Hue Hotels

Our Members Say

• Martialsk profile photo Martialsk
  • Reviews: 31

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hong Thien 1 Hotel: Ticks all the boxes for budget travel...

Tucked away down a quiet little alleyway but well-presented, clean and managed by polite friendly staff.
Unfortunately, on arrival they didn't have the rooms we'd ordered through Agoda so they put 4 of us up in a family room containing 3 queen-sized beds and the fifth person at their sister hotel down the road. Not ideal, but the room was very spacious, spotless, well-presented and with internet connection included. Our friend wasn't put-out and seemed satisfied with his arrangement at the other place.
There was also a lift which made a nice change from previous establishments we'd stayed in!
The staff arranged decently-priced mopeds for us so that we could get out to the Imperial tombs and the Citadel.
Also, they were very good to us when Air Vietnam cancelled our flights to Hanoi because of bad weather. Reception had arranged the taxi for us but had also very kindly kept an eye on the flights news and so,when we returned from our outing to collect our luggage, they informed us that the flights were cancelled, had arranged re-bookings for us and put us up in the same room at the same price. It was all very efficiently dealt with.
I would definitely recommend the hotel in spite of the sleeping arrangements.

Swimming pool - immaculate condition but very cold!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 19, 2012

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

Binh Minh Sunrise Hotel 2: Run by some nice guys

This is a fairly decent and cheap hotel run by some nice guys near where my bus dropped me off at the Sinh Cafe and close to the other hotels, restaurants and bars. I got shown three different rooms when I arrived - a double room with no window for $8, a double room with window and balcony for $10 and a triple room for $12 (as of Jan 2009). I took the room for $10 which had a double bed, bedside table, fridge, wardrobe/desk, small TV, chair, and an OK bathroom. They serve a breakfast in the morning, if you so wish and expect a heavy sales push on tours.

• Written May 9, 2010
Tip Photo

• janet-will profile photo janet-will
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Worth to stay - Amigo hotel!

Just leave Hue for Saigon...I really had a good stay in Hue with Amigo Hotel at $16/night. The rooms there are very clean with all necessary things. Another good thing with this hotel is the restaurant Bamboo, the pancake is really great! Staffs are very friendly and helpful. I was more than expected with what I had paid for.

• Written January 1, 2009

• frankie_tubiera profile photo frankie_tubiera
  • Reviews: 9

Tranly Hotel: Suitable Accommodation for Budget Travelers

Tranly Hotel is actually too small to be considered a hotel. I would rate it as a guest house. The price of US $ 22 is reasonable and good value for money. The location is convenient for tourists.

Strongly recommended for budget travelers.

Convenient location - just a few steps away from restaurants, travel agents, and souvenir shops.

• Written July 3, 2008

• kenningst profile photo kenningst
  • Reviews: 529

Phuoc An - Dmz Hotel: Phuoc An - Dmz Hotel

Upon arriving from Hanoi to Hue, we were immediately being horded by locals trying to sell hotel rooms and tour. I ignored them all started walking towards Pham Ngu Lao street. There are basically 2 areas where there are concentration of accomodations. 1 is where the Sinh Cafe is situated and another is Pham Ngu Lao around which is about 10 minute walk from Pham Ngu Lao. We found this hotel which cost us USD10 for Air-con, 2 single bed, TV, Ensuite toilet and bath room. We totally enjoyed it. Their room is also very spacious.

• Written April 7, 2008
Tip Photo

• shintarojon profile photo shintarojon
  • Reviews: 859

Dormitory Guest House: 3-dollar dormitory/twin-bed

(last date visited - July 9 - 12, 2006)

Dormitory Guest House

• Written March 24, 2007

• SengQuee profile photo SengQuee
  • Reviews: 125

Binh Minh: Sunrise 2

The norms: hotwater, air-condition, minibar (but no elevator). It was quite alright considering we paid $15 for the room (1 double-bed + 1 single-bed).

Water pressure was kinda slow (our room was at the 3rd floor).

• Related to: Historical Travel, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written January 4, 2007

Binh Minh 2

• goldcoaster profile photo goldcoaster
  • Reviews: 57

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Binh Minh Two: When you're on a good thing...

The Binh Minh is a bit of an institution in Hue so when it gets so busy it is always full what do you do? Open another one just around the corner and call it Binh Minh Two.

The staff were very friendly and made sure we were well looked after. We weren't on the cheap like others so paid a bit more but got a really nice room but with no balcony. However, the bathroom was spotless.

It is well located near to banks, restaurants and the river. The cyclo riders that frequent the front of the hotel are polite (for a change) and they offer a great laundry service on the cheap. Right out front is a very good store with the basic essentials of travelling: M&Ms, Coke and Oreos.

• Related to: Trains, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written September 13, 2004

• Blatherwick profile photo Blatherwick
  • Reviews: 1168

Thanh Thuy's Guest House: Hue's Backpacker Area

Good quality hotel for around $10 US. There are numerous other places to stay in this alley as well if they are full.

- air con
- hot showers
- balcony

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written August 10, 2004

Le Loi Alley

• heywinks profile photo heywinks
  • Reviews: 309

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Vong Canh Hotel: THIEVES!!!!!!

DO NOT STAY AT VONG CANH HOTEL!!! They will steal from you. The hotel itself is musty but in a good location & cheap ($5/night for a double) but the staff steal. I gave them my laundry to wash & didn`t get all of it back. When I approached the supervisor I was only going to say that some of my laundry was missing when it was given back to me & could he please go to the laundry room to check if maybe it was there. His first response to me was "They (the laundry staff) are poor & they steal your shorts. Forget about it. You are rich." I didn`t think that the staff would steal but apparently this was not the first time they have & the supervisor does not condone this behavior but accepts it. Who knows if they go into guest rooms too?
Don`t stay here unless you want your belongings stolen
BTW, if you get an open bus ticket from TM Brothers, they will drop you off at this hotel when you arrive in Hue. Be forewarned.

• Written December 21, 2003

• SirRichard profile photo SirRichard
  • Reviews: 3639

Dong Loi Hotel

Nothing really special, I chose this Hotel because the private minibus that took me here from Hoi An dropped me there. I went up to have a look at the room while the bus waited, saw it clean though basic and agreed in the 5 USD for the single with fan.

It is located in the north part of the modern side of the city, by the southern bank of the river, in a rather backpacking tourists area, with many cheap restaurants around.

• Related to: Budget Travel