Vietnam Village Resort

Cam Nam, Hoi An, 84, Vietnam

More about Hoi An

Smiling Hong...Hoang An Shoe Store,Hoi An,Vietnam.Smiling Hong...Hoang An Shoe Store,Hoi An,Vietnam.

Residential Street,Cam Nam Island,Hoi An,Vietnam.Residential Street,Cam Nam Island,Hoi An,Vietnam.

SO MANY STYLES SO MANY STYLES

CHARGER,SPARE MEMORY CARD,INT.POWERPOINT ADAPTORCHARGER,SPARE MEMORY CARD,INT.POWERPOINT ADAPTOR

Drive from Da Nang to Hoi An

by ohaiyo

Hi everyone,

I have two questions.

How long is the drive from Hue to Hoi An? A friend of mine said I should drive straight from Hue to Hoi An and should not stop along the way at the Cham Museum in Da Nang and the Marble Mountain because they are not worth seeing if I'm pressed for time.

My second question is how many days should I spend in Hoi An. My friend said it is a very neat town and I should spend more time there. What is there to see and do in Hoi An?

by betska

The bus from Hoi An to Hue took us approx. 3 hrs, so by car maybe a little quicker. We did not visit the Cham Museum in Danang, as we were short of time, but others might be able to tell you if they think it's worth a look. We did Marble Mountain as a half-day trip from Hoi An and enjoyed it. (I'm in the middle of writing up a tip on this at the moment).
We spent 3 days/2 nights in Hoi An. I really loved that place and wish that we had around 4 nights there. I have some tips & photos on my Hoi An page.
Enjoy your trip
Betty

by stevemt

There is quite a lot to do in Hoi An. The ancient hindu settlement at MY SON is certainly worth a visit. There is also a working ancient village that is worth going round. There are tailors everywhere, so gst measured for some clothes while you are there. Hoi An itself is very worth looking round. There are the old meeting houses, the Japanese bridge, as well as the beaches.

Also watch out for the old US army trucks around the place. When you see them you will know what I mean.

Its all on my Hoi An pages.

by JohanIsWeg

All depends on your interests... If you're into history and culture, the Cham Museum has some of the best Cham relics anywhere in Vietnam. We stopped off there and wandered through to see the exhibits. It will have even more meaning if you visit My Son, as suggested by another poster. The ruins at My Son (which is a half day trip from Hoi An) is eerily fascinating in the early-morning mist.
I absolutely loved Marble Mountain. The views are spectacular, both of the surrounding suburbs and landscape, as well as the huge religious carvings and statues in the caves. Marble carvers, at the bottom of the mountain, produce spectacular work - all with marble imported from China ironically enough.
Hai Van Pass and Lang Co Beach are further short-stop possibilities as you travel from Hue to Hoi An. I wouldn't rush the trip between these two towns; there's so much to see.
Hoi An appeals a lot to Westerners, probably because it's so quaint… I spoke to a Vietnamese colleague before our trip and he told me Hoi An is not really a premier Vietnamese domestic holiday destination. It is a pretty little town with the Japanese Covered Bridge and some Old Houses (from the town’s commerce background), as well as temples and meeting halls. The great attraction for many Western tourists, however, is the tailors! Having your own suit and shoes made and fitted is quite an experience.
We were there for three days and – for us – that was sufficient.

Travel Tips for Hoi An

Early morning photography

by Rambling_Man

It may be difficult while on vacation, but try to dedicate one day to wake up very early with the goal of catching the Ancient City in the beautiful morning glow. You should get up around 5am, grab some breakfast and then rent a bike to tour around. Plan to take lots of photos, especially down by the market and docks where the fishermen are unloading the night's catch. Then tour around the Ancient City and snap photographs of buildings and the local people on their way to school and work.

Well worth the early wakeup call, as the photographs you get will be stunning.

Lantern making

by Willettsworld

Hoi An is famous for its paper lanterns which the Chinese traders brought here. You can see them being made if you walk west from the Japanese Covered Bridge to the Dinh Cam Pho Communal House on your right before you get to the ticket booth.

Toilets on Cau Dai

by chrisvandenbroucke

The toilets on this beach are just bamboo walls without any protection from mosquitoes or exterior and interior noises.

Well, I neede them badly because I must have eaten something that wanted constantly to find its way out

action photography

by richiecdisc

One of the great photo opportunities in Hoi An involves trying to capture conically clad bikers traversing the footbridge. You will have lots of chances but trying to get it just right is not as easy as it at first seems. A zoom is essential for shots like this. I have a 300 mm and even that doesn't seem to be enough.

BIG BLUE LOVERS

by hientonkin

Just for beach people. Discover Cham island is great. 8 islands, 135 species of coral, 202 species of fish.
You can join a day trips with scuba dives, snorkelling, sailing.... or join the padi dive courses if you dont know how to dive yet, from 1 day course, 3 days course or even 6 weeks course ( for master course ).
Have fun and fun!