Bowral Hotels

Our Members Say

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9817

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

MITTAGONG CARAVAN PARK: On the edge of town

The Mittagong C/Park is only a short walk from the Tourist information centre, and next door, is the Golf course.

Not a large park, it has Powered & Unpowered sites, and lots of one to two bedroom cabins with ensuites, ranging from 21/2 – 4 star.

The amentie block was old, but clean, with plenty of Hot water. Washing machines cost $3 a wash and there was plenty of lines to hang out the washing or there were dryers you could have used.
Picnic tables were located at various areas around the park, but there wasn’t any big spaces of lawned area.

The owners gave us some free pies and sausage rolls they had not sold, they said they would throw them out, and rather than doing that, offered them to the Caravanners first, what a nice gesture this was.

As it is situated on the Old Hume highway, during the day, the road was quite busy, but at night time, it was quiet.

Our accommodation in a powered site for 2 people was $26 a night. We would stay here again.

• Opinion of Price: N/A

• Reviews: 18

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mittagong Motel: Not good value accommodation

We stayed here 2 nights - booked over the phone
It was the beginning of the Tulip Festival time in Spring, and it was hard to find another place. So even though we were disapointed after seeing the room, we stayed there.
The whole place is old and rundown. Condition of room was poor, worn and stained carpet, etc. and bathroom was grotty with mould, etc.
When I made the booking, staff member who took the call was friendly and helpful
Staff on duty when we arrived,however, were unfortunately, unfriendly, inflexible, offhand and unhelpful. For example, due to my dietary needs (need low starch) , I asked if I could a piece of fruit as part of my breakfast - the staff member said she couldn't manage that! she wouldn't have time. She basically said that the breakfast was complimentary, take it or leave it!
The person who took the phone booking thought fruit shouldn't be a problem, that's why we went ahead with the booking.
We weren't expecting luxury, but even clean and polite was too much for this place.
We have travelled widely, including in Middle East and Asia, and being an Aussie myself, I am ashamed to say that this would have to be one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed at.

Nothing to recommend it!