Ettalong Beach Hotels

Our Members Say

• holiday_princess profile photo holiday_princess
  • Reviews: 3

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

ETTALONG TOURIST BEACH RESORT-Motel Paradiso: Not Exactly 'Paradiso', MOTEL PARADISO

OVERVIEW
It was a spontaneous weekend getaway planned only the night before departing on a Saturday morning. We booked the hotel online through www.lastminuteaccomodation.com and paid $99 for one night’s stay for 2 people. When we arrived, I was intrigued by the Mediterranean theme in which our motel was engulfed in, faintly reminding me of my trip to Italy five years ago.

GOOD
The atmosphere itself was beautiful and quaint, with a lovely and almost unreal ambience to it. The staff at the cafes and restaurants were very accommodating and made us feel quite welcome. The hotel reception granted us a slightly later check-out as requested, even though they were fully booked out with tours arriving that morning, and allowed us to leave our belongings in the office while we spent the Sunday at Palm Beach until returning late afternoon to retrieve our bags before departure.

NOT SO GOOD
Having paid less than a hundred dollars for the room and knowing it was not going to be 5 star, we were not particularly shocked or surprised when we noticed that the shower temperature was extremely temperamental, the tiled floor made the room quite cold, or that the outside noise from drunken guests returning to their room well into the early morning, and the uncomfortable bed made getting a good night’s sleep virtually impossible. (Not to mention the inconvenience experienced when emergency after hours reception could not be contacted when I realised I had left my toothpaste at home!)

In reading the booking confirmation email sent to my inbox, I was pleasantly surprised to see that we had received 2 complimentary return ferry tickets to Palm Beach which we used the following day.

• Opinion of Price: about average