3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

64 Cavenagh St, (formerly Quality Hotel Mirambeena), Darwin, Top End, 0801, Australia

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Affordable accommodation in town

We stayed here upon arrival in Darwin in 2009 after travelling across the top end from Cairns after the big downunder meet at Airlie Beach.

I totally recommend this place for price, location and resort style accommodation. You can't go wrong staying here!!

• AHSIMON's Profile Photo

Not really a Resort

Staff at this hotel seem to have a very low care factor. Everything you ask for seems to be a problem - and services are delivered somewhat grudgingly. The guy in the pool bar in August 2008 would rate as one of the worst barman I have experienced.

• Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin

Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin is a reasonable mid range hotel to stay in Darwin. restaurant and bar were pleasant. tropical gardens are nice. reasonable service. Might return.

Unique Quality: Tropical gardens

• tiabunna's Profile Photo

Travelodge ‘Mirambeena Resort’

We had two comfortable stays in the ‘Mirambeena’, before and following the ‘VT Survivor’ expedition and I’m happy to recommend it. It has both new and old sections, with lower costs and ratings applying to the older section where we stayed – though that still is about three stars. There also are self-contained cabins.

Unique Quality: The ‘Mirambeena’ is located within a few minutes’ easy walking distance of the central city area and almost directly across the road from a large supermarket. So what’s to say? The air conditioning works well (important in Darwin’s climate), the rooms were well equipped, the beds were reasonable but not the most comfortable I’ve ever used, the counter staff were pleasant and helpful (just ask and they’ll happily book cabs) and there is a ‘left-luggage’ room which is important due to airline schedules (see ‘Transport’ tips). Our room for our second stay had a pleasant leafy balcony, there is a good restaurant (separate tip), a coin-op laundry and two very pleasant looking pools with poolside bar which we didn’t have the time to visit. NB if you don’t like stairs, note that the ‘old’ section has no lift, though the climb up the stairs is only one floor. There also is ample off-street parking – but be cautious of parking under some of the ‘fig’ trees frequented by fruit bats, or you may find a mess on the vehicle’s paint job!

As usual, it pays to check the internet for the best prices. We made our bookings through the www.hotelclub.com website.

Directions: About two blocks easy walk from the city centre

• 1+1's Profile Photo

Very bad choice for accommodation

I must say I only ever stayed once but found the staff arrogant, ignorant and insolent. In front of a lobby of guests they accused me of having broken the windows in my room. I denied this and they virtually called me a liar. They wouldn't let me book out until it had been settled. I went back into the room with them and they weren't able to produce any broken windows, nor any other damage. The abusive staff then started to disappear as if by magic. I demanded to see the manager but he was too busy.

Unique Quality: Insolent staff

Directions: My advice is don't bother.

• cbrandlehner's Profile Photo

Mirambeena Resort Darwin

Nice Resort with two nice salt water pools and whirlpool. Rooms are OK but the one I got was not as clean as you expected.
    The TV didn't have a remote control and the picure qualit was unusable bad. The complimentary inhouse movies didn't work at all.

Directions: Darwin Inner City

More about Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin

Inner City Resort

by Rox about Mirambeena Resort

Good accom price wise as they offer reasonable rates. The resort has waterfalls and tropical gardens and has friendly staff. Two swimming pools , self contained units, internet cafe, pool table and they serve up a great Barramundi as well.

ACCOMODATION

by Kirra1

Hi my friends and I have a two night stopover in Darwin en route to Bali can anyone give me any info on decent places to stay close to town that is not noisy or grotty. I have checked trip advisor but comments are not favourable even for Holiday Inn. Thanx

by 1+1

The Asti in Smith Street West is pretty central and quiet. There are lots of places in town, just depends on how much you want to pay.

by sammyalaine

The Novotel is really central and overlooks water. It has a swimming pool, a great breakfast buffet, a bar and is clean and quiet.

by sarahreynold

Comfort Inn Asti Darwin is reasonable. I would not suggest Holiday Inn for the price. Palms City Resort would be my first suggestion followed by the Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin is good for the price and has lovely gardens. If you are looking for quality places those would be my 2 suggestions.

Comments