Duy Tan

Duy Tan Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

• anoum's Profile Photo

Nice hotel but snobbish

I had to make an emergency booking for a flight to HCM and since the flight was only in the late afternoon, I needed a room for a few hours. It was raining a lot in Hue and I couldn't face the idea of going out for cultural sightseeing after struggling thru a road flooded thigh-high to get out of my earlier budget hotel. Duy Tan Hotel was just next to the tourist bureau where I was stuck at and the road in front of it was dry. Most appealing to me.

I paid US$15 for day use from 9am-3pm. Its daily rate per room is US$20. When checking out, I found out that internet access was NOT free. It seems hotel guests in the cheaper section of the hotel have to pay for internet access while those who stay in the higher end get free access. I deduced this after I used the computer in the lobby for higher paying guests without being questioned or asked to pay. I also noticed other guests using the computers there freely.

The receptionist on late afternoon duty was also snobbish. When I wanted to pay by credit card bec I wanted to keep my cash for HCM that evening, she asked "Don't you have money?" and suggested that I go to withdraw money at banks nearby.

Shockingly, the coffee/tea sachets provided in the room was not FOC!

Unique Quality: The room I was given was on the 2nd floor & I had to walk up. They did not bother to help me with my heavy backpack. It seemed the whole floor was empty. I was given a room with 3 single beds. It was nicely furnished with AC, TV, toiletries and coffee/tea. It also had a wall fan and I used it to dry my stuff.

When i went down to use the internet access, there was someone in the room in the lobby (with a single computer). The lady at the reception directed me to the next building. Then I found out that this hotel had two lobbies - one for lower paying guests like me and another for higher paying guests. The latter had 3 computers.

Comments