Vinh Hung 3

Trung Nhi Street, Hoian, Vietnam, Hoi An, Vietnam

Good For No Data
  • ellielou's Profile Photo

great, comfortable stay

I had my hotel in Hanoi book something they thought was good for me, since I didn't want to arrive without a hotel, and they booked the Vinh Hung 1. When I arrived, there was something wrong with my room, a bathroom leak or something, and they asked if I wouldn't mind staying at the Vinh Hung 3, for the same price.

I took this as a sign that I could bargain. And, bargain I did, for a savings, I think, of $5/night.

Anyway, I think I prefered the 3. You could enter the main Vinh Hung into the back door, and hit the huge buffet breakfast, and the area where they had internet access, and 3 was much, much quiter.

Plus, I had a back room, overlooking a beautiful rice paddy.

Unique Quality: Rooftop pool. Perfect for cooling off or just chilling after a day roaming around. Cable tv. Great western style bathrooms. Little balcony overlooking the rice paddy. The buffet breakfast is great and filling.

Directions: Behind Vinh Hung I, just about a block or two from "Ancient" quarter

• elbe's Profile Photo

Nice hotel close to the oldtown

We stayed in the Vinh Hung 3 (Vinh Hung 1 and 2 are probably more comfortable). The rooms were really good,: nice and clean, lot of space. The only negative thing to mention is that most of the rooms don’t have windows (actually they have but as I’ve been there they built a house beside the hotel so that you could see 30 centimetres far to the wall). For me it was no problem, if you just come in your room to sleep and change clothes it’s alright. But if you’re afraid that there’s a fire or you’re claustrophobic it’s probably no good idea to stay there ;-)

Unique Quality: The rooms had - like every hotel I’ve stayed in – air-conditioning. Here I had a tv (the only one I had with HBO :-)
    On the roof is a swimming pool but for my taste the water was too warm to swim in it, ugh. The breakfast is really continental and was I must admit (how embarrassing!) the best I’ve eaten in Vietnam. The service was very polite like in every hotel we’ve been in Vietnam.

Directions: not far from the oldtown

Comments