Country Comfort Inn Dubbo

Newell Highway, , Dubbo, State of New South Wales

More about Dubbo

Taronga Western Plains ZooTaronga Western Plains Zoo

DUBBO ZOO.. HUNGRY GIRAFFE..DUBBO ZOO.. HUNGRY GIRAFFE..

TortoisesTortoises

Look how far I can reach!Look how far I can reach!

Travel Tips for Dubbo

DUBBO ...NEW SOUTH WALES..

by DennyP

"DUBBO WESTERN NEW SOUTH WALES.."

DUBBO ..is located 400 kilometers west of Sydney and is proclaimed to be the "Hub of the West"..The most popular attraction in Dubbo would have to be the Western Plains Zoo which attracts many visitors..it is a large well set out zoo and the most "open range " zoo in Australia..another popular attraction is the old Dubbo Gaol that has been well restored after being closed in 1966..Dubbo has a jazz festival in August and a Red Earth Festival in September..There also is a large military museum with a huge amount of vehicles from WW11..there are many motels in the main street...

"DUBBO ZOO..AN OPEN RANGE ZOO.."

"DUBBO ..AN UP CLOSE TO THE ANIMALS.."

Animals of the World at Western Plains Zoo

by CdnJane

"A Little Bit of Canada - Elk / Wapiti"

It was nice to see a little bit of home, in these Elk. There weren't many North American animals here - more in Sydney at the sister zoo, Taronga Zoo. Probably because of the heat and layout of the enclosures it is not easy to keep some of the other animals cooled off. I was also impressed by what good condition the elk were kept in - very well fed, which reflected in their coats.

"Meercat on Guard"

I think that I have the name right for the animal. He kept an eye on us to make sure we weren't going to enter their enclosure.

"Keeping an Eye on me as well"

It was difficult to catch a picture of the kangaroo, because he didn't really want his picture taken. I imagine that this was a red kangaroo, but whatever type, he was very handsome. I'm actually surprised that the fences weren't built higher. Not sure if many escape.

"Koala found the right spot to sleep"

We reached the koala enclosure just after feeding time, so not only did we miss the crowds - not that we saw any seriously large crowds - but we also missed out on the opportunity to get even closer to one who was awake, or not stoned on the Eucalyptus leaves.

"Huge and Worth the Respect of Age"

These huge tortoises seemed to be very happy relaxing in the heat of the day. Once in a while one of them would wander along, and they move considerably quickly for their size and our preconceived ideas about the speed of a tortoise.

Comments