Cnr Giles & Cameron St, P.O.Box 966, Katherine, 0851, Australia
Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Katherine

Was this a good buy??Was this a good buy??

Katherine Gorges view from Heli-Muster chopperKatherine Gorges view from Heli-Muster chopper

Heli-Muster chopper buffalow spotting KatherineHeli-Muster chopper buffalow spotting Katherine

NT-Muster Helecopter flight over Katherine GorgesNT-Muster Helecopter flight over Katherine Gorges

Travel Tips for Katherine

Good shoes are a must for the soul .

by laughingsun69

The Tracks around Katherine gorge can be extremely rocky and hard on the feet , i was probably the only person i saw with a pair of thongs or as some people callem flip flops :) i regreted it my feet were very saw and i was lucky they didnt break , so make sure you where a good pair of shoes ,personally i like joggers as i find them more comfortable than boots etc .Dont let any of this put you off though i saw alot elderly people hiking on these trails just take it slow .

Edith Falls and the eye candy

by iandsmith

Of course, one of the pluses of the backpacker hordes is that there's plenty of eye candy for both male and female. All those nubile young bodies parading before you are hard not to notice so I thought I'd share some of the pics I took.
They come up to the upper falls where there's a large area on a rock shelf while the rest of the tourists like myself clamber for the smaller, but handier, places on the other side of the pool.
There's a walkway that runs right through and that is part of the Leliyn Track that loops around the falls in a 2 km circuit with splendid views (see previous tip) en route.

AussieBarney in Katherine

by AussieBarney

"A Whistle Stop in Katherine"

It is said the Outback meets the tropics in Katherine but as far as I am concerned the important things were there was food and water. I did not see any other sheep so someone might like to let me know if any of my family live close by.

We came from Alice on the Ghan and took a Whistle Stop Tour to the Two Gorges. I guess I may not ever pass this way again.

Katherine - On the edge of Nowhere.

by ATXtraveler

Katherine is a small town located south of Darwin in the Northern Territory.

We chose to drive to Katherine to see the famous gorge, as well as to "make camp" in between our visit to Kakadu National Park and our trip back to Darwin.

Katherine and Nitmiluk

by bluesmama

I was here in 1999, only a year after the huge flood in 1998 (maybe there's been floods since, I don't know). The Katherine River rose so high that someplace you can see marks of the waterlevel up to 2m high on the buildings (They have a marker on Mataranka Homestead too). Some people say there were huge crocodiles cruising down the main street in Katherine!
Actually Katherine River is the first year-long flowing water you come to when you travel north from Alice Springs.

Comments