130 Minh Mang Road, Hue, Vietnam

Booking.com Hotels.com Asiatravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Awesome

This is the most beautiful hotel we stayed in.
    A bit out of town but don't let that stop you, there are shuttles all the time.
    Stunningly seems to cut into the jungle, cabins with wonderful rooms and huge big beds.
    So peaceful.
    I know in Australia I could never afford to stay in a hotel that is that beautiful. In Vietnam it is affordable.

Unique Quality: A very nice pool to relax in when the days are hot.
    Huge rooms with equally big bathrooms and beds.
    Beautiful bar, service is fantastic (as it is most places in Vietnam).
    Make sure you say hello to Ben the Piano player.
    There is a restaurant there that had a great selection of food. Internet, tours cannot say enough good things about this wonderful hotel.

• hientonkin's Profile Photo

Looking for lost time

Really, I fell in love with Pilgrimate once I arrived. A location which is good for visiting tombs but 6.5km far from centre ( try to count it on taxi meter ).
    But the stay was wonderful. I dont think I want to get out of the room & going on a tour in such a hot weather in Sept in Hue. And that was the moment I looked all over the room, found out its charming. It was " the ultimate escape for relaxation & serenity ".
    Definetely will come back there soon , very soon.

• Beautiful hotel

The Pilgramage Village Hotel is a beautiful and luxurious 4 1/2 star boutique hotel situated 10km away from the Hue City Centre. It has its own pottery and wood carving shop.

Unique Quality: Beautiful surroundings. Spacious and beautifully designed rooms. Very clean and very good service. It has a great restuarant.

Directions: 10 km from the city centre

More about Pilgrimage Village

A wonderful place

by TripAdvisor Member Sarah96

We stayed at Pilgrimage Village in 24 January and found this one an excellent oasis, natural environment added cultural structures that symbolized culture and people here. Do not hesitate to stay some days for relax at this beautiful resort.

Potentially nice place in the future

by TripAdvisor Member KatjaK

We escaped the traffic and noise of Hanoi to Pilgrimage Village in Hue. At least we thought so. The place is still under construction and this causes a lot of noise and the staff is very friendly but hoplessly inexperienced (some of them didn't even speak English). There was also an extremely noisy karaoke outside and we were listening to it until 12 in the night. Not so nice. The setting in itself is quite beautiful, rooms are large and our bathroom was huge. Rooms are decorated in ok way but there are some essential things missing. In the balconies there should be more plants or some sort of walls to prevent everybody from seeing there. A trash can in the room would be nice. Hopefully in the future there will be more plants on the new swimmingpool side since now it looks pretty empty and cold. Food in the restaurant is expensive and not that nice. Large package tour groups come and go to this hotel and it is far away from the centre of Hue. The location would be ok if it really was quiet and lush green place. Unfortunately it isn't. Next time we will stay at the new La Residence Hotel in the city centre.

Needs improvement

by TripAdvisor Member BELLIFONTAINE

We are just back from Vietnam after an 18 days individual tour.
Initially we asked our travel agent to book us at the Pilgrimage Village for 1 night because we thought it could be a nice boutique resort.

Unfortunaly I was disappointed for the following reasons :

- when we checked in after a 14 hours night train, at 9am, we just wanted to shower and get into the pool villa we booked (having arranged twith our travel agent and this hotel for an early arrival check in). It seemed to be a problem for them without any clear reason but when I started complaining then the receptionist manager smiled at us and took us to our villa ; it was really disappointing for us to argue for that especially after a long trip ;
- also our 1st breakfast was included and paid to our travel agent, they insist to bill it to us bringing the invoice on the table which of course I did not signed !
- in fact the staff seems disorganized at all time, especially at the reception where the female employees never smiled !
Like I've read in orther reviews also the staff barely speak english making it difficult to communicate with travellers and tourists but it was the case also in other resorts in Vietnam.
- our pool villa was nice with original architecture and furnitures, bathroom huge, nice balcony, which were the only positive points so far.
- the gardens are packed with on one side 2/3 floors villas and standard rooms, and individual villas on the other side and there is construction going on so it wasn't really peaceful. I believe it is really bad to have built so much in this property, also the resort has lots of tourists groups which can be noisy at times.
At least, this is more a 3 star than a 4 star resort and overall overpriced.
If we come back in this area, I don't think we'll stay at the Pilgrimage again.

Beautiful grounds

by TripAdvisor Member KiaOra1

I traveled with a group and although we only stayed one night, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The grounds are lovely and the facilities are very good. The room and bathroom were clean and of very good size. The breakfast was quite good.

beautiful setting - but disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member familygirlUK

We travelled to vietnam with our 3 children and this was the second of 3 hotels that we stayed at. It was the most disappointing. On the surface, it was lovely, beautiful rooms, pool and grounds - but the place was full of tour groups passing through and despite there seemingly being hundreds of staff - none of them knew what to do. For somewhere that on the surface seems tranquility itself, the rooms were noisy (the pool room was right opposite our rooms and there was a good deal of noise from the builders and local life right outside the complex). On balance we wished we had plumped for a hotel right in the centre of Hue - this one had none of the plus points of being out of town and all of the negative - with no atmosphere to boot.

Nice rooms, but better to stay in town

by TripAdvisor Member Connectican

The place was still very much under construction when we were there, which was a disappointment. But, the inside of our room was nice. We also had good experiences eating at the restaurant, including the free breakfast buffet. In the end, though, we would have preferred to stay in town. The shuttle is inconvenient, and the trade-off of the inconvenience of being isolated outside town just wasn't worth it. For me, the resort wasn't so great as to warrant that trade-off. The staff did arrange a nice tour for us, although they didn't advise us correctly on timing. We should have actually started ASAP since sites closed around 5, but instead the concierge encouraged us to have a leisurely lunch and relax before heading out. Although our guide was Wonderful, the hotel's advice on timing created a rushed afternoon.

Absolute Tranquility

by TripAdvisor Member sunbird2

Travelling as a family this was our little splurge in Vietnam. I booked this hotel ahead of time and then started reading the reviews on this website with some tripidation.

The resort is absolutely gorgeous, and the fact that it is away from all the action and in a village adds to the appeal after spending time in busy cities. The shuttle service worked well for us since we were so happy with the resort that we only wanted to go out for short periods. For anybody not interested in the shuttle, taxis were cheap at only about 40,000 dong into town.

We booked the cheapest option room and it was enormous, the bathroom alone was the size of a double bedroom. We were able to accommodate a family of 4 in our room with 1 extra bed and still there was a sitting area for watching tv.

Not all the staff speak English but we found that the hotel specifically employed university trained English speakers to help with those staff who had no English. These staff were so excited to be practicing their English with anybody who could be bothered to sit and chat with them and they were so lovely.

There is some building work going on at the far end of the complex and we were told that this was to house staff. We stayed in low season and were placed well away from this, it did not seem to be too noisy.

Pligramage Hotel

by kit1

Has anyone stayed at Pligramage Hotel? Would love to hear your comments and views. Thanks

RE: Pligramage Hotel

by hientonkin

Pilgrimate village is located in a quiet area, stay and relax. It's one kind of traditional architecture in Hue.
very nice stay , very peaceful !
Hien

by kit1

Thanks Hien, I had a wonderful stay at Pilgramage Village Hotel : ).

by allsgood

Hi, We are travelling to Vietnam in June and staying 2 nights at the Pilgrimage village Hue. Can you tell me about tours to do from the village? Are they expensive making bookings form the hotel? Good to hear that you had a great time, and look forward to your reply . Russell

RE: Pligramage Hotel

by bext

Yes, I've stayed there and it was by far one of the most beautiful hotels I've visited in all my stays throughout Asia. I love how it is isolated. The rooms were so luxurious and so beautifully set out, I didn't want to ruin the bedspread.
There was a lot of work being done outside, and the hotel were kind enough to leave us a note to inform us of this.
There were intricate details such as flowers being strategically placed on towels and the beds to give it a more welcoming, tropical and stylish feel. I felt spoilt.
I loved the marble floors and in particular the bathroom was much larger than I anticipated.
The pool was absolutely beautiful, well maintained and staff were very pleasant.
I would love to revisit the hotel for my honeymoon and have highly recommended it to my friends. The best place for anyone who wants privacy in luxury.

by kit1

Hi Thanks for your reply. I had a great stay at the pilgramage hotel. The rooms are wonderful and very well decorated.

Comments