Thuy Duong 3

Nhi Trung (New) St, Hoi An, Vietnam

Thuy Duong 3 Hotel
Hotels.com Agoda.com Travelocity

• SurfaceTravel's Profile Photo

Decent value hotel, OK but not perfect

We booked this hotel based on reviews from TA and because we were after a resonable price. It is a reasonable hotel and it does give good value. The rooms were quite large and clean. Our room and its balcony overlooked the tiny courtyard and swimming pool, which meant that there was either some sunlight, or curtains drawn for privacy, not both. The doors were thin and un-padded (for slamming), so if there were inconsiderate neighbours, you would hear them clearly. We were lucky. The pool is small but nice, although a bit dark down in the centre of that three-storey tall courtyard, with all the rooms looking down at you. We had no complaints about the service.

Unlike their web site says, the walk to the Japanese Bridge is more than 10 minutes as opposed to 5, but it's still close enough to the centre of town.

We wouldn't stay there again, not because of any specific complaint, but merely to try out some other mid-range hotels that may be better. I would, however, recommend it to a friend, as there was nothing very wrong with the place.

Sorry, I know this seems a rambling and very middle-of-the-road review, but that hotel is basically acceptable and OK, nothing more.

Directions: It's a 5 minute walk north-west of the intersection of Tran Hung Dao and Nhi Trung, about a 10 minute walk to the northern edge of the pedestrian section of town, and a 15 minute walk to the river.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Quiet relaxation

The Thuy Duong 3 Hotel is set in well landscaped gardens and offers all the modern comforts. Rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, mini bar, personal safe, private bathroom and hairdryers.

Unique Quality: The view over the rice fields makes you feel a part of peaceful local surroundings.

• Nicky-IRE's Profile Photo

decent three star accomodation

I stayed only for 1 day and everything was correct. They have a pool in the middle of the hotel and balconies that overlook it from the rooms, however, as it rained so heavily I didn´t get to take advantage of anything.

• KhanhLy's Profile Photo

Excellent Price for Economy Accomodation

Friendly staff, excellent service, beautiful hotel with clean room. Mosquitoes netting provided but I didn't need it in November. Our reservation included a nice buffet breakfast with eggs/omelette cooked to order.

Unique Quality: Room had windows with shutters and balcony that opened out to the street. On the balcony, there are wooden folding chairs for you to sit. My room door faced a beautiful swimming pool. My brother took a dive but the water was too cool.

• coxy's Profile Photo

cheap and good location

we had 2 nights here and for a 3 star hotel you got the same service and luxuries as a 5 star. US$40 a night included breakfast, and they even have an out door pool.

Unique Quality: pool, breakfast, views not the best, but what do you expect when your inland.

• xaver's Profile Photo

Swiming pool!

This hotel was reccommended to me by the staff of the hotel in Hue(I was really surprised and amazed to see how hotels were orginised here) and again I was kindly surprised.
    I had a swimming pool just outside my window wich made my day after 6 hours of bus.
    I paid 15 dollars for a double room with airconditioning and bath.They do not accept credit card for amounts less than 50 dollars and they charge 4 percent commission.

Unique Quality: Definitly the swimming pool!!!

More about Thuy Duong 3

Hotels in Hoi An

by Tira1

Could anyone pls get me some info on inexpensive hotels in Hoi An and Hue?? I'm kinda in a rush as I need it tomorrow:-((( Thanks much, Tira

Re: Hotels in Hoi An

by shadrach2

Recently stayed at Thuy Duong 3 (pronounced Twee Yung Baa) in Hoi An and cost $25US. Fantastic hotel with great pool and only a 5 minute walk from main river/town area. If this is too much there are plenty of cheaper places. Just look around when you get there. No need to book ahead - just tell the taxi drivers what you want and they'll find it for you. Don't miss the early morning fish market in Hoi An!

Re: Re: Hotels in Hoi An

by vincev

I surfed to lot of Hotels.
The Thuy Duong 3 seems realy nice. But the price are about 44 (or 35$ by internet) to 82$
How did others get 25$ a night?

Comments