Bangalow Waters Coffs Harbour

95 James Small Drive, Korora, Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, 2450, Australia

Satisfaction Poor

More about Coffs Harbour

Another view in different directionAnother view in different direction

Bridge from cabins to beachBridge from cabins to beach

Some of The Fishing FleetSome of The Fishing Fleet

"Welcome to Coffs Harbour card""Welcome to Coffs Harbour card"

Accomodation Inquiries

by Krishnamoorthy

Hello there!!!! MY name is Krishnamoorthy and am from India. I am 24 yrs old and am presently working in a software company. I am very much interested in the Southern Hemisphere and I am planning to begin my traveling experiences by the end of next yr (after saving some money).
First I am planning to visit Australia and would like to beging my journey from Coffs Harbour 300 KM north of Sydney. I have a question regarding accomodation. I would like to know whether I can stay in any houses and also whether I can work in exchange of food and accomodation. I am not very particular about food just I need a place to rest. I am prepared to work in return for that. Please send me a reply if anyone is interested in this type of arrangement. Thanks for reading my question.

Re: Accomodation Inquiries

by iandsmith

Mmmm, first of all, unless they've shifted it in the last couple of days, it's a lot further than 300kms to Coffs Harbour from Sydney!
Secondly, there is actually a book out with the type of accommodation you require but unfortunately I'm not sure of the name of it since I've never had occasion to want to do that sort of thing.
Thirdly, remember that Coffs has high unemployment so your chances of getting a job of any description there are not as good as other places.
There is plenty of casual work such as fruit picking etc. and, if you get in with other backpackers, you'll pick up the information you require fairly quickly.
You can also contact government sites on the internet as there are some with where you can get casual work. Trying the state tourist bureaus would be a good option there.
Cheers, Ian

Re: Accomodation Inquiries

by AnnabelDodsy

Hi Krishnamoorthy,

My name is Anna and I live in Coffs Harbour, which is about 600km north of Sydney. I can see you need accommodation and other necessities, of which I am willing to provide for you and can make some kind of arrangment with work etc. So please reply via e-mail and we can write via email to keep in touch and make further arrangements.

My e-mail address AnnabelDodsy@vtmail.com. or annabel_dodsy@yahoo.com.au

Kind regard from Anna
annabeldodsy@vtmail.com

Re: Re: Accomodation Inquiries

by unravelau

Unfortunately I am unable to assist with either accommodation or work but I am pleased to see some members have come to your assistance. When you come, please be in touch and I might be able to take you around a bit though.

Hello Anna lovely to see another new member of Vt living in Coffs Harbour. It would be great to meet up with you when you are available.
Carole.

Travel Tips for Coffs Harbour

Big Bannana Coffs Harbour

by aussirose

When we used to travel between Brissy and Sydney each year we used to bypass Coffs because it was a bit too busy for us. We preferred to make our pit stop at Nambucca Heads for fish and chips.
I remember when it used to be rainforest where the Big Bannana is, but this famous icon was there ever since I can remember. It is a good place to stop for a leg break and ice cream though.

Big Bannana

Ice skating and snow boarding?

by unravelau

The ice-skating rink is reasonably new to Coffs although when my family was young there was a roller skating rink here........... I now have the pleasure of watching the eldest three of my grand-daughters learn ice-skating helped by my daughter................ they just love it. All of the equipment is available there but if you are an observer, like me, I suggest a cardigan at least even in summer. It gets cold just watching.

Arrawarra Headland

by iandsmith

This pic is of Mullawarra or Ocean View, depending on whether you use local terminology or the listed name.
I was standing on the southern side of Arrawarra Headland at the time, immediately above a seat erected in honour of the Bali bombing victims. It was put there by a local who lost a friend in the tragedy.
It's one of the great beaches you get north of Coffs and is an area of expansion in the sheme of this region. With views like this, you can understand why.

You must see at least one sunrise from the Jetty

by unravelau

Coffs Harbour is not the most easterly point of Australia's coastline but it still sees the sun rise pretty early none the less. I never cease to be amazed at the whole scene, i.e., of any sunrise from the Jetty, and the changes that occur in a short space of time. I have seen many photographers with their tripods line up before dawn in preparation to take a pic of the sunrise that I am lucky enough to see occasionally.

Popular holiday town

by colin_bramso

Coffs is one of the many towns we haven't stopped in yet, other than an ovenight stay at a hotel on one of our road trips between Sydney and Queensland.

It's a popular holiday destination so we will spend some time here in the future to have a look around.

Meanwhile, I've posted a tip on the hotel, which you can find below.

Comments