41 Ocean Parade, Coffs Harbour, 2450, Australia

Pacific Highway in foregroundPacific Highway in foreground

The JettyThe Jetty

List of "Big Things" AustraliaList of "Big Things" Australia

Travel Tips for Coffs Harbour

Raining? Go to the museum for a couple of hours.

by unravelau

There is just so much to see that I couldn't narrow it down to one.

The local museum, apart from the usual bits and pieces of interest has an archive of the local paper that goes back as far as 1970 and a lot further I am told. I miss my family and walking on the beach in the mornings when I am away.

Gone Fishing.

by unravelau

I don't go fishing myself but Coffs Harbour in the past may have been called a fishing village. Now that it is a city though, fishing is still something that happens a lot here. Many fish from the shore, either ocean or river, some go to sea and yet others choose to fish from the rocks or while diving. Many varieties of fish are caught here and there is quite a traffic in deep sea tuna (big business). There is a fishing club and a co-operative. I personally like the pelicans technique myself.............they wait until the fishing boats are returning and they settle alongside and wait patiently. Not being a fisherperson means that I am not up on what kind of equipment that you might bring with you when you come. I would think that it very much depends upon the type of fishing you hope to do and the kinds of fish you would like to catch. Having said all of that unhelpful stuff, I am sure that you would be able to get, buy or hire whatever you required while you are here.

The whale way

by iandsmith

The migratory route of the humpback whale passes close to Coffs, especially near Arrawarra where there are a series of rock build ups underwater that they can scratch the barnacles off with. Thus, if you are out their during the migration, you can be fairly assured that you will see some, as I did.
I find it sad to think that some countries would spend millions of dollars trying to convince people that they should be allowed to slaughter these fabulous creatures. Surely their money could be better spend elsewhere?

The climb

by iandsmith

When you leave the marina, it's but a short climb to the top of Mutton Bird. A word of warning though, it is steep. There's a conveniently placed bench seat about half way up though. The unfit might need it and I even appreciated a stop en route.
While there's a few steps at the start, the rest is a bricked path with plenty of grip and it takes you all the way over the other side.

Heaven: Just Outside of Coffs Harbour

by dancinbudgie

"Arrawarra"

Arrawarra Beach is about a 20 minute drive north of Coffs Harbour. It is where my partner Grant spent his childhood summer holidays. I fell in love with it when he first took me and the kids there. That is my daughter Alex and my son Hayden sitting on the same bridge that Grant would sit on when he was young with his brother!

This is the view from the cabins we usually stay in. As you can see, it is a great place for kids to play safely! They have an absolute ball just watching the soldier crabs on the move! From a mum's point of view, the kids can roam without getting out of view, so a bottle of wine on the deck is highly recomended! Relax and let the kids go!

This is the other side of the headland which is a bit more of a surf beach , not the safest for small children, but there are some great rockpools for them to explore. The kids loved walking from one beach to the other, and we loved how all the fresh air wore them out for bed time!

Comments