Ha Long Hotels

Our Members Say

• shavy profile photo shavy
  • Reviews: 720

Aclass Opera Cruise: Deluxe

Aclass Opera wasn't so bad the meals are excellent! different menu every time, the staff were helpful But we have been pay too much for this boat

It was excellent cruise there are excursions include to this trip such visiting the cave, swimming in one of the beach in Halong Bay and the second day is the Kayaking to the floating village

• Written June 25, 2013

Upper deck

• rubytrinh profile photo rubytrinh
  • Reviews: 1

Bhaya Cruises: Bhaya Cruises, luxury cruise with great activities

I spent 3 days 2 nights on board Bhaya Cruises in July. It was a great experience.

I visited Ha Long Bay and Cat Ba Island with my friend and we shared a twin Deluxe cabin on Bhaya Classic 1. The boat design is Indochine style and concession to the modern with air conditioners, comfortable beds, and ensuite bathroom. The hardwood floor, wide screen glass windows and mini bar made me really enjoy my stay on board.

The food was another highlight. A wide range of choice, Vietnamese and Western cuisine. Fresh seafood buffet for lunch and set menu for dinner.

Bhaya Cruises staff are very attentive and helpful, especially our cruise manager, Ronald.

I did not do the spa but my friend did and she really enjoyed, very relaxing.

Besides, Bhaya also has good facilities for kayaking, biking, film watching.

I would highly recommend Bhaya Cruises to any one visiting Ha Long Bay.

- great sundeck to sunbathe and view stunning Ha Long Bay
- delicious and healthy food
- comfortable and luxury cabins
- friendly and helpful staff

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Cruise, Kayaking
  • Written September 12, 2011

Bhaya Classic

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

Princes Hotel: On Cat Ba Island

I stayed here on the second night of my 3 day/2 night Halong Bay tour with ODC Travel who are based in the Old Quarter in Hanoi. The hotel is 3-star and features a nice reception area where we simply signed-in and were given our room key on the 7th floor. My room featured 2 beds - a double and a single, 2 chairs, table, a/c, TV, fan, desk, phone, mirror, fridge, and a nice clean bathroom. We had a nice dinner on the hotels top floor which was included in the tour. The hotel features a sauna, steam room, massage room and spa. Nice place but unfortunately we didn't have a lot of time to explore it fully.

• Written May 15, 2010

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

ODC Travel: Sun Cruise Junk: Lovely cabin plus great food

I took my 3 day/2 night Halong Bay tour with ODC Travel who are based in the Old Quarter in Hanoi. They first picked me up from my hotel in the Old Quarter and then we picked up other people - 15 in total including me, and we made our way out of the city over the Red River. We arrived at the tourist port in Halong after stopping enroute at a large ceramics factory shop and then transferred onto a small boat which took us to our wooden junk boat called the Sun Cruise (see my accommodation tip). It was a very nice boat and my cabin had two single beds, a/c and a nice modern bathroom complete with WC, shower and hand basin. The junk had a lovely open top deck with sun loungers even though it was pretty chilly and overcast as it was January.

We first had lunch which was very luxurious of small prawns, potato croquettes, butterfish etc. After visiting some caves and an island we transferred back to the junk and had dinner of stuffed crabs, large fresh prawns hanging off the side of a wine glass, edible flower-shaped vegetables and fresh spring rolls on cocktail sticks stuffed in a pineapple. We were then entertained by a father and daughter duo who sang traditional Vietnamese songs and instruments and I then retired to my cabin.

All-in-all it was a good trip on a lovely boat with some fantastic food and a nice cabin. The tour cost me US$146 (which included a single supplement) and included everything except drinks which I didn't think was a bad price.

• Written May 15, 2010
Tip Photo

• betska profile photo betska
  • Reviews: 91

Cong Nghia: Our room on the boat

OK. The whole 2 day trip cost us $35 each. So we didn't expect the accomodation to be anything luxurious. But, it was clean & comfortable. There was some hot water in the shower (just a little...) We had a great night's sleep and the view looking out of the window upon waking was magnificent. I would certainly recommend sleeping on the boat rather than getting dropped off at Cat Ba Island.

views views views

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 9, 2009

Clean & comfy

• dancinbudgie profile photo dancinbudgie
  • Reviews: 176

Bhaya: Ha Long Bay Cruising

Ha Long bay was always going to be one of the highlights of our Vietnam holiday, and so we really splashed out and did the whole luxury cruise thing. Bhaya was an excellent choice for us. The boat itself was beautiful. Very clean, and with lots of space so that it never felt crowded even though it was fully booked. The dining room was lovely, and served up some brilliant meals. We had booked a suite, which was fabulous...really spacious with a private little viewing area on the deck...great for waking up in the morning and having coffee in your PJ's.
The crew were very professional...attentive without being conspicuous. There were plenty of activities to prevent boredom (if you could possibly get bored with that view), including kayaking, village visits, cave visits, Tai Chi, movies etc. We could have spent another night easily!

• Related to: Cruise, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Sailing and Boating
  • Written May 29, 2009

Bhaya Junk Boat

• kidfree profile photo kidfree
  • Reviews: 84

Halong Green: Floating Comfort

If you do take the sensible option and choose to stay aboard one of the many junks that are available then the Halong Green would be a good choice.
Although one of the larger junks it was not crowded and there is a wonderful top deck with plenty of seating and lounging. Cabins were very comfortable, air conditioned, and the shower had ample hot water. As is so often the case the staff make the real difference and these could not do enough for the passengers.
What I thought was nice was the fact that there were enough guides on board to cover all the languages of the passengers and they spent extra time looking after the elder passengers that were on the trip during our cave trips.
Kayaking was available too and even if you hadnt pre booked there was no problem arranging it at the last minute.

Very comfortable, friendly helpful staff, great food.

• Related to: Beaches, Sailing and Boating, National/State Park
  • Written March 1, 2009

Halong Green

• zuyao profile photo zuyao
  • Reviews: 345

Asean Hai Ngoc Hotel: Budget accommodation

The hotel is very simple. It says it's a 3-star hotel but it looks less than that. But it is still a clean, cheap place to stay. For me it's okay, since I spend more time at Ha Long bay itself and the hotel was just a stopover.

Free internet facilities are available at the lobby.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written December 4, 2008

• kenningst profile photo kenningst
  • Reviews: 529

Hotel at Catba Island: Hotel at Catba Island

I don't remember what the hotel name was but it comes with the tour I took. The hotel was great, clean with attached bath room and great view from the room. I just wanna give you a look at how the hotel look like which comes with the tour.

• Written September 15, 2008
Tip Photo

• shintarojon profile photo shintarojon
  • Reviews: 859

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ferry boat: one night in the boat

(last date stayed - April 24, 2007)

- twin-sharing room
- with toilet/shower room
- clean room

rate per night - included in the package tour

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Sailing and Boating, Budget Travel
  • Written May 13, 2007

twin-bed

• callumsmith1234 profile photo callumsmith1234
  • Reviews: 4

Sleep on the Boat: Ha Long Bay Trip

Buy a tour from a big city like Ha Noi - As a big team of 18 people we bought ours from Hue. We got a fantastic 2 day trip for just $16! This included everything - transport to and from Ha Long, meals, 2 days on the boat with a cabin and the entry ticket. Staying on the boat is amazing, (If a little stuffy) and definately something i would recommend.

The great thing about staying on the Junk/tourist boats is that you can carry on your trip from where you left it the day earlier. There is no returning to Ha Long Dock which is Mobbed all the time - this means you will get to see more. For a few dollars extra you can go Kayaking from the boat - something we didnt have the chance to do but seems like it would be fun.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Jungle and Rain Forest
  • Written May 13, 2007
Tip Photo

• bumpychick profile photo bumpychick
  • Reviews: 183

Saigon Halong Hotel: A room with a view

A very good standard hotel with fabulous views over Halong Bay. Make sure you ask for a sea facing room, and go for one of the higher floors. The rooms are very large, and well equipped.
The Hotel restaurant also affords very good views of the bay, and the food is of a reasonable standard. There didn't seem to be much to do in the hotel, there is a big bar in the lobby but not many people were using it when we visited. They could do with some live enntertainment.

• Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written May 1, 2007

Saigon Halong Hotel

• hydronetta profile photo hydronetta
  • Reviews: 903

Ban Tho junk: Staying on board

As we chose to have cruise only and not spend any night off shore, the room we had was on board. It was a small lovely twin bed room with wooden walls and ceiling and bamboo furniture. The room has ensuite bathroom with shower. Bed linen and towels were provided. There is also fan and aircondition in case the weather turns out hot (I found out that it was rather chilly at night)

• Written April 17, 2007
Tip Photo

• bchurchill profile photo bchurchill
  • Reviews: 66

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Saigon Ha Long: The best hotel isn't that great

Its one of the biggest and it was promised to be the best, the service was not very good nor was dinner. The breakfast was excellent, better than the Sheraton in Hanoi. I would recommend staying only one night, and spending the rest of your time on a boat.

Good View

• Written March 13, 2007

view from our room

• victorwkf profile photo victorwkf
  • Reviews: 4529

BMC - Thang Long Hotel

For those people who do not want to stay on board the junk boats or with limited time, there is a hotel called BMC - Thang Long Hotel located just across the road to the Halong City harbour. I did not stay here but came here for lunch at their restaurant (very nice food and environment). It seems that this hotel is relatively new and both the interior and exterior are impressive. More information is at the website below.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Luxury Travel