Albury Hotels

• Jackiesnatton profile photo Jackiesnatton
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Serviced Apartments: Quest Albury

This hotel is really new in Albury. I stayed there about 6 weeks ago and it was very modern and very nice to stay in. Most hotels in Albury are outdated or quote oldfashioned, so this was a great find. I would definately reccomend it!

My room had a really nice view, and it is close to town and also the botanical gardens, which is great for going running.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 16, 2009

• Raven72 profile photo Raven72
  • Reviews: 6

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Chifley Albury: Disappointing

'Disappointing' is the only word that can be used to describe our stay at Chifley Albury. We chose this hotel as it was the most expensive hotel in Albury. We thought it would equate to great service and amenities.

On arrival the person who checked us in continued her conversation with a person in another room while walking to the counter. Initially I thought she was talking to me, and when I repsonded she told me she was talking to someone else then finished her conversation!

Twice I attempted to order room service during our stay. On the first occassion the person was so rude to me I decided against it. The second attempt of trying to order room service was refused. Apparently I could not order a meal after 9.30pm. The clock said 9.33pm, and again I was greeted with contempt and disinterest. My only option was to leave the premises and find a meal elsewhere.

When my husband and I went our seperate ways during the course of that evening, he accidently took the room key. On arrival at the front check in counter I asked for another key, and was treated like a child. At first I was looked at in disgust, then lectured that I was not to lose the key. All this for parting with almost $200 for a night???

There is no other way to access the Hotel outside of hours than to ring a front bell. After being ignored for serveral minutes on the front foyer, one of the three staff chatting at the front counter looked at me, rolled their eyes and flicked a switch which allowed me access to the building.

The service with the 'free' breakfast included in the price was also disappointing. On arrival we were quizzed about whether we were even guests in the hotel, spoken to like we were children (again) an asked to produce our room key to prove it. This seemed to be the treatment extended to any patrons under 50, and those over 50 were treated like royalty in comparison. There was certainly no consistent method used here!

A high price to pay for being treated like second class citizens.

Be careful - there is a stoney, unsecured car park with plenty of broken glass...... we parked in the main street.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive