Ha Long Rd, Quang Ninh,, Halong Bay, Vietnam
Agoda.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Ha Long

Inside the junkInside the junk

...and sunset....and sunset.

Halong Bay is best enjoyed at sunrise...Halong Bay is best enjoyed at sunrise...

Small boats have easy access to the tour boatsSmall boats have easy access to the tour boats

O/N junk cruise on small junk

by tuynesn

Hi

Just checking if anyone can rcommend a reputable junk for a one night cruise next month. Would prefer a small pesonalised junk if possible unless feedback suggests big junks are also good.

Thanks

by capelkay

Definitely go the over night we did day trip to stay overnight Cat Ba Island so on our return we met back up with the on boat overnighters they had a lovely time we spent most of the time in transit and a 2 star hotel one egg for breakfast. they gorged themself with seafood. We were on Grotto SUNG SOT, i think they are all pretty much of a muchness. i recomend you book your junk in Vietnam at travel agent (they are on every corner in Old Quarter) a fraction of the price to international agents. pricing is very competitive, lots of photos to show you what you are booking and ask about upgrades usually about US$5 and avoides that irritating put your hand in the pocket again when you get there. I spent 11 days Hanoi and Sa Pa if you have any other Q's happy to share my experience - i loved it.

by cachaseiro

I was on a cruise there a month ago on one of the bigger boats and i must say that i was very positively impressed.
Here is a link to the company:

by Camihong

Hi,

You could check with Heritage Cruise or Bai Tho Junk. It is small junk with the suitable price.

by Adaptor-Plug

Try the 2 day 1 nighter on the "real sailing" junk.

We recently had a few of us do this, and it was perfect for our small group. Not cheap but a great crew and superb food.

Not sure if I would want a completely personalised junk. Okay me and my lass talk a lot, but it was cool partying as a small group, and having some new mates join in too.

Travel Tips for Ha Long

Some practical matters

by Tijavi

Here are a few practical tips in getting the most of your Halong Bay holiday:
1) Day tours are a no-no: don't even consider taking a day tour of Halong Bay. This enchanting place is best enjoyed at sunset and at sunrise when a thick misty fog envelopes the karsts. Better even with your favorite cocktail on hand (at sunset), or with a cup of freshly brewed Vietnamese coffee (at sunrise).

2) Spend a little bit more: at the time of my visit, I paid about 100+ dollars for an overnight trip. This is inclusive of cabin accommodation in a well-maintained, clean boat, meals (but not drinks) and tickets to the various sites in the bay. Cheap tours are always an option, but you don't want rats running around the boat or suffering from a bad case of food poisoning, do you? I have included a separate tip on the tour operator under accommodation tips.

3) Watch those valuables: we've been told by the operator to take care of our valuables while on board. The boats could easily be accessed from smaller boats that ply the bay, so better keep your valuables locked inside your cabin.

Annam junk

by MrLonely

I think it will not be too cold to swim in November if you belong to Frigit Zone
Honestly, I don't like Annam Junk because of 2 reason. First, It has a bad apperance regarless of what inside it. From the outside it looks dusty and uncomfortable. Second, Its name recalls the country's humiliating past. Annam {An: no rising; Nam: The South(vietnam)} was once the name that Chinese Dynasties used to refer to Vietnam with one wish that Vietnamese people would never have power to fight again them to regain the independence and would be china's colony forever. All Vietnamese people hate and want to clear that name(Annam) in their mind but the owners of Annam Junk!

travel

by minh.tn

I have been to Ha Long for 2 days so I agree with you about day 1 and 4 in Hanoi, and days 2&3 in Ha Long. Because on 2 days, you can enjoy all of sightseeings in Ha Long. I recommend you traveling Ha Long by a Junk, you can see the beautiful sightseeings at the top of Junk. At that time I booked Ha Long Bay Package tour in traveltovietnam.cc service. I think that the price 110$ is reasonable for 2 days include room and food. It is the good choice to go to Ha Long in December because the weather is cool and windy.
I hope you have good time in Ha Long.
Bye

Chaos of the sea

by victorwkf

Just when you think it is chaotic on land at Hanoi with all the motorcycles, it is chaotic on sea at the harbour of Halong City when you embark on your junk boat cruise. There are many junk boats of all shapes and sizes packed at the harbour, and there is so much activities and movement all around especially during the late morning where all the boats are setting off to Halong Bay. The photos here will give you a good idea of the chaos :)

Smuggle In Your Drink onto the junk

by vuzu

Well, we all aware that drinks are double the price on board. And we probably like to bring one or two from hanoi before getting on board. BUT, BE INFORMED THAT ALL DRINKS WILL BE CHARGED AT THE GATE OF PIER. SO, IT'S ADVISEABLE TO HIDE OR KEEP IN YOUR LUGGAGE BEFORE ENTERING THE GATE.

Comments