Australia Hotels

Our Members Say

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 4573

Ibis Little Bourke St: A GOOD SLEEP IN MELBOURNE

I have not always had good experiences with the Accor Hotel Group, but I can highly recommend this hotel. It is a well located, quiet, well appointed hotel with the most fantastic staff. Any problems I had – they solved instantly. And requests or questions were answered in a cheerful and helpful manner. I stayed here twice in 2 different rooms. The beds were very good, the closet space was adequate and the mini-bar was very cold. The bathrooms are small, but efficient. Good showers, a bathtub and very good toiletries. They also have very good mirror and lighting for shaving. The towels are good as well.

The hotel is located in the north-east corner of the centre of Melbourne. Just 2 blocks away is a free tram service that can take you back and forth across the city. The hotel is reasonably priced and often fully booked – so reserve early. I really enjoyed my relaxing stay here and am very happy to recommend this hotel.

OVERVIEW:
• 121 non-smoking rooms on a quiet side street very close to Southern Cross Station
• Located a short walk from the massive Queen Victoria Market
• Computer station (free) in the lobby for printing boarding passes
• Wi-Fi (surcharge),Babysitting/childcare (surcharge), Concierge services, bag storage
• Dry cleaning/laundry service, Laundry facilities

ROOMS:
• Air-conditioning, an LCD flat-screen TV, an iron and ironing board
• Wired and wireless Internet access, a mini fridge, coffee and tea making facilities
• Modern ensuite bathrooms with bathtub and hairdryer
• Room types: Standard (1 Double Bed or 2 singles), Standard Queen, Superior King
• Work desk in all rooms, telephone, alarm clock
• Wi-Fi (charges apply)
• Accessible: Bathroom, path of travel, parking, in-room accessibility, Roll-in shower
• Pets allowed

FOOD & DRINK:
• Café 600 buffet breakfast and ‘GRAB IT & GO snacks 24 hours a day
• Lobby bar
• Breakfast is chargeable, but there are dozens of alternatives very close by

LEISURE FACILITIES:
• Fitness centre

BUSINESS FACILITIES:
• Three modern meeting rooms (two can be combined) up to 70 delegates
• Function rooms can be arranged: banquet, theatre, boardroom, classroom and U-shape

• Related to: Women's Travel, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written July 25, 2015

Hotel - Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 11305

AROUND AUSTRALIA: FREE CAMPING

Free camping is allowed in many wonderful places around Australia. Some-times, the free camp is on a Highway pull-off, rather noisy because of Semi-trailers using the road during the night. This isn't for me, but evidently, noise doesn't bother everyone!

I find the Camps Australia a good guide book for free camping sites. All these sites in the book have been checked out. In the book , there are logo's for what is found at each free camp, this is very helpful information.
The book also lists cheap caravan parks, although we found some of these recommendations should not be in the book.

FREE CAMPS mean you usually have to be self-sufficient, as there is often NO TOILET, SHOWERS, POWER OR ANY OTHER AMENITIES.

Mostly, there is a Toilet block, rubbish bins, some-times bbqs and picnic tables. We have a shower tent we take with us, a good investment!

Always check that your allowed to stay where you have chosen, and if it is day or night only, and the time limit, which can vary from 24hours to days.

ALWAYS LEAVE THE CAMPSITE CLEAN AND TIDY so the free camps will not be abolished.

States vary, so be aware of this too! Usually you can't free camp in a town car park, you will be asked to move on and may be fined.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Camping, Backpacking
  • Written March 6, 2015

• globetrott profile photo globetrott
  • Reviews: 9183

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Another a free campingsite: in Wallabadah

This place for legal free overnights in a motorhome or tent is another good example for what you will find along the roads of Australia:: In Wallabadah (south of Tamworth/ NSW) I found my favorite of all the free campingsites that I have used in Australia: Next to the park where you find the monument for the 1st settlers you will find a large area, where camping is free over night and so I stayed there in my motorhome togeather with about 20 other campers.

These places are ment for a short stay and I certainly made the mistake to drive around untill late at night after I have found this place that was almost empty in the afternoon. When I came back in the later night it was really hard to get a free place there at all !

Toilets and washing-facilities are available there, there is a small river next to the campingsite, some sitting-areas with tables and benches and cooking-facilities like you will find them on many picknick-places in Australia. For children you will also find a playground !

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written December 5, 2014

• globetrott profile photo globetrott
  • Reviews: 9183

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"wild camping" in a motorhome: in Australia

"wild camping" in a motorhome is certainly the best way to save some Money, when you travel overland in Australia !
In general it is forbidden to sleep in your car OUTside of campingsites, except in some places along the mainroads that have a sign " Rest & revive " . Unfortunately these places are mostly not really "romantic" and some of them are quite spooky as well, BUT I was always lucky and spent my nights sometimes even inside of a village on an ordinary parkinglot, without any problems at all !

This "Rest & revive" - place in Stroud is an excellent example for a great place to spend the night in a camper and it is equipped with a public toilet and a place for a picknick.
I parked my car there - it actually had a bed inside as well and spent the night there totally unharmed by anyone and even the mossies gave me a brake.

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written December 5, 2014
Tip Photo

• yobewild profile photo yobewild
  • Reviews: 6

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Longitude 131: “Charm in the Out Doors”

If you want an experience of a life time then Longitude 131 is for you. Only 30 guests are able to stay at one time at this wonderful location. Your views of Ayers Rock are so spectacular you will not believe it with the most beautiful sun rise and sunsets. This is an all exclusive hotel, the rooms are tents not like your have ever stayed in. Fully air-condition with amenities of a well stock bar and bathrooms at will make your heart stop. The windows have shades that give you the privacy you want, however you will want to enjoy the view of Ayers Rock all the time. You even get a chance to dine under the stars if you want to. You will want at least two night stay to take in all the sights. Free tours to Ayers Rock are included and other tours are available if you want to take the time to do so. They have an open bar in the main lodge with some to the finest wines from Australia and around the world.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Hiking and Walking, National/State Park
  • Written March 26, 2013

• marissagattis profile photo marissagattis
  • Reviews: 1

Sheraton: Sydney Hotel

We were glad we chose the Sheraton in Sydney. We were able to walk to the Harbor areas and it was right next to Chinatown for those interested. They had a full buffet breakfast and the room was nice. The front desk was friendly and helpful. May not be the best hotel in Sydney but if you are looking for something more reasonably priced and able/willing to walk, this is a good choice.

Large breakfast buffet, indoor pool

• Related to: Work Abroad, Budget Travel, Zoo
  • Written September 10, 2012

Hilton Sydney Hotel: Sydney ~ Good CBD Location

Returning directly from Uluru, we spent the last 2 nights of our stay back in Sydney before flying home. Rather than return to the Shangri La, I wanted to try a different hotel in a different part of Sydney. I chose the Hilton Sydney Hotel which is located in the Central Business District (CBD).

It's quite obvious that the Hilton is a popular businessman's hotel. During our stay, the lobby always bustled with men and women dressed in business attire. However, not all were hotel guests but people patronizing the coffee shop or just people having business meetings in the lobby. Perhaps because of this rushed atmosphere, the front desk staff was not exactly welcoming and instead were very matter of fact.

I booked a room with king bed, and paid an extra $22 per night to have breakfast included in the price. [This proved to be a good move because, as previously mentioned, food is expensive. The regular price of the full Australian buffet breakfast at the Hilton's "Glass Restaurant" was normally $42 pp; however, by having prepaid for the breakfast our cost amounted to only $11pp per day.]

Our room, which was located on the 24th floor, was ultra modern which is not my taste but I'm sure a lot of people would like it. There was a desk, chaise lounge for seating, coffee/tea making facilities, honor bar, and our choice of newspapers were delivered each morning. The bathroom was ultra modern as well though small, and came with a TV in the shower.

Our room had a view of the skyline of Sydney and with the surrounding buildings lit up at night it was quite nice.

For your dining pleasure, the Hilton has the very nice "Glass Breakfast/Glass Brasserie" Restaurant on the second level. But even more special are the Hilton's two bars: Zeta Bar and the historic Marble Bar. The bars are totally different from each other in style and ambiance and both worth a visit for drinks or a nightcap. Close to the lobby front door is the Caffe Cino which is extremely popular in the morning.

This large hotel has almost 600 rooms, conference space, a ballroom, spa which includes a pool and sauna, and beauty salon.

The Hilton Sydney Hotel is certainly head and shoulders above many hotels, but perhaps because it was so large and a businessman's hotel, it felt somewhat impersonal. I was concerned that upon check-out they would not furnish me with a zero balance statement.

The Glass Breakfast Restaurant was a nice place for breakfast as far as the cuisine offered, but it too was somewhat impersonal and the staff could have been more friendly and attentive.

Modern Room with King Bed

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Yulara ~ Emu Walk Apartments by Voyages: Yulara ~ Close to Uluru, Spacious & Comfortable

If you wish to stay as close as possible to Uluru, it is most likely you will be staying at one of the several types of accommodations offered by Voyages Ayers Rock Resort in Yulara.

We chose to book 4 nights, including breakfast, at the Emu Walk Apartments for a number of reasons including location, amenities, and price. Our Apartment #314, on the second floor, was a spacious 1-bedroom apartment with separate living, dining and kitchen areas. The cozy, colorful bedroom held a queen-size bed, built-in closets and featured a nice window. The bathroom was good size and came with a good supply of towels and toiletries.

The living room was comfortable and proved to be a comfortable place to watch the beginning days of the 2012 London Olympic games on the flat-screen TV. The sliding glass door lead to our covered balcony at the rear of the apartment where we had a nice view of the natural vegetation & wildlife, and where we enjoyed reading and relaxing in the glorious afternoon sun.

The dining area would easily accommodate 6 people although there were only 2 of us. Having a kitchen gave us the option to fix meals as we chose. They provided major appliances, dishes, utensils, pots and pans as well as coffeemaker and toaster filled every need. My only wishes for the kitchen would have been for better lighting and a more inviting & cheery decor.

Although a buffet breakfast at the White Gums Restaurant was included in the price of our accommodations, we used the kitchen to prepare snacks, lunch and dinner. Groceries could be purchased at the nearby supermarket, and I also brought a few packaged food items with me. The only problem we had with the kitchen was, unfortunately, the ants!!

The apartments were serviced daily which actually means that clean towels and toiletries were provided, a small container of milk and sugar, and instant coffee & tea supplies were replenished, and garbage was removed. Since we didn't expect this service, this was an extra benefit!!

For summer stays, there was a large pool situated in a lovely area of the complex. But the best benefits of staying at any of the Voyager Ayers Rock Resorts complexes were the ease of booking activities involving Uluru and Kata Tjuta; that each and every plane that lands at the Connellen Airport is met by a free shuttle bus transferring you to the resort and the bus is also free to return you to the airport when you fly out. The resort also has a few free activities for its guests which are fun and interesting.

Check the website to obtain current pricing which is determined by the time of year you desire to stay there.

Our #314 Emu Walk Apartment was just extremely comfortable and a great place to come back to after our daily excursions. It felt like a home -- I felt as though I could have lived there. With a couple of shops, restaurants, post office and supermarket right nearby, there was a lot of convenience staying at Emu Walk Apartments versus some of the other accommodation complexes at the Voyages Ayers Rock Resort.

Tip Photo

Cosy, comfortable and colorful bedroom

Cairns ~ Rydges Plaza Hotel: Cairns, Queensland ~ Great Location - Affordable

I seriously considered staying at a hostel while in Cairns to lower our accommodation costs while in Australia. Cairns has a plethora of hostels to accommodate a large contingent of young travelers who are traveling in Australia and make Cairns a long-term stopover-- often these young people are on a student work visa and hostels offer attractive prices and most seem to give vouchers for free dinners at an off-site restaurant/grill/bar.

In the end, I decided that having a private bathroom, air-conditioning, and quiet time and TV at night was worth the extra money, so I opted to book a modestly priced hotel instead. I found the Rydges Plaza Hotel through an online booking site which gave a good discount for non-refundable and/or "early bird" bookings. As the location of the Rydges Plaza Hotel was also roughly half way between the train station and the Esplanade, we thought it was just the ticket. So I booked and pre-paid for a room for 4 nights ---breakfast was not included.

The hotel has definitely seen better days. When we arrived, I asked for a room away from the street because reviews of the hotel had said that the club/youth hostel across the street was noisy at night. While there I heard another guest who was not so lucky complain of the noise. Our room was more than adequate, if not in need of a good update and new carpet. We had 2 queen beds, a small fridge, coffee/tea making facilities, plenty of clothes storage space, desk, large screen TV, air-con and a narrow balcony. I found my bed was really comfortable and I slept well. The bathroom was a decent size, but also needed an update. The shower was a little tricky when it came to getting the perfect water temperature and pressure. Clean towels were provided daily as well as soap, shampoo and conditioner as needed. The Lilo Bar & Restaurant was located on a lower level but we did not use it, or for that matter even take a look at it although I'm not sure why. Nor did not we use the pool or gym.

The front desk staff was very, very helpful in booking day trips for us, the cost of which was applied to our hotel bill. These we paid for in cash at check-out time. In the 60's inspired lobby, there were 2 computers for guests' use and internet time can be purchased. Underground parking can also be purchased.

The final price for 4 nights, including the pre-paid, early bird discount and taxes, came to $446.24. This was more than I wished to pay for this quality of hotel, but it was affordable.

Every cloud has its silver lining, so please see the Rydges Plaza's silver lining below!!

The Rydges Plaza bills itself as a 4-star hotel which it definitely isn't. The hotel needs work as did our particular room. The sliding door to the balcony could not be locked.

The guest laundry had its problems. Of the two dryers in the guest laundry, one did not work and we were forced to go all the way down to the lobby to get our money back.

The housekeeping was merely adequate (some days worse) although it got better our last day there!

The Silver Lining ~ All that being said, when I stepped out onto our 8th floor balcony, to the right I could see palm trees and the Coral Sea!!!! Not only that, but in the other direction, you could see mountains from the Great Dividing Range!! The evening views of Cairns, with its twinkling lights and warm, tropical breeze was not only delightful but very memorable!!

All in all, this was not a bad place at all and I would stay here again.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

Rydges Plaza - Very Comfortable Beds

Sydney ~ The Shangri La: Subdued Elegance & Excellent Service

There are just some cities in the world where staying at a wonderful hotel plays such a major part of travel that the cost is secondary to the experience. In my opinion, Venice and New Orleans are but two of those cities and now I would also add Sydney to that list.

Through good luck, I found a booking site that offered an excellent price for the 5-star Shangri La Hotel located in The Rocks near Sydney's Harbor. The Shangri La's gleaming glasstower may share the skyline with other buildings nearby, but the similarity ends there. The subdued elegance of the lobby was inviting to be sure, but our room exceeded all my expectations for comfort after our extremely long flight.

The king-sized bed was wrapped in crisp white linens and a fluffy duvet. Colors of beige, gold, brown and gray on the walls and an excellent carpet in addition to the lovely furnishings provided a real haven of comfort. A small refrigerator and coffee & tea making facilities were very much appreciated.

As if the sleeping area wasn't wonderful enough, the marble bathroom with both shower and tub were elegance personified. All good quality toiletries you could wish for were provided along with large, fluffy towels and even in room sound system.

The Shangri La also offers several inviting venues for a meal or just drinks. All sleek and elegant, Altitudes Restaurant, Cafe Mix, Blue Bar on 36, and the Lobby Lounge are all top-notch. Unfortunately we didn't have a chance to try each and every one of these, but reviews give them all high marks. There is also a spa as well as small gift shop carrying products and souvenirs from Australia.

Transportation can be arranged for pick-up and drop-off at the airport if needed, but the cost is perhaps more than a regular taxi. If you are not overburdened by luggage, train & bus transportation is only a few blocks away at Circular Quay.

Although I've stayed at even more luxurious hotels, I'm not sure any of them could match the outstanding service provided at the Shangri La. From the moment we stepped inside til the morning we left 4 days later, the staff was superb in every respect. The bellman, the concierge, and the desk staff were friendly, efficient and so differential that they treated us like royalty!! Our every wish was their desire.

While at the Shangri La, there was an official foreign delegation staying at the hotel -- I believe this also speaks volumes for the Shangri La.

• Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written August 27, 2012
Tip Photo

Quiet and comfortable sleeping area

• Arial_27 profile photo Arial_27
  • Reviews: 318

Backpack City and Surf: A hot Perth hostel

This hostel is located in Northbridge, so fairly close to a lot of bars and pubs. Grocery store Coles, and a McDonalds are very closeby, as well as lots of parks.
This is just a standard place, decently clean, most dorms have 4 beds from what I've seen. Plenty of brochures and tourist info. There is also a quiet policy that starts around 10 or 11, so its a good place to stay if you want to get some sleep.
The only thing that will make me never want to come back here was the fact that there was no air conditioning. I was there in February, which is still summer in Australia and some nights were too hot to fall asleep. I couldn't even comfortably hang out in the room during the day, since I knew I'd be sweating buckets. Even during the night I was boiling, so I wet some clothes with freezing cold water and draped them over myself so that I could sleep.

For that reason, I wouldn't recommend this place during the summer, but outside of that I think it would be fine. No other complaints or problems.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written February 10, 2012

• Arial_27 profile photo Arial_27
  • Reviews: 318

1201 East Backpackers: My home for 2 months in Perth

1201 was my home for the couple months I was in Perth. It also became my 'home base' in Australia; the staff let me leave some luggage there while I went backpacking for a couple months, I went back here several times and I also ended up doing some part-time cleaning here for free rent. (An option that is available at a lot of backpacker hostels.)

I've stayed at a few different Perth hostels and visited several - this is probably one of the most decent places to crash in the city in my opinion; comfy rooms, friendly staff, free (simple breakfast) lots of living areas to hang out with friends and meet fellow travellers, and although a 15 min walk to the city centre, it is close to the Red Cat route, which is a free bus that gets you there in 5 mins. There are female dorms, mixed dorms and privates. The size and the atmosphere made it a very comfortable, homey place where you could enjoy the time with friends and meeting other people.

Its licenced, so they're strict about not bringing alcohol back and they have a guest policy where anyone not staying there needs to sign in. This is in the best interest of everyone staying here though, for safety reasons. Its a good place to stay if you want a good nights sleep, as they have a no noise rule after 10 or 11pm. If you are more interested in the nightlife, its probably not the best place to stay as its far from the city centre where the clubs are, and the no noise rule. Its perfect however, if you're a backpacker who is hoping to find work in Perth.
Rates at this place vary on season, so check their website. Compared to what else is in Perth, this is a very good place to stay.

My only complaint would be about the cleaning lady who works here, or at least did while I was there. She was Eastern European with a heavy accent, and used to yell at guests and treat us like children at a bootcamp. I'm convinced that there was something wrong with her. She would tell us it was time for us to go to bed (sternly, like a parent I might add) if we were up late, would yell at anyone she couldn't recognize who usually ended up being paying guests. She would very rudely wake up up on weekend mornings and kick you out of the room because it was 'cleaning time' which meant that anything you didn't put on top of your bed would be thrown in the garbage. This includes any medication guests have with them, bus/plane tickets, ID, whatever she finds on the floor that should be on your bed during that cleaning window. There were a lot of complaints about this woman and I honestly have no idea why she was allowed to work here.

1201 had a lot of redeeming qualities despite this one lady though, and she was only there 3-4 times a week. If it weren't for her. I would give this hostel 5 stars no question. We really loved everything else about it.

***Note*****: I've recently found out that this place has shut down not too long ago. I'm keeping my tip here for memory's sake, as I plan to write a memoire later this year about my adventures in Oz.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written February 10, 2012
Tip Photo

there are a lot of rules here

• TravelingMumwith2kid profile photo TravelingMumwith2kid
  • Reviews: 1

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Medina Executive North Ryde: The 4-star rating of this complex is really pushi

During our last day of stay in December 2011, at 7am my family (husband, myself and two small children) were woken by loud banging from the adjoining apartments. After investigating, we learnt that the carpet was being replaced and some patching/repairs was being carried out on the bank of apartments in our block. We fully understand that Medina has a maintenance schedule and so we put up with the noise for the day. However, as the work was still continuing until 9pm that evening we went to the office to ask that they request the workmen to stop because I could not get our children to sleep due to the noise. This was particularly distressing as we were leaving to drive back to Melbourne the following morning and no parent wants to travel for 10 hours with sleep deprived children! Upon explaining the situation, the lady in the office said "they need to complete the work as they can't come back tomorrow" I told her that it was unacceptable that we are expected to put up with the noise and she needed to ask them to stop the work. Her response was to close the door and lock it in our face with a look of 'just stop complaining to me'. We were not abusive at all so I can't understand her reaction. As well, she made no attempt to ask the workmen to stop the work considering the late hour on our behalf.

At 11pm, I went in to the adjoining apartments and asked the workmen how long they are going to be before they are finished. They said "a couple of more hours". At that point I said that the children next door are still awake due to their banging and that this was an unacceptable time to be working in a holiday rental area. I asked them to stop the work immediately. They did not stop until 11.30pm that evening. To add insult to injury, the workmen were back at 6.30am the next morning banging again which I can only assume was a deliberate retaliation to our complaints the night before. The complex was not fully booked. There were plenty of available apartments within the complex. If the Management had given any thought to their customers comfort, they would have given us an apartment which was not within the block of apartments they were renovating. This would be a smart business move to ensure that customers return for another stay!
The children’s play area had a ½ meter high grass, no sand in the sand pit and only an old set of swings which you could not get to due to the garden being so overgrown. The courtyard in the apartment was also VERY overgrown to the point you could not go out the back yard. I would imagine that the gardens have not been maintained for well over a year. The white plastic furniture in the courtyard was mouldy and so old it had the white flaky powder when you touched it. The pool area toilet doors were locked so if you needed to go, you had to return to your apartment. A particularly difficult task when you have small children as you ALL have to get everyone out of the pool, go back to the apartment, wait for the person to go and then head back to the pool again! The BBQ area is nice and we made full use of this to cook our dinner each even. However the same issue of no available toilet in this area was a problem.
The property is very quiet considering it is backing on to the M5/M7 freeway. The kids loved the lizards roaming around the garden. The size of the apartments are large and the fact that they are all two story townhouses means the kids have some freedom to go out in the back yard (if this was possible due to them not being maintained).
I am very surprised that this facility has the Medina branding. It seemed to me that this place really doesn’t care what it looks like. There was rubbish in the garden beds that were there for the whole 8 day stay. I have stayed at other Medina venues and they have all been excellent apart from this one. The 4-star rating of this complex is really pushing it!

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written January 5, 2012

• DennyP profile photo DennyP
  • Reviews: 828

HOTEL/PUB ACCOMODATION IS ALWAYS THERE

PUBS AND HOTELS
Writing about or giving advice on accomodation can be so varied as we all have different expectations regarding this. So this tip is about Aussie Pubs and Hotels.
My travels through Aussie have been wide and varied as I love to drive in this great country. When I am by travelling by myself I will usually stay in a country or outback Pub/ Hotel if I'm not camping..
Aussie country Pubs "as we call them" vary as much as their locations do. The main thing to keep in mind when staying in a pub is during the evenings they can be noisy, obviously, because they are a pub. This can be a great advantage as this is where you will meet the locals and get great advice as to what to see and do in the area. I find that it doesn't matter what town you are in there is always "something" different to see. Some of these pubs are just so different that they are unique. I once did a trip photographing and researching many "iconic" pubs for a calendar and came across so many wonderful country and outback pubs. What I found was some wonderful pubs with amazing local stories.
The everyday country pub is usually clean, and the tariffs are cheap..The big bonus is pub food..This is , I find the greatest food to eat when on a driving roadtrip anywhere in OZ. This again you will find that mostly the food prices are on the cheap side and big on the food "helpings" size. Even when I travelled with my kids when they were small we quite often stayed at the local country or outback hotel/pub. Most pubs usually serve a good big breakfast that is included in the nights tariff.

My advice is when enquiring about accomodation! Go the bar of the Pub/Hotel..ask what is available in the way of accomodation ?, The cost of the nights tariffs?. Does it include breakfast?, ask for a room furthest from the bar areas so you will have the least of a problem with bar noise ...maybe music.., and ask to view the rooms. Of course the ability of entry to the pub after hours !!.
I just love Aussie country pubs and their great food.Along with the friendly locals to chat with.. I think you will also..

• Related to: Family Travel, Food and Dining, Beer Tasting
  • Written December 21, 2011
Tip Photo

THE ICONIC "PURPLE PUB IN NORMANTON FAR NTH.QLD.

• brunei77 profile photo brunei77
  • Reviews: 4

backpackers brisbane: backpackers brisbane

The rooms have no windows and like sound proof , the hallways are like dark with it's dim lights. It's good for a rest but not for lounging around. It's very clean being almost new.

the place is like state of the art..almost new and very hygienic as the baths are built with stainless and black solid rubberized installations , so it's like no corners for molds etc.

• Related to: Backpacking