Song Huong Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Hue

A Vietnamese syncretic religion out from the DeltaA Vietnamese syncretic religion out from the Delta

Looking to the other Mandarin hallLooking to the other Mandarin hall

Dakrong BridgeDakrong Bridge

I FIND THESE ITEMS ESSENTIALSI FIND THESE ITEMS ESSENTIALS

Night cruise on Perfume River

by JohanIsWeg

Hi, for budgeting purposes, can anyone assist with the price of a night cruise on the Perfume River, Hue?. I presume there would be cruises with dinner included?
Thanks

by anoum

There are many dragon boats moored along the bridge and you can bargain with them if you go in the evening. We got one for just US$8 when we were in Hue on 4 Dec 2007 and we were the only passengers. No cultural show though.

by JohanIsWeg

Thanks.

by anoum

Sorry, I forgot to say no dinner on boat either. Just plain boating in the dark.

by Lonika

It's very interesting about night cruises. I've never heard about it. If there are some cruises with national shows and dinner? Hoi An is really beautiful at night - if there are some lights? And what about moscitous? I suppose at night on the river must be moscitos.

by Lonika

by anoum

You can get night boat cruises booking from guesthouses and hotels. I saw one for US$4 per person (Nov 2007). Has entertainment. I think there is just some singing. I am sure there will be some with dinner. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

If you look at my earlier reply, I mentioned that my friends and I managed to get a whole boat for just US$8 but with no entertainment or dinner.

Travel Tips for Hue

Socialism Vietnamese style

by aramat

Coming from Hungary, I found the socialist posters funny: similar to the ones we used to have, but with an oriental flavour. I did not experience any problem because of the political system however: travelling in Vietnam was not any different from travelling in e.g. Thailand.

Prayer altars

by anoum

Our trishaws took us on a tour in the old part of Hue where the locals actually live in and many homes there erect small altars on pillars to worship deities. This is similar to what is seen in Thailand although the articles used are very different, some displaying horses and some even had bamboo chicks closing the front when not offering prayers.

FRENCH BUNKER ALONG THE BUFFALO RIVER

by mtncorg

On a recent trip to Vietnam, I had the pleasure of having the company of several American veterans of the American Intervention into Vietnam. They had come along as part of a health clinic team both to help out with the clinics and to revisit places of their past. Seeing Vietnam through their eyes brought about a different and unique perspective. The veterans had varied experiences during their times in Vietnam, to say the least. Some saw no combat at all during their year here while others …. A couple of the veterans were American advisors to South Vietnamese military units - one remembered his ARVN cavalry unit suffering a casualty rate of some 150% during the time he served with it. Another gentleman served as an advisor to a local militia unit whose responsibility was to guard a train bridge across the Buffalo River just north from Hue. Our van driver was able to find the bridge after some time - there are only so many bridges when there is just one rail line. Then, we took off on foot to cross the bridge to look for the bunker - originally built by the French - where he had spent his time with the locals. Dubious at first, with our help, we found the old bunker now hidden away in the forest above the river. On our return, we shook hands with the present bridge guardians who ran back into their guard house when they realized we wanted to take pictures so they could grab their hats.

Scooters in Hue

by DSwede

Typical rentals are $8~10 to start. License will not be checked or required, typically just show your passport. Helmets are given and recommended, but you will not incur any problems if you do not wear them. Hue is not a large city and in my opinion is easy to navigate. The hotel or wherever you book your scooter can give you a map.

I've ridden with 3 grown westerners on scooter in Quang Ngai and its not easy... its comical, but not easy or very safe. Stick to two people.

Mr. Cu is honest!

by Mr.Sparkle about Mandarin Cafe

The Mandarin Café is a tiny place that’s ok for a quick bite or beer in the evening. You’ll certainly be excused if you give the food a pass look at the café’s real attraction, Mr. Cu’s stunning photographs of Hue. Each frame is marvelously crafted to perfection. Best yet, why not buy some of his superb artistry in the form of postcards, cause they’re certainly original.

You can also organize tours through the café. I’m not a big fan of tour groups but I relented and went because of the weather. Through no fault of the café, the tour went off bad. I ended up leaving before the tour was over cause I was so pissed off. I got a refund, which was amazing and on top of that Mr. Cu felt so bad that he charted a private boat for me free of charge. I refused endlessly but he kept insisting. He is an honest man that runs an honest business, kind of rare of Vietnam.

In short, you can believe that Mr. Cu guaranties your satisfaction and is a trustworthy man to book your tours with.

Comments