Indochine Hotel Hoi An

Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Hoi An

The bar areaThe bar area

My Son and cooking classMy Son and cooking class

Ngoc Anh,58 Nguyen Thai Hoc St.,Hoi An,Vietnam.Ngoc Anh,58 Nguyen Thai Hoc St.,Hoi An,Vietnam.

Japanese Bridge,Hoi An,Vietnam.Japanese Bridge,Hoi An,Vietnam.

Hoi An ??????????????

by snozzau

People,
Sorry if I am becoming a pest on these forums but I have yet another ?
I am very interested in doing the 530 am tour of my Son Sanctuary-
Are there agents to book this in HoiAn or better to book online with someone like -Thesinhtourist.com
Also is it better to stay on the river or the beach
Cheers,
Scott

by Greggor58

I didnt stay at either location...but in town..about a fifteen, twenty minute walk into the Heaert of the city..It was the BEST hotel during my six week odyssey spent mostly in Vietnam..

I booked a tour of My Son through them..it didnt arrive there at 530...it was CHEAP though...Id be cautious of any company that promises to do do..

If you want or need a straight up and honest travel person when you're in town...I used this woman for a couple of transits..

Hoi An is really a cool place...I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.. :o)

by cachaseiro

I would say book it when you are there.
This way you can shop around for the best option and you can easily find sevral companies doing when you are in town.

And i would advice you to stay in town by the river.
Things are much more cosy there in the evening with the narrow little streets being lit and lot´s of places to eat and drink.

by Jeshie

hi,
Definately stay in town by the river, everything is there, great resturants, shopping and all the attractions, plus there are less beggars.
You can hire bikes for $1 a day and ride to the beach about 10mins away.
I would also book the tour when you are there, your hotel could reccomend some good places to book tours, my hotel was really good for this.

by Foundryman1

Yeah stay on the river and walk to the beach...

by Stepwalk

Scott, my wife and I actually prefer to stay on the beach and head into town as required as we are now older and do not want to be out partying all night like our younger days! The beach is much quieter but still has character and local cafes without what can sometimes be tourist hordes in the centre of town.

by JohanIsWeg

From personal experience, I'd say book it when you're there. Very easy and you can walk from the one agency to the next and compare prices. We found it quite inexpensive.

by cachaseiro

I was in Hoi An last month and two of my friends booked a minibus tour to My Son that was leaving around 5:30 in the morning and this was a cheap tour with a small group.

Travel Tips for Hoi An

Looks like a Vietnamese huh?...

by l_joo

Looks like a Vietnamese huh? This is a small town at the seaside called Hoi An, very beautiful place. Most of Vietnam are like a construction site but not this one, Hoi An is really beautiful. On our way to Da Nang, we met 2 very noisy and smelly German tourists drinking endless beers and smoking non-stop cigarettes on our bus, until one passenger knocking his chair from behind say would you please stop smoking, then later we stop for lunch, these 2 Germans started drinking again, talking as loud as WCW wrestlers from this table acrossing that table, one of the table they met an American couple, a good opportunity to perform their talking skills now, the German guy said something like 'Look at what the American did here during the war, I really really hate those American politicians...bomb here there...' another guy from another table walk to the German saying something like be quiet then they started a war, the German said 'I hate stupid people, you know stupid peoples....' I was sitting there watching the show also listening to those stories.

old buildings everywhere

by aalayaa

someone told me that vietnam was under china for thousand years, so it's logic to find chinese style buildings there.
but also vietnam was french colony for 100 years, in hoi an which i thought only for chinese style building has some french style of building too. they're old and some of them are not reserved. but they're beautiful :)

The best massage in town

by call_me_rhia

The best massage in town is performed by a lady in her fifties, whose name I have sadly forgotten, with only one eye and a great sense of humour; she lives in a simple house in the outskirts of Hoi An and was once married to an American. Her father was an acupuncturist and she learned from him all about the pressure/power points to be touched in the human body.

We found her by chance - since she deosn't have a massage parlour nor dviertises her services in the market, like many other. She was recommended to us by Massimo, the owner of the Good Morning Vietnam restaurant.. and what a great massage it was. If you want a great no-frills massage, go and ask him to call her for you.

You won't find a massage table or a bed - just some wooden planks in her simple house that she uses as a bed... and outside her hair-dressing shop (pictured in the photo).

squatting

by richiecdisc

Squatting is a way of life in my Third World countries and Vietnam is no exception. Though this habit probably began out of necessity of not having anything to sit on, it is probably a healthy alternative to our more sedentary lifestyle. Women especially are seen in what seems an uncomfortable position for hours on end. I found the ones out on the boats especially graceful.

Ba Le Well

by Willettsworld

Also called Kiet Well, this well is one of the most famous ancient wells of the Cham people in Hoi An. It was dug around the 10th century and features a square mouth. It is a very special thing that only the water of this well can be used for preparing Hoi An speciality of Cao Lau noodles.

Ba Le Well is situated in the garden of Mr. Ba Lo Le, about ten meters from Kiet Gieng Lane (which links Phan Chu Trinh Street and Tran Hung Dao Street).

Comments