Novotel Coffs Harbour Resort

Cnr Pacific Highway & Bay Drive, Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, 2450, Australia

Novotel Coffs Harbour Pacific Bay Resort
Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 66% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• dancinbudgie's Profile Photo

Nice, but...

Spotlessly clean, spacious, very comfortable bed, good size bathroom, great pools, everything you excpect from this chain.

The beach was unimpressive...but we're spoilt for beaches here in Oz...

The restaurant was a let down (they usually are with Novotel), service was shabby, and I've had better meals at the local bistro. I'm not complaining about bistro food...nothing wrong with it, as long as you are also paying bistro prices!

Oh...be really careful of the revolving TV if you have little kids. It swings around from the living area to the bedroom...fascinating for a 3 year old...unfortunately, there is just enough room at the edges to jam littler fingers in...

• suzyq40's Profile Photo

Not sure its worth the money

We were lucky to stay here free as my friend won a trip to Coffs Harbour.

We were put into a suite that was self contained with kitchen(ette) and also laundry, spa, king size bed and foldout couch.

After seeing what the hotel costs for the average person, I dont think I would elect to stay there as I didnt think it really was anything too special.

Maybe I am jaded after staying in resorts in Asia, however, I found the service to be lacking. Each morning at breakfast (buffet style only $27.50) tables were still covered in dirty dishes, couldnt find a server to save ourselves, and constantly had to ask for things to be refilled.

As it is part of the Novotel/Accor group, I thought that the hotel would have been better maintained, however it was very tired in it appearance. Pool areas and other facilities had effectively been "closed for the season" when the NSW school holidays had just started.

Unique Quality: Nothing really unique about this hotel. I think I may have been more satisfied if I had stayed at the self contained motel across the road to the Big Banana.

There is however a kids club $25 per child for 3 hours (didnt use as too expensive), and a kids playground that my friends son got a bit of use out of.

Directions: Head toward the big Banana - it is 500metres on the right

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Another Classy Resort (a biggie too!)

So here's me after saying in the last tip that Resorts aren't my preferred style now telling you that this is where I stayed on Friday night after the LARK Online Workshop.

Now a feW things to tell you. When you drive in from the H'Way you'll turn left into the road into the resort. Just down on your left is a single story building which I found out (after drving straight past it initially!) is the Admin' Centre where you check in!

There they'll tell you which complex of units/apartments you'll be staying in. I was in "Hillside".

Now the other important bit of info if you're considering staying here is go to their website I've listed below & then do a search in the "Hot Deals" at the top right hand side of the webpage which is where I found a lovely room with a King Sized bed for a mere $147 (Australian) instead of the normal $248. That was cheaper than any of the accommodation/hotel websites that I had searched beforehand.

Read on below for the info re Resort Statistics & Facilities. It caters to the same market I referred to in the first tip.

As a bonus, this is where the Australian Wallabies, Rugby Union team stay when they are in Training Camp at Coffs Harbour so you might happen to be lucky enough to see these guys during your stay.

Unique Quality: Occupying 40 hectares of secluded and highly picturesque beachfront situated only three kilometres north of town. A holiday resort in the true sense, facilities include a restaurant, bar, kids club, billiard room, gym, beauty therapist/masseur, tennis courts, three heated pools and a 9 hole golf course.

Directions: 6km from Coffs Harbour Airport, approximately 10 mins by taxi or the resort's shuttle coach. Situated on Charlesworth Bay beach, 3km north of Coffs Harbour.

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Wow is the only word for this location

I haven't been fortunate enough to stay here because I live just down the road, but I must say that the location is outstanding -- wonderful views and I am sure that it meets the standards set by Novotel.

Unique Quality: It must have magnificent views (some I have shown in the off the beaten path tips).........Although it is right on the highway, once you have driven in you get this feeling of total peace and seclusion....... a really lovely location with a beautifully quiet beach....heavenly.

Directions: Just turn right off the highway (travelling north) one kilometer from Coffs Harbour City.

Comments