3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

05 Cua Dai, (formerly Dong An Beach Hotel), Hoi An, 84.510, Vietnam

Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 38% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• sporty_chick00's Profile Photo

Riverside Resort(wasnt on the list!)

Hoi An Riverside Resort was def. one of the major highlights of my stay. It is close to many fun things, such as a bicycle rental place, the beach, a cheap laundry and of course, the markets, it was a big hit with everyone in my tour group.

Unique Quality: Pool, close to beach, fun fun fun. beautiful surroundings.

More about River Beach Resort

Beaches

by Stepwalk

Cua Dai Beach at Hoi An is less crowded, quite clean especially compared to Mui Ne, and doesn't suffer from the bar-flies (people) that are making Nha Trang a hassle these days. The local accommodation such as Hoi An Beach Resort and River Beach Resort are inexpensive and very good quality and you are a 10 minute taxi ride into Hoi An. You can also do a day trip to Cham Island where the beach is a genuine tropical paradise under palm trees with a Vietnamese barbecue lunch thrown in.

However, having said all that Phu Quoc is really special but a bit rougher around the edges. See my Phu Quoc travel page for a quick summary.

River Beach Resort - Cua Dai BeachRiver Beach Resort - Cua Dai Beach

More advice please

by demic

Hi all,

I'm here again, I'm afraid. Our flights are booked and our trip is beginning to take shape. We fly into BKK, stay overnight and fly out first thing next morning to Hanoi. We're aiming for 3-4 days in and around Hanoi. We would love to go to Halong Bay but I'm a bit dubious about the weather (we will be there January 12-16th ish), some stuff I've read say thats not a good time to go as fog may ruin the experience, what do you think? Any recommendations on who to go there with?

We are thinking of getting an overnight train from Hanoi down to Danang and have 3-4 days around there, but would like those days to be the "beach" part of our holiday, any recommendations would be much appreciated.

We haven't yet figured out how we are are getting from mid Vietnam to HCMC but we fly out of there on 25th Jan back to BKK for our last 4 nights.

I would really appreciate any advice or tips.

Also, have any of you done a "homestay" in Vietnam? If so, where and who did you organise it through and was it worth it?

Thanks in advance again Guys!

Demic

Re: More advice please

by Stepwalk

The weather in North Vietnam at that time of year can be unpredictable such as fog, cold, and rain. However Halong Bay's mystical atmosphere is actually enhanced by fog and overcast conditions so I would not let that deter you. There are many operators you can use but I suggest you book through your local hotel (as long as it's not a 5-star one which will be expensive) or use Sinh Tourist to arrange.

For your Danang beach holiday I suggest Cua Dai Beach near Hoi An staying at places such as River Beach resort or Hoi An Beach Resort (around US$65 per night). There are cheaper options as well. I really like Cua Dai Beach and the local cafes there. From there you can get an Open Tour bus (I again suggest Sinh Tourist but there are others) back to HCMC for around $US32. A stopover at Nha Trang on the way breaks the trip therefore you would go Hoi An to Nha Trang 9 hours, stay there one or two nights, and then do Nha Trang to HCMC 10 hours.

The other option is to fly Jetstar Pacific or Vietnam Airlines out of Danang back to HCMC for around $US50. However at that time of year many flights are pre-booked so you need to make the choice early to get your preferred time and day.

Comments