Cobar Hotels

Our Members Say

• thegreynomad profile photo thegreynomad
  • Reviews: 9

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

COPPER CITY MOTEL: OFF THE MAIN ROAD

I rang ahead and booked a room at the Copper City Motel. As it turned out, the Motel was full for the night, mainly because of the Mine workers staying here.
The Motel had all ground level Motel rooms. Mine was just a standard Motel room, clean with all the facilities I would expect.
I noticed there was a swimming pool and a Restaurant, I didn't use either. It does get hot in Cobar.
I was happy with the room and the price, the problem here were the workers who were very noisy. I think the owner may have come and told them to be quiet as all of a sudden the noise stopped.
The Motel was close to the main street, so I went for a walk along it and found many old buildings and large Hotels.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel
  • Written December 27, 2012
Tip Photo

Standard room @ Copper City Motel

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9351

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

COBAR CARAVAN PARK: GOOD CARAVAN PARK

THE Cobar Caravan Park is on the Barrier Highway, located on the RH side when heading towards Broken Hill.
The park has lots of sites, but in peak time [winter or cooler months] it would be a good idea to book ahead, as the manager said they often are full.
The park takes pets. Our site was beside a shady tree, as were many of them, much needed in the hotter months of the year. Sites had slabs, and quite a few were drive - through. The amenities block was good and clean. There were bbq facilities and a camp kitchen.
It also has plenty of cabins ranging in size and price. They book out quicker than the caravan sites.
It is the only Caravan Park in town, although there are a few Motels for other accommodation.
We were happy with our stay here.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive