57-59 Ben Nghe, Hue, Vietnam

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 61% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

Near the River

The Camellia is a 4 star hotel in a nice location, close to the river. The rooms are clean and very attractive. It has wi-fi, free internet

Unique Quality: The free breakfast is extensive, with all kinds of food

More about Camellia Hue Hotel

Very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member endtry

Hotel is very good. Ladies are very beautiful and very friendly. I had stayed here for three months . This Hotel seems like my home in Bulgarian. Whenever I plan to come Hue city, Vietnam, I will stay here at Camellia Hue Hotel.

just wonderfull!!

by TripAdvisor Member zahnMelbourne

My husband and i have just spent two wonderfull days at the camelia hotel hue, we could not rate this hotel high enough!! Service was excellent from arrival to departure. Rooms was spotless, really enjoyed a dip in the pool after a hot day walking around the city! The staff were exceptional friendly and we felt truly welcome.You wont be dissapointed if you choose to stay here.

Go for it!

by TripAdvisor Member IrelandBrenda

Excellent Hotel, bag packers dream, would definately recommend it. Staff are very helpful, great English, rooms are unreal, they even turn down the beds in the evening. For this quality hotel you would expect to be paying a much higher rate but delux room is fab!

Stay Great!

by TripAdvisor Member Jessica_Wilson

Hotel is ultra "modern". Our room had a very high ceiling with a very clean linear look . The bathroom is spare, but functional (great waterpressure!). Very comfortable and well appointed room. Great for buisiness travelers, with a full desk and free internet
Service was flawless, bilingual and friendly. Restaurant/room service was reasonable and tasty (only had breakfast).

So overall, a great stay. One of the cheaper places we saw. (though - across the street/ and near-by there seemed to be cheaper places which I'd consider staying at if we went again, if money were an issue). But, for the money, you get a very clean, modern room with good service and a decent location.

Absolutely Brilliant!!

by TripAdvisor Member PeterBu

This place is brilliant...and for just 40$ and under ten minutes walk from the river. I arrived "on spec" and was given a drink and hot towel while they prepared a room for me. My room was spacious and, like the rest of the hotel, spotlessly clean. The bathroom included a large bath with unlimited hot water and a high pressure shower.

It seems that the staff (and there are loads of them) are recruited for their helpfulness and friendliness - typified by their offering umbrellas when it looked like rain.

The inclusive buffet breakfast served on the well appointed 11th floor restaurant , was outstanding, and you feast yourself whilst enjoying stupendous views across the city.

If I had to make one criticism it is that the pool is rather on the small side and located in a sunless part of the hotel - but who goes to Hue for the sunbathing anyway ?

This is certainly the best place I have stayed in Viet Nam, and given the price, by far the best value for money.

Peter Busby, London, July 2008

Great stay in Camillia hotel

by TripAdvisor Member martinebenoit

We had a super great stay at the Camillia Hotel in Hue.
The people where very kind and friendly. The Hotel is center of Hue, close to all activities.
The room was perfect and the food as well.
I have no problem to recommand this hotel...
Thank you to all the nice employes.

mixed experience in spa

by TripAdvisor Member amyc2911

We did not actually stay in the hotel, but we used the spa.

We arrived quite late in the day at about 9pm, and spent a few minutes discussing which option to go for. We settled on the most expensive option which entitled us to use the "VIP" room for 2 people for "unlimited" time, a 60 minute massage, complementary water and fruit.

By that time it was 9.15, and we were told that the room would not be available for another 15 minutes. We calculated that this would give us half an hour to use the facilities after the massage, so we agreed, and were asked to pay upfront.

When we were given access to the room at 9.55, so I pointed out that this would only give us 5 minutes to use the facilities in the room. I was told that we could use the room until 10pm, and would have a massage between 11-12pm. As the advertised closing time was 11pm, we really appreciated that we were able to have the massage later.

The facilities in the room were lovely, and we really enjoyed the sauna and the jacuzzi. Beware the steam room however - this is actually dangerous! The steam room is small (actually a shower cubicle), and the metal box which emits steam is exposed, but you are unable to see it due to the steam. As a result, I actually burned my leg on it.

The massage was interesting. The masseuse was quite strong, and thorough. However, the style focussed on working all the muscles and was not a sensual or relaxing style. It involved the her climbing all over me, and it was a bit intimate! I have to say that the short skirt worn by the masseuse made the experience a bit seedy though.

When the massage was finished the masseuse asked me, "Do you have a tip for me?" Perhaps this can be put down to cultural differences, but I found this quite rude. And we were a bit put out as we had just realised that they had cut our massage down to 45 minutes from 60 minutes without telling us.

Overall we had mixed feelings about the experience. Perhaps you can have a better experience if you allow more time than we did, and be careful in the steam room in the VIP section!

Good but far from perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Tommyuk

I agree with many of the other reviews but my stay wasn't without problems. First, I have to agree with most reviewers that the hotel staff were lovely and couldn't be more friendly or helpful. The room was new, spotlessly clean and very well appointed. A bargain for the price ($60).
However, by mid-morning on the day I was there, there was some sort of party going on downstairs next to the reception area, which involved karaoke. The noise was deafening, even with the doors to the room closed! Construction work was going on during the afternoon and I was unable to sleep - I had caught a very early flight from Hanoi that morning and was tired by mid- afternoon. Finally, my room was too close to the lift and people/groups waiting to use it were also very noisy.
The hotel caters to tourist groups and at breakfast the following morning I had to wait an hour or so before I could get a table. When I did so, I found the buffet breakfast a bit limited -congee and vegetables were mainly all I could see.
To be fair, the manager did offer to put me in another room at a reduced rate but enough was enough and I left after one night.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member ZurichExplorer75

The staff is very kind, especially Huong!!! They inform you about everything you want to know: trips, city, rates,.... The bar in the 11th floor is also nice; great view over Hụe Don't miss a massage.....

nice and very good value

by TripAdvisor Member BarcelonaBibi

I found this hotel through tripadvisor. Everything about it was very good: staff very friendly and helpful (and lots of staff too), very clean room, the buffet was great with a variety of food (best buffet I had during my stay in Vietnam). They also have many computers with internet access, which made it very convenient to keep organizing my trip. I didn't experience any noise at night, and the breakfast area was very quiet when I went (then again it was 6:00 am). The staff were very eager to please. I asked to be picked up from the bus station, and when the bus got to the station sooner than usual, I called them and they were there in no time (pick up for free). Also, I had made a reservation for two nights through some last minute website, and in the end I was only going to stay for one night as I was arriving there later -- even though from the terms and conditions I knew I would still be charged for two nights, I sent them an email just to inform them I would arrive a day later, and I was very pleasantly suprised as they only charged me for the one night I ended up spending there. Location was great too, as a woman travelling on my own I always felt safe.

Dragon boats lined up at city wharf in HueDragon boats lined up at city wharf in Hue

Royal roof and central entrances of Ngo MonRoyal roof and central entrances of Ngo Mon

My boatMy boat

Entrance to the pagodaEntrance to the pagoda

Which is Hue's best hotel?

by dandayan

Which hotel is considered the best in Hue?

by sarahreynold

Try the century Riverside or the Morin

by clayuk

Lots of good places to stay in Hue I will add some places for you in a couple of days

RE: RE: Which is Hue's best hotel?

by mylan

Maybe Morin is the best

by mullies

I've been looking for this answer. I've been checking reviews and both the century and the morin have received complaints. I'm looking at staying at the Pilgrim Village - outside of town but they have a shuttle.

Comments