Tan Phuong

Tan Phuong
Agoda.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Hoi An

Smiling Hong...Hoang An Shoe Store,Hoi An,Vietnam.Smiling Hong...Hoang An Shoe Store,Hoi An,Vietnam.

Cam Nam Island,Hoi An,Vietnam.Cam Nam Island,Hoi An,Vietnam.

SO MANY COLOURS TO CHOOSE FROM SO MANY COLOURS TO CHOOSE FROM

A HANDY  COMPACT PONCHOA HANDY COMPACT PONCHO

Marble Mountain

Hi,

I'll be heading up to vietnam in a week's time. Anyone knows whether the Marble mountain is affected by the recent floods? :]

by iwys

It certainly shouldn't be as it is quite high up and surrounded by slopes.

by ghim

icic.. thanks alot for the information! :]

by JohanIsWeg

Mate, fair question. Ian is probably correct and the Marble Mountain should be high and dry above any flood waters. However, getting there in the first place may be the problem. For example, one person died and 4500 homes have been swamped in Da Nang's Hoa Vang district as a result of the floods. In addition, 17000 students cannot even attend school.
Unfortunately, I'm not on the ground, so I cannot give you an update. Try and contact some local VT'ers via email and request info from them directly.
Good luck!

by ghim

thanks alot for the reply! very helpful. yup i think there are still some floods here and there on certain roads and towns but they are not very serious. I will have to check again once i reach there.

Travel Tips for Hoi An

Excuse me! This is Hoi An

by muddybok

For those of you who have visited Melaka (Malaysia), you may be mistaken that houses at Hoi An to be of Melaka. In fact the only similarities are they are old & gone through the war torn period.

If you're into architecture, some of the older structures will sure make you spending hour observing structural details of these building. Remember, this is a UNESCO Heritage site, there sure have reason why they are listed in the list.

good for them, good for us

by richiecdisc

Once off the boat, I noticed our shoulders were a bit red from the sun. We had not had much sun since getting to Vietnam but it seemed now it would be a constant companion. We could get used to that, even our skin after some days with sun block. What we hoped to also get used to were more locals like these. We could deal with people trying to make a buck, that was human nature and more than understandable in a country wrought with poverty like Vietnam. But that they could be nice about it in spite of our not buying from them was a good thing all around. Good for us as it meant less stress. Good for them because we would tell our friends that it was not such a hassle here as we initially found it. And just maybe with this better treatment, we might buy something from them after all.

a novel way to carry your wares

by richiecdisc

Local women have a novel way to carry their wares and it is amazing to see these small women carry what must be equal or greater than their weight on their narrow but strong shoulders. By counterbalancing two baskets on either end of a bamboo pole, they manage to carry what otherwise might be unmanageable.

Dive with Rainbow Divers!

by kelnsha

I did not dive with them cos I didn't know that I can dive in Hoi An. In addition, the staff there told me that the underwater visibilty wasn't good then due to the Philippine typhoon.

The dive season in Hoi An is between April & August when the Rainbow Divers’ speedboat whisks divers out to the Cu Lao Cham Marine Park. For certified divers there is a daily dive trip to the nearby Cu Lao Cham Marine park, some 25 minutes by speedboat. The Marine Park comprises 8 islands which are home to 155 species of corals, 202 species of fish, 4 species of lobster and 84 species of mollusks.

A must for all divers to check this out: www.daveharasti.com/vietnam/underwater/ Don't need to bring any dive gear or equipment cos they are provided. You may want to bring along your personal dive computer, mask & snorkel. They charge US$50 for 1 boat dive, US$75 for 2 boat dives & US$100 for 3 boat dives inclusive of all dive equipment. Daily departures from the Hoi An Beach Resort at 8am. Booking is essential as they like to keep the numbers to a maximum of 12 divers, diving in groups of 4, each with their own guide. Contact grae. Accommodation can also be arranged if required.

Cua Dai Beach

by sieffron

Just 4 km away from downtown Hoi An is Cua Dai Beach. It's a nice stretch of white sand with calm blue ocean water lapping the shore. It's a pleasant respite from town as it gets hot in the mid-afternoon. During weekdays, roaming vendors seem to outnumber beachgoers and it's possible to purchase fresh fruit, massages, or beach toys to help you further indulge yourself on the sand.
There are a few different ways to get to Cua Dai. You can rent a motobike, have a motobike take you there, or you can rent a bicycle. I opted for the third choice and my guesthouse rented a bike to me for 20,000 dong ($1.25) for the day. It was a rickety piece with a basket on the front and I was the object of much jeering on the way to the beach and along my return. It did the trick though and it only took me about 20 minutes one way with Cua Dai being a straight shot out of town. There's a minimal fee for locking motobikes and bicycles at the beach.

Comments