Byron At Byron Resort & Spa

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

77 - 97 Broken Head Road, Suffolk Park, Byron Bay, New South Wales, 2481, Australia
The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Byron At Byron Resort & Spa

Wonderful Hotel, enjoyed every minute!

by TripAdvisor Member HayleyLouise

My husband and I stayed here while on our honeymoon. We absolutely adored the place. We were thrilled by the contemporary design, well equipped kitchen (and washing machine- which was fab considering we were a week into a 3 week holiday!), stunning bathroom with roll top bath with water jets, 2 balconies, flat screen tv, wonderful wet-room style shower.We stayed in the "Rivergum" section. We loved the walkways between the apartments and the main hotel. the nearby beach was quiet and stunning. We stayed in many hotels during our trip but this was the only one I was actually sad to leave!
The breakfasts were delicious, the dinners even better! the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was locally sourced and the wine list was great. The waitress was very knowledgeable. The infinity swimming pool was fabulous. Free internet was also very useful. I could go on and on.
Book this hotel, you'll love it!

Unique Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Rideaway

We stayed for just 1 night in transit to Queensland and I wish that we had booked to check in a few days earlier because it was just a wonderful experience.

Everything about this resort is positive and high quality. When you are in your room you feel secluded and at one with nature. You feel that you are in the rainforest.

There are wide board walks through the resort. Using these enables you to be right in the rainforest without the risk of damaging this treasure.

If you are feeling energetic you can play tennis or swim in the generous sized pool. If you had the time you could have a round of golf at the Byron Bay golf course which is walking distance from the resort.

The restaurant is first rate and the service first class. The food was excellent as was the wine list which included Leeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonnay.

The resort is big enough for you to feel that you are staying at a place of substance but small enough that you feel like you are being treated as someone special.

Just about my favourite Australian resort

by TripAdvisor Member LyndhurstPrahran

My wife and I just spent a week at this resort, and we are incredibly impressed. It is some time since we have enjoyed a resort hotel in Australia as much as this. Great location, excellent rooms, great staff, beautiful pool area, and excellent in house food

No problem with check in and booking, They have a clear web site, and the package we booked we as stated. Excellent value, bottle of chilled Bollinger waiting for us on arrival. The room was excellent self contained suite, nice bedroom, excellent living area with plasma and DVD player, small self contained kichen area with large fridge, microwave, washing machine and tumble dryer.

The pool area is well appointed, the pool side food and drink service was excellent, great food and prompt service. The lunch and dinner in the restaurant were really outstanding for small resort food. No complaints, and I am fussy and spoiled (live in Melbourne). The spa/health club, and gym facilities are also very good

The resort is 5 km out of town. For us (married couple escaping the kids for a week) the location was perfect. Just out of town, quiet and private. We hired a car for the week and this suited us. Allowed us to see surrounding towns and get into Byron when it suited us. For singles, or those wanting night life in town, perhaps not ideal, but the resort is not really designed to attract this market.

Tallow Beach is 5 minutes walk through the rain forest, great beach and easy access. The rain forest location is beautiful.

Management staff were great, attentive, interested but not intrusive.

We will be back on a regular basis. The resort has my strong recommendation

Beautiful Byron

by TripAdvisor Member JodieTravel01

We stayed at the resort for two nights - a special weekend away to celebrate our anniversary. This place is really special. Amazingly friendly and knowlegible staff from check in to check out. In fact the best we have experienced anywhere! We requested an upstairs room near the beach because we wanted quiet - our request was granted and the room was stunning in every respect, from the bed, the fixtures and fittings, the microwave and kitchen utensils etc that allow you to do your own catering if you wish. The resort is very clean and it is a pleasure to walk through the bush setting. The spa was also fantastic - skilled therapists who really seemed to know their stuff. It's a short walk to the beach - it isn't patrolled but there were people swimming. The pool is gorgeous. We ate in the restaurant and the food, service etc was all great. It's a five minute drive to Byron Bay if you want to go shopping, hit the patrolled beach etc. So in summary, the reviews on this site are accurate. If you are looking for a really high quality resort experience the Byron is for you.

Luxury in Byron

by TripAdvisor Member bertiep

My wide, 3 year old and I stayed here during January. Overall resort matches the description provided by others. The rooms are beautiful although not so practical with a three year old as the partition\folding screens still lets in a lot of noise \ light between the lounge and bedroom.
The property itself is immaculate, grounds magnificent and the pool superb, where we spent a large chunk of our time. The spa was very good as was the massage. Food around the pool was generally tasty.

My one gripe was the service was poor at times. On our second night our room was partly flooded due to a fault in the fire sprinkler system outside which took them an hour to switch off .It took long for them to send someone and eventually house keeping came and gave us hundreds of towels to stop the flow and offered for us to move the next which was hard with a sleeping three year old. These things occur but what upset me was that there was no follow up from management the next day to ask us if everything was alright\ apology, offer of a meal, anything. This I can understand at a normal hotel but at a top of the range hotel charging +$400 a night this is inexcusable. I never made a comment to management as I did not think it was my duty to complain. Other examples of poor service were drinks orders being forgotten etc.

I still rate the resort very highly and would definitely stay there again but the service needs to be improved upon.

Comments