Mediterranean All Suites Hotel

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

Management response to UKtraveller08

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 5, 2008

I would just like to clarify that you did not hand your keys to a staff member.
You actually deposited your keys in the box marked
“LATE CHECK-OUT KEY DROP BOX RECEPTION HOURS 7AM TO 11PM”
As to the accusation that I, the manager abused you I am stunned.
I was the person that listened to your concerns and tried my best to make you happy.
I was the person that bought you flowers when I heard of the loss of your sister, I was the one who gave you free accommodation, who organized your complimentary late check-out and the Airport shuttle bus.
I have always been professional and have never abused anyone.
I am sorry you lost your sister and understand you did not enjoy your stay, but your accusations are unfair.
P.S. I think the security guard was trying to be friendly.

stedeb's Profile Photo

Darwin apartments

by written on February 27, 2008

Try to avoid this accomodation if you can. I stayed here for 6 weeks Nov/Dec 07 for work. The hotel was full to capacity mostly workers from interstate like myself. However that is no excuse for the dirtiness of the rooms I had to request on 3 seperate occasions that my room be cleaned, they advertise a full service every 4 days which includes full bed change after 6 days I made it known I was not happy. I also had to request they clean my bath which they did after 10 days!!! I swam in the pool on several occasions until I discovered cigarette butts on the bottom. I was also concerend about safety I was on my own and on 2 occasions I had strange men banging on my door looking for their mates. On several occasions security had to be called as the hotel is locked and unattended after 11pm. On one occasion there was a party in the restaurant that went on until 3am people jumping over the fence into the pool shouting etc on another occasion someone was locked out came home approx 1.30am screaming and kicking the doors swearing drunk security were called.

Unique Quality: The apartments are very spacious I had a lounge with pull out bed 2 single beds kitchen and dining area. the main bedroom had a double bed however the 1 bathroom and toilet(seperate room) are both situated in the main bedroom so if somene wants to shower everyone must clear the main bedroom. If you look at the pics the bathroom is at the opposite end to the bed.

DON'T STAY HERE!!!

by written on February 15, 2008

My advice to you is NOT to stay at this hotel unless you wanted to be verbally abused by the owner - and locked out of your room if you arrive back at the hotel after 11pm.

We were staying in Darwin as a family member was seriously ill in hospital. We needed somewhere that we could cook to save money and because at the time we didn't always know when we would be around. I totally agree about comments made by other travellers about the shabbiness of the place, but my main concerns were 2 incidents that have led me to write this review.

We were at the hospital and one night and stayed after 11pm. We had handed our keys to the reception staff before we left in the morning. When we arrived back at 11.15pm we found that we were locked out with no night bell. A phone on the side of the wall connected us to Chubb security in Melbourne (who said helpful things like 'gee it's really hot in Darwin all the time') A local security guard eventually turned up but could only let us into the hotel complex - NOT our room. We had to stay in a damp and mouldy room without any food, toiletries or clean clothes until reception opened at 7am.

On another morning I decided to go for a swim early in the morning. As I was the only one around I shut the door that led out of the hotel complex. This led to the manager verbally abusing me for about half an hour - vicious and nasty abuse. Even after I burst into tears he still continued to verbally assault me. (Please read some of the other reviews!!)

DON'T STAY HERE - REALLY DON'T STAY HERE!!!

DON'T STAY HERE!!

by written on February 15, 2008

DON'T STAY HERE - REALLY DON'T STAY HERE!!!

skatzcatz's Profile Photo

Mediterranean All Suite Hotel

by written on October 15, 2004

Have never stayed here, although visited a friend and the rooms seem nice, with a nice pool. The Restaurant was nice when i ate there years ago.

Directions: Next to Europcar

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Shuttle Service

Darwin Travel Forum

Need advice about Darwin, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Darwin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Darwin hotel reviews

Magnetic Termite Mounds
Unique Cathedral Termite Mounds
Jumping Crocs at Crocodylus Park
Things to Do
- amazing value and view of sun set
The Ghan