Sapa Rooms boutique hotel

018 Phan Si Pang St, Fan Xi Pang St, Sapa, 19999, Vietnam
Sapa Rooms Boutique Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com

More about Sapa Rooms boutique hotel

Wonderful stay in Sapa! Thanks Pete!

by TripAdvisor Member charlesakachuck

I can't believe I had such a short stay in Sapa: one night and two days. It was so terrific and memorable and I enjoyed myself so much at Sapa Rooms Boutique Hotel it was one of the best parts of my 2+ mos. traveling. Pete and staff made me feel so welcome and at home I recommend Sapa Rooms highly. Great views, terrific location, charming, quiet, and neat building: art deco meets french colonial meets modern. and pete is a great chef too. Plus we went out to the night food market and met locals and beautiful tribal ladies selling their crafts. Toured with Hung both days and we had a lot of fun. A home away from home for a perfect weekend. Wish I had more time there and I look forward to returning to Sapa and SRBH! Charles

Check the small print

by TripAdvisor Member TitoNewZealand

We stayed at Sapa Rooms for 3 days and can only confirm that Pete is an excellent host and tries his best to be helpful and resourceful. Communication during booking procedures as well as during the stay was excellent, and so is the overall service.
However there are some issues which should be made a bit clearer to the visitor and some of them need addressing:

Price: The prices for the rooms are definitely too high, when compared with similar rooms in (many of the) neighbouring hotels. We stayed in a Deluxe Room and paid 44 US$, but the room was rather simple and small, had no a/c or fan, there was no night or writing desk and the lighting was poor.

No Credit Card: Although Pete asks for your credit card number, you cannot pay with your card; since ATM machines in the town not always work, you need to make sure you have enough cash US$ or Vietnamese Dong with you.

No internet service: Most hotels in Sapa offer free internet facilities, since Sa Pa is the first region in Vietnam to introduce fast Broadband access to the internet; Sa Pa rooms however does not provide this service

Service charge: Be aware that all prices are quoted excluding 10% service charge, which is not common practice in Vietnam. This charge is applied to room price and all services booked through the hotel

Noise: Most rooms face the road and the valley. Travellers need to balance out whether the great view can compensate the noise level, which is rather high even with the windows closed. It can last until 10pm at night and starts at about 5:15am in the morning. The alternative are rooms without windows, which definitely should be avoided

Alternatives: Travellers should be aware that there are plenty of other, quieter and better priced places in town (between $15 and $25 per Deluxe room incl. pc) with better facilities and general standards offering equally good views down the magnificient valley.

Sapa Rooms need some serious upgrading to keep up with the competition!

Sapa rooms is off the beaten path of the typical tourist scene

by TripAdvisor Member Juliestrawitz

My husband and two children who are 18 and 21 and I stayed for 3 nights at Sapa rooms. We went on 4 different treks which were arranged by Pete Wilkes, the owner. Our experience in Sapa was the highlight of our trip to Viet Nam.

I cannot imagine a more welcoming or hospitable host than Pete Wilkes. From booking the hotel online until the moment we left he was there to make everything easy and enjoyable. He accompanied my family on two of our treks into the countryside along with a local guide We were able to connect with the ethnic people, see their villages and swim in rivers on the way.

The hotel itself was clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated. There were small touches in each room such as hand made ceramics and flowers and the lobby was a feast for the eyes with it's unusual decor. The hotel is very new and Pete is in the process of making improvements. Better lighting in the rooms, fans or air conditioners and room darking shades or drapes would be good additions.

Sapa rooms location is excellent. It is right near the fruit market and on the edge of town so it doesn't feel like you are in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the tourist scene in Sapa. I thoroughly enjoyed looking out my window at the activity in the market of the Hmong and Red Dzao people in their gorgeous costumes.

Bravo to Pete Wilkes who provided us with an experience in Sapa that was off the beaten path of the typical tourist scene!

Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member philandface

Our experience at Sapa Rooms was fantastic. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and at home. On arrival at 5:50am we were greeted with coffee and soon thereafter a great brekkie. Pete arranged excellent tour guides for local tours. The staff were warm, friendly and obliging. The Hotel has just opened and there are still some finishing touches to go, but already, it has a lovely rustic and homely feel to it. Sapa Rooms is in a great location, in the older area of town, next to the markets, adding wonderful atmosphere to the stay. Pete is also putting a lot back into the local villages and community and by staying here you are doing your bit. We really appreciated the extra efforts of Pete and the staff in providing brekkie well before check in time and allowing us to shower and change well after check out time.
Phil and Marianne, Australia

A Wonderful Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member SarahC30

This was a wonderful place to stay, great views of Sapa, comfortable rooms, the best breakfast we had had in ages and a lovely owner Pete who gave us endless advise on where to go and how to get there.

Spectacular Service

by TripAdvisor Member ThreeRsKC

While this place has some quirks, I would not want to stay anywhere else if I were to return to Sapa. The rooms don't have AC, but the climate is so temperate that it's not an issue at all. Although there are no computers provided, there is free wi-fi, and there are many cheap internet cafes within a 5-minute walk. Most importantly, it's the best service I've ever received at a hotel. Pete does everything he can to make his visitors have the best experience possible. He loves Sapa, and he wants everyone else to as much as he does. Also, unlike most people in Vietnam, he is a great businessman. He has many connections with the locals and can offer you some good deals on everything from laundry to motorbikes. Just ask. The food is fantastic. Breakfast is free, and you can order as much as you want. Although the views from the rooms aren't the best in the area, Sapa isn't a place to just stay in your hotel. It's a place to get out and do things where you can have views that no hotel can offer. And Pete will help you find the perfect thing for you to do. I highly recommend this place.

Sapa the easy way

by TripAdvisor Member Ace3kiwi

What a lovely place to stay - great location and wonderful approach to hospitality. Thank you so much Pete - you made our trip to Sapa totally straightforward by taking out all the little potential hiccups so I'm glad I left all the arrangements including train tickets to you ... There was a great choice of food on the breakfast menu when we arrived off the night train and the coffee as just what we needed. How I wish I'd tried the rose petal shortbread! The rooms we were given were clean with simple, tasteful decorations and with the most beautiful fresh roses. Thank you to Hung and Hero for guiding us on our 3 day trek and to all the rest of the Sapa Rooms team. Sapa Rooms is a pleasant place to stay and we'd definitely stay there again but as Pete continues to upgrade the hotel it will get better and better.

You buy from me!

by TripAdvisor Member aokelly

This part of our journey far exceeded our expectations.The sapa rooms Boutique Hotel is just that ... a beautifully presented Hotel with an amazing position.The rooms we stayed in looked out over the market and down the valley to the nearest village.
Pete, the owner made our stay brilliant... We arrived extremely early in the morning and were given a room to shower and change in while we waited for ours to be prepared.We were also fed a complimentary breakfast ... GREAT HOST!
The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful.Quides were organised by the hotel to take us to through neighbouring villages and they were absolutely fantastic. We had a 16 year old girl for our guide and she was amazing ( even helping to shoo off the followers " you buy from me, you buy from me")
What else can I say ... sheets ..beautiful french cotton;Bathrooms clean and beadrooms spacious.
Also loved Petes collection of pottery around the hotel and great decor....Great wine list, many lovely french!

Lovely Hotel, great food and staff

by TripAdvisor Member swampee

We arrived at Sapa Rooms early in the morning with 3 teenagers all feeling quite sick from the windy road to Sapa. Pete the manager was wonderful organising a cup of tea and the best breaky we had in our trip through Vietnam. I had requested a triple room for the kids, but he said that the rooms too cramped to put in the extra bed and he would let us have a extra room at no extra charge. What more could one ask for!! My parents room and our room had a excellent view of the valley and the road leading to Cat Cat Village.
We ate quite a bit at the restaurant in the hotel, both the fried spring rolls and the DIY to roll fresh ones are to die for, just yummy! Pete's staff are all handpicked and excellent. The kids loved the young H'Mong girl Pen and spent many hours chatting to her. My favorite spot in the restaurant was a table overlooking the market and motorbike corner, I could spend hours just people watching with out being hassled.
Pete organised all our treks, the quides were all excellent and had a good command of english and could answer all questions we put to them.
We wish Pete and his girls at Sapa Rooms all the best, he has a lovely hotel.

Fantastic hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member NSWChris

Four of us travelled to Sapa for a weekend. This hotel, run by Pete, an Australain is very comfortable and central. Pete was a great host and organized trips for us. It is reasonably priced and Pete is helping the minority people by using them as tour guides and hotel staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Comments