Market

by Greggor58

This central square is pretty much the Soul of Sa Pa Town…the Catholic Church, the Tourist Center, the Market,, and the Museum are all located around the perimeter of the square. It’s quite a busy spot attracting people who are hanging out at the corners of the square and the streets around the Church.

The focal point of Quang Truong Square is built below street level in a park like setting, market stalls are built around a walkway that takes you around the entire area of the Market, the focal point of the walkway is the “Star” symbol of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, built into the walkway out of concrete.

Local Hmong and Dao people are the major participants of the market you’ll find here and you’ll find the usual assortment of hand made embroidered items and wooden carvings and clothing.

Other than the day to day business that’s carried out here it’s also a social gathering place for the people here. There seemed to be lots of talking, and laughter amongst old friends I’m guessing. I found that the usual “greetings” that I’d run into throughout Vietnam were common here also…”Buy from me today”...”Help me be lucky and buy from me”…and so on and so on…

There were a few that were a little more pushy than others but as I discovered earlier in my “tour of Vietnam” my “hand slashing” through the air and claiming “NO SHOPPING TODAY” brought the usual smiles and laughter…on both the seller…and me the “Walking Dollar Sign”. I turned it easily into an opportunity for conversation.

The square is a good spot to get your bearings and most of the main streets run by or close to Quang Truong Square so its inevitable I think that you ‘’ find” this without difficulty. On a few occasions I simply found a place to sit and watch as people carried on they’re day to day lives, well worth the time I thought!!

Indigo Dye

by dfactor

Hmong men and women in Sapa wear dark-blue, almost black clothing. The clothing are dyed with indigo, and indigo fields are a common sight in the village. The Hmong dye the clothing themself, and that explains why most of the women we ran into have darker than usual hands! Thanks to the colouring from the indigo.

Sugarcane

by Willettsworld

Around the market entrance on the main tourist road, Cau May, you'll find children buying large sticks of sugarcane which they particularly like to chew on as a snack like we would a chocolate bar back home.

Bring those wellies out!

by dfactor

The trek along the mountain in Sapa is really bad, due to the rain the nite before. A pair of wellies is the best to battle through the muddy trek. None of us have it with us, but you can get it fairly cheaply in the market in the town area.

Comments