Hoi An Hotels

Our Members Say

• sdpaine profile photo sdpaine
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Betel Garden Homestay: Peaceful, friendly and value

This still remains one of the best value for money places I have stayed in. Right from being picked up at the airport until leaving at the end of our holiday, it can only be described as excellent value.

From memory, we paid approximately, $65 Australian per night. We had a large en-suite room, with bar fridge, fresh fruit daily, breakfast to order, free bike hire, friendly staff and peace and quiet. The hotel had a pool, fruit gardens and charm. The management provided two free evening meals during the 6 days we stayed, where we were able to meet other guests from all over the world.

Upon leaving, we were given presents in thanks for our custom. This was a real find, close to the town and a bike ride from the beach. Don't tell too many people about it, keep it a secret for as long as possible. Thanks Betel Garden, we will always remember you.

The friendliness and tranquility, yet so close to all that one would want. Even the cleaners seemed to wait until you went out then did your room, everything was never any trouble.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Cycling, Historical Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written October 17, 2013

• vickigb profile photo vickigb
  • Reviews: 2

Ancient House: Great Location

Ancient House is a 42 room hotel located on Cua Dai st Hoi An. The staff are friendly and the room comfortable. The hotel is approximately 1.5 km from Hoi An old town so is an easy stroll. The Hotel has a shuttle bus to take guests to the town or beach at various times throughout the day.

We stayed in a Garden room which has all the amenities required. A fully stocked mini bar and fresh fruit provided in your room each day. The pool is lovely and it amazing to watch rice paper rounds being made at the rear of the property.

Directly across from the hotel are a group of small businesses, we had our laundry washed and ironed for 80,000 dong ($4); hair straightened $3 (why would you bother yourself) and ate at the Stop & Go Cafe...the best grilled duck and wonderful service....

The only thing that we found disappointing was the price of drinks at the hotel. We could buy two cans of soft drink from a local shop for 18,000 dong ($1), but where charged 83,000 dong ($4.5) for exactly the same thing later that day. when we queried this the response was the drinks are charged as mocktails.....We know it is not a lot of money, but we did feel the price difference was extreme - I mean to say there is no effort or skill required to get a can out of the fridge!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture
  • Written September 14, 2010

• kenningst profile photo kenningst
  • Reviews: 529

Hoi Pho Hotel: Hoi Pho Hotel

After checking out from Hop Yen, we walked down about 50 metres and found this place. They offered US 12 per room with air-con. We checked out the room and it was clean and big, 1 king size and 1 queen size bed, en-suite toilet, TV and also fridge. We didn't even blinked and paid her for the room. The staffs was very friendly too. A good place to stay and I recommend this place.

• Written April 9, 2008

• kenningst profile photo kenningst
  • Reviews: 529

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hop Yen Hotel: Hop Yen Hotel

We arrived in Hoi An around 6.30pm and as usual was surrounded by people trying to sell us their hotels and tours. We walked away and check out a few hotels ourselves but a couple of them within our budget was fully booked. We found this place and their offered us US 12 for a twin bed room with fan, ensuite toilet and TV. It was ok but I think we deserve a air-con with US 12 and so we decided to just stay for only 1 night since it was getting late.

Just a next door to Sinh Cafe.

• Written April 9, 2008
Tip Photo

• pinoygypsy profile photo pinoygypsy
  • Reviews: 19

Dai Long Hotel: great value for money

Stayed here for 2 nights and booked an air-conditioned SGL room with own bathroom (hot/cold shower). Room price was USD10 per night. They gave me a Triple room for the same price which was better. Place is about 5 minutes walk to the town centre/river area. It also offers free internet access (until 10pm).

good value for money

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written May 28, 2007

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1279

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hoa's place: The friendliest man in nam?

Hoa owns hoa's place, right on the beach at China beach, 20km north of hoi an, right next to marble mountain.
hoa is funny, kind and his wife does some great cooking. its $6-10 for a room, basic but thats all you need.
hoa keeps an honesty system running for drink from the fridge.
his mrs does food every night for everyone to eat together creating a nice atmosphere and it feels like everyone knows everyone.
after food, everyone goes onto the beach to carry on drinking, hoa often joins in.
its a bus or cab or moped ride into hoi an if u need to go.

email: hoasplace@hotmail.com

In town, i also stayed at Hai Au hotel - $10 for a really nice room, aircon tv and good bathroom and a pool, its a 5-10min walk to the town but nice all the same.
email: haiauhotelha@yahoo.com

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written April 28, 2006
Tip Photo

boats on the river at hoi an

• gaolei profile photo gaolei
  • Reviews: 292

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Thanh Van Hotel: A Good Inexpensive Hotel

I was here in February 2005 on a business trip.

The arched bridges above the courtyard style swimming pool/entrance is the unique feature of theis hotel.

The rooms are good, the A/C and TV work and it is near everything. Oh, and the price is right!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 13, 2005

Thanh Van Hotel

• SirRichard profile photo SirRichard
  • Reviews: 3639

Khach San Phu Hotel

I didn't enter in this nice hotel, I just walked by, but it seemed to me an interesting option if you are looking for a high standard classical chinese style hotel.
It is located in the middle of Tran Phu Street, at the left as you walk from the Japanese Bridge.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written October 1, 2003

The entrance

• SirRichard profile photo SirRichard
  • Reviews: 3639

Hoa My Hotel

I arrived late in HoiAn. I was tired and didn't know the place, so I decided to stay in the first hotel I saw in the modern part of town, where the bus drops you.
This hotel turned up to be one of the best in my trip for the cost of the room, 5 USD. It is brand new, has mini bar, air condition, toilet ensuite with bathtub, TV...

Cons: is rather far from the town historic center (10 minutes walking), the shops, the restaurants...
Is pretty unpersonal, concrete building, but is comfortable.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 1, 2003

The main facade

• elbe profile photo elbe
  • Reviews: 155
Family Guest House Sanh Hiên: Old charming merchant house in the oldtown

I haven’t slept in this house but if I’ll come back to Vietnam I will do in any case. It’s close to the Japanese Bridge and one of the old merchanthouses in the Oldtown which haven’t been completely made to a shop so that the charm of the history has gone. Here you can feel how beautiful Hôi An must have been before the tourists came. I was very curious and so I asked the owner (?) an old woman if I can come in and have a look to everything.

Everything is of course simple. You don’t have an air-conditioning but to me it didn’t seem to be necessary because the house was build in a way which keeps it pleasant inside. The room I saw was very small, simple furnitured with a ventilator, a bed and a cupboard (I think that was all). The bathroom is for all guests but looked very nice and clean like everything in the house. Unfortunately the old woman wasn’t able to speak English very well but I think she told us that already her parents owned this house. Beside this one night costs $ 8 but I couldn’t understand if with or without breakfast. Anyway, to stay there may be a good way to feel more from the “real” Vietnam.

• Opinion of Price: N/A