4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

416 Wagga Rd, Albury, New South Wales, 2641, Australia

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• over priced and over rated

My family was very disappointed with our stay at the siesta. We stayed for 4 nights. The family room we had for the first 3 nights was located straight across from reception and was very noisy every evening when the restaurant closed, every time we wnated to get our car out was a wait to get past people checking in. The room had furniture that looked like it had been gathered from a second hand store, quite worn along with the floor coverings and bathroom worn and in need of update. Very out dated, although it was reasonably roomy and cleaniness was ok. Upon arrival I was told no visitors are allowed to the resort and that armbands are to be worn whilst using any facilities. Which I could not find any mention of on their website and I stated that to reception also, as I was hoping to have my brother and his 2 children over for an afternoon in the pool. There was smoke butts floating in the spa's, so probably best i did not take visitors to view that anyway. To top our stay off we spent the last night in a large room with 3 beds and a cot to share with my husband,myself, my 20 yr old son and my 2 yr old which did not even have a plate or a butter knife to make toast in the morning (there was a toaster??), it also had a speaker attached to the guttering of the room for the pool area which was not turned off until 10.30pm (great with a toddler). This room was actually the same price as a family room with 2 bedrooms, when i enquired the receprionist told me i was charged that because of the number of people staying??? I beleive it was overpriced and from my travels the rating does not fit the motel. Very dissapointed, I would never go back. I think a cabin in some of the caravan parks looked just as nice and probably a lot cheaper. Some of the staff nice but some a little snobby(god knows what for).

Unique Quality: Windscreen of car cleaned once in morning was nice.

• There has to be better

I am a business traveller who swallowed the 'hype' and 'image' on the Siesta's website completely. This hotel is in the middle of no where. Unless you want to be in walking distance of a KFC, Maccas and Red Rooster forget it!

The executive chef is way out of his depth. Fish of the day came complete with ammonia and store-bought tartare at a cost of $29.90. It was shoved into a smaller than normal dinner plate unceromoniously on top of some pretty stock-standard frozen chips. With a side salad that was dressed with store-bought dressing. When I say store-bought I mean PLASTIC and as far from removed from quality comtemporary food as you can possibly imagine. When you are finished eating your room service you put the tray into the left-hand side of your wardrobe above your barfridge where somebody opens a small door (akin to a cat door) and puts his/her hand/head/upper body into the room to collect the unwanted tray!

The room is big and clean although I have been here for 4 days and my towel stays where I leave it. Has not been replaced!

Unique Quality: Concrete Cacti around a pool where you are required to wear armbands identifying you as a Siesta 'resident'. OMG!

Directions: Don't rely on your Tom Tom ... it quite correctly sees this place as part of a highway ... heed the Tom Tom people by pass this place!

Travel Tips for Albury

Lovely

by simchie1

"In Love with the Kangaroos"

I never 4get the beautiful scenery of this boarder between NSW & Victoria.

I said i love the Kangas??? the real aussie kangas, of course! hi hi...

Ettamogah PUB really fascinated me. It's natural ambiance and the surroundings.

Oh...mate!!! cheers...

This amazing pub was open on 1987. Nowadays, contains lovely pub, there's winery, cafe, Bistro etc. This unique place was created by a cartoonist Maynard.

The word Ettamogah is Aboriginal for 'place of good drink'. Maybe the best time to go there is on Saturday or Sunday when the locals come out for a bush dance and a sip of Fosters

This place was just an imaginary hotel in cartoon. IMAGINE that?

"NWS & VIC State boarder"

Think if the cops saw me standing in the middle of this bridge??? MB they might take me to prison as it says "STOP is prohibited in this are"

Lol* a typical hard headed tourist??? Naahh, just too eager to take the risk.

That's adventure means...