Thien Thanh Hotel Hoi An

Expedia.com Agoda.com Hotels.com

More about Thien Thanh Hotel Hoi An

loved the thien thanh ( blue sky ) hotel

by TripAdvisor Member noosa_blue_in_VN

I was put onto this hotel by another hotel in Hue and I was not disappointed. Ended up staying a few extra days because it was located close to main hoi an and I enjoyed hoi an and the hotel so much. Only negative remark I can make really is about noise in rooms on road front. Having the pool was real bonus for those days when you wandered back in after walking around or bicycling around. Hotel has free bicycles so make sure you ride out to one of the beaches through the paddy fields - its magic. Little kiosks out there will be glad to see you amd make you a fresh juice and look after your bike for small fee (6,000 dong for bike max)

Loved our stay at Thien Thanh

by TripAdvisor Member evvaw

We had a fantastic stay at this hotel.
Great style, beautiful surroundings, walking distance to old town, brillant staff - booked our flights to Hanoi, Saigon and Bangkok.

We had a bit of trouble finding the place as the address on trip
advisor is: 34 Nhi Trung 2, Hoi An but infact the address is: 16 Ba Trieu, Hoi An Town.

Will upload some photos when we return home from our trip!

Perceft on all demands

by TripAdvisor Member Backpackers_united

great hotel with a beautiful view on rice fields, swimming pool and wonderful rooms. everything is arranged with a lot of love from the owner Mrs. Binh and Mr. Khiem. (small flowers on the beds and flowting in the bath.

Helped in all matters (though the Trip to My Son itself, booked by the hotel was not what we expected - but thats not the fault of the hotel). The staff is extraordinary friendly and mindful.
Free Internet access and BF incl.

Thumbs up for Thien Than.\
See you again soon!

beautiful, amazing value, lovely owners

by TripAdvisor Member jnoble

We stayed in many hotels in Vietnam ranging from $15/per night to $150/per night, and we concluded that this hotel was the perfect balance of luxury and value. The rooms are beurtifully decorated, and they have a lovely court yard area with a new pool. The food is decent, the owners very nice, and its located in a nice quiet part of the town, yet still walking distance to the center. Highly recommended.

Excellent hotel! Book early.

by TripAdvisor Member thanhxuan

Our friend turned us on to this place. We were impressed with the hotel's wonderful decoration and friendly staff. Some of the highlights were the relaxing deck in the back where we could sip coffees or beers and gaze out over a peaceful scene of rau muong fields and rice paddies. The staff were helpful and personable. Good folks. Also, there was free breakfast each morning included with the resonable room rates. One of the things we liked the most about the hotel were the little decorative touches that set it apart from the others. Chi Binh, one of the owners, seems to be constantly on the look out for ways to add some style to her hotel, whether it be silk lampshades, cute ceramic kitcsh, or marble direct from Marble Mountain lining their pool-floor, it's an aesthetically fun place to stay. Book early though, it seems to fill up quite fast. I think they are trying to add another wing to the hotel, but it doesn't look like it will be finished for at least a month. Happy travels!

Not a bad choice

by TripAdvisor Member Phillippa_and_Rob

This hotel has friendly helpful staff, although they could probably be a little more helpful at times. They are quite happy to help you as long as you are not causing a fuss. (We had a couple of things go a little wrong and I think they got fed up of our faces!)

The only down side really was that we did not get the room we thought we had booked. The room we had was nice but had limited day light and was noisy VERY early in the morning (although I am coming to realise this is just the pulse of vietnam and I should get used to it!!)

The affiliated Clothes shop - To To - run by the owners sister was a great place to get clothes made. The lady made us feel very welcome, was very friendly and made very good clothes. She did not mind when alterations were necessary due to my short stature and rotund behind!!! I had a really nice time in the shop and she offered water to keep us cool (I was buying a winter jacket so it was very much appreciated in the 30 degree heat!) She even gave water to my husband who was really just there for the ride!!

Great stay, loved Hoi An, the hotel pool was the BEST at the end of a hot sticky day (freezing cold otherwise!!) Lovely veranda looking out on to a padi field but I didn't see 1 mosquito! FAB!!

Room given away, don't accept substitute.

by TripAdvisor Member EerwahVale

We arrived late (flight was cancelled) to find our room had been given away. They apologised profusely and offered to book us into an alternative hotel. It was late and raining outside, so we accepted. Bad idea. They took us to Grasslands hotel way out of town that wasn't at all pleasant. Next day they managed to fit us back into the hotel, but in an attic room that was poorly lit and leaked. Yes, the hotel and staff are lovely but we were annoyed especially when just down the road there were several other good hotels that we could have gone to rather than being taken out of town. However, loved Hoi An and will go back again one day (but will book another hotel).

Fantastic experience at an amazing price!

by TripAdvisor Member caramelgirl

We booked our stay here thanks to all the great reviews that we read on Tripadvisor. We were not sorry. The room was a good size with powerful aircon (important as Hoi An was crazy hot by 9am when we were staying).
The decked area at the back is also fab for relaxing in the evenings. The hotel is slightly out of the centre but all the nicer for it and the town is so small that really it makes no odds where you are- you can walk anywhere.
Internet is free (or at least they didn't charge us) and there are magazines and books to borrow.
Hoi An is a vibrant and busy place but at the Thien Thanh you should be able to relax.
Things I recommend: they have a tailors just down the road called ToTo. They will make up an outfit for you overnight and then refit it the next day. Not super cheap ($20/silk dress, $10 for linen trousers with handy zipped pockets) but so convenient- you could probably haggle but we were too hot!
I also recommend getting up as early as you can. The town is alive at 5.30am with children going to school and everyone eating their breakfast on the street. Walk along the river and look at the fishermen landing their catch. It is a magical time and let's you appreciate how the town was before all of us tourists arrived..

very nice accomodations

by TripAdvisor Member jeffgu

A friend recommended this place and we really did enjoy this quaint hotel, tucked away on a somewhat quiet street in Hoi An. The breakfast which comes with the room is quite adequate, the dinner wasn't great, but the atmosphere, pool, decor, and friendly service more than makes up for that. Besides, some of the best resturants in Vietnam are a short walk away such as the Cafe Des Amis.

Lovely new deluxe room

by TripAdvisor Member lafeola

This is one of my favorite hotels in Viet Nam now. We stayed in the deluxe room (the first guests to do so) which was $40 a night. The tub with jets was fantastic, and the decor, deck, and big TV worthy of the extra bucks if you're looking for a honeymoon suite type of experience. The women at the front desk and restaurant were also very attentive and sweet; we received consistently good service. The decor and general surroundings of the hotel are also quite lovely and serene. Great view of green fields out back from the decks.

agonizing over hotels...

by ice0degree

hiya,

i'm planning to be in Hoi An next friday (YES! finally)
can anyone give me any advice on where to stay in Hoi An? i'm kinda torn between staying at the town center and beachfront. which website can i book for cheap hotels and domestic airfare from saigon to hoi an?

thanks :-)
PS: I'm a spoilt traveller...

by mylan

Thien Thanh hotel at 34 Nhi trung II str. is nice. I was there last time and highly recommend it

RE: RE: agonizing over hotels...

by trisanna

I stayed at the Hoi An hotel, which is in the historic area of the town. It's a medium size hotel that doesn't have much of a soul, but it's comfortable and in a good location. Many package tourists end up here. It's across from many tailor shops.

by journeyedgrl

I have stayed at the Hoi An hotel a couple of times. The really good thing about this hotel is that it is in the center of town. The friendliness of the staff can be a little lacking but it was a nice place. I have also stayed at the Hoi An Beach Resort. Beautiful resort on the beach with a great pool....very very nice. But the resort is a few km from town so you will either have to take the free shuttle, a taxi, or rent a motorcycle if you're daring enough (not too dangerous bc hoi an is fairly small with little traffic). A great site to check out is www.asiahotels.com - They have reviews for most hotels in Vietnam. I have used them several times. Hope this helps.

by jess_c_ka

heya

im going to vietnam in nov 05 as well and have spent hours online reading up on this beautiful country,,

i found this site to be very helpful and can cater for different comfort levels!!

good luck and enjoy ur trip

by hawaiianhottie

Vinh Hung II is nice-I just stayed there for 3 days. $25 a night with TV, Air con., and swimming pool and buffet breakfast. Super nice staff that speaks great English

RE: RE: agonizing over hotels...

by ice0degree

hi everyone,
thanks so much for your wonderful tips...i'm so excited over this trip and certainly looking forward to major shopping :-)
cheers :-)
PS: www.tnktravelvietnam.com is indeed a very good resource for vietnam travel info...you can book almost everything from hotels, internal flights and transfers here. I chance upon this other website for cheap hotels www.precisionreservations.com , tried comparing prices and found this hotel to be generally cheaper than others. they also have a 24x7 chatline to help lost souls like me;-)

Where to stay Hoi An?

by susannahaus

Hi,

I'm looking for somewhere to stay in Hoi An for a little over a week. The last time I was there I stayed in the most beautiful guest house the Ha Ann. The problem is I'm by myself this time and don't want to walk from the restaurants through the markets by myself at night (am I being silly being worried about this?). Can anyone recommend somewhere relatively good for around US$10 a night (or cheaper!!)?

RE: RE: Where to stay Hoi An?

by chefgrad

Thien Thanh is by far the best hotel in all of Hoian! The prices are good, the rooms are amazing and the staff is unbelievable! The owners took us out for dinner once. If you look at their scrapbook, you'll see plenty of happy customers. "Thien Thanh Hotel" is a big reason for my returns to Hoi An

RE: RE: Where to stay Hoi An?

by chefgrad

Thien Thanh is at 34 Nhi Trung st...>> http://deptrai.multiply.com/photos/hi-res/1/145.JPG?xurl=%2Fphotos%2Fphoto%2F1%2F145.JPG

Travel Itinerary for Hue and Hoi An

by tcoco

Hi... I'll be in Saigon in end of March. Will be going to Hue and Hoi An for 3-4 days. Any suggestions for the itinerary?

As we have limited budget, are there any budget hotels over there? How about getting around Hue and Hoi An? What is the price of hiring a car and driver?

Re: Travel Itinerary for Hue and Hoi An

by ajbrowne

Hi

I think a good itinerary would look something like.

3 days in Saigon with a day trip to the Mekong Delta and another day trip to the Chu Chi tunnels. Then 1 day should be enough in Saigon city. I would then travel to Danang in a overnight sleeper carriage. Once in Danang you get a bus back to Hoi An which is about 30 kms away and cost around $3. You could also fly from Saigon to Danang airport with Vietnam airlines if it's in the budget.

2-3 day's in Hoi An should be enough to get some clothes made and see the town. If you stay in Hoi An center you can walk around the whole town without a problem. We hired a motor bike for $4 a day a went to the beach which was nice. Travel by bus to Hue.

2 nights in Hue should be enough to see the temples.

If time permits I would then get a sleeper train up to Hanoi for 2-3 nights and then do a 1 night trip out to Halong Bay. There are loads of budget boat trips out from Hanoi. I think we paid around $35 each which covered transport to the harbour. 1 night on the boat and all food included. We also booked this in Hoi An which cost a little bit more.

There are budget hotels all over Hoi An and Hue. You basically turn up and check out each room and price. You can even bargain with the price if you think it’s too much! If you want to book ahead maybe a guide book could help.

Have a good time!

Re: Travel Itinerary for Hue and Hoi An

by hientonkin

Hoi An : Thanh Xuan or Thien Thanh Hotel are the two fav. of many people for budget ranges in Hoi An.
Hue: Orchid of course.
For budget hotels, there are a lot of them in town.
Car and driver price depends on the distance you go and where you do. So it's hard to say how much. Or you can negociate with them based on km.
Hien