5-7 Cross Street, Forbes, 2681, Australia

The VanThe Van

Travel Tips for Forbes

Sky diving

by CandS

My friend and myself about to get into the (tiny) plane ready to do our first ever sky diving 'jump'...woohoo!!! :)

I did 'static line' (solo) sky diving. We were attached to the plane by a cord that opened the parachute about five seconds after 'jumping'...once the parachute opened we had to steer ourselves to the ground using the helper below who pointed a big arrow in the direction we should go.

It was an amazing experience...once that parachute was open I was so excited I couldn't stop yelling out "woohoo" and stuff like that... ;)

Sky diving

by CandS

Just landed... What a pity I didn't land on my feet...maybe one day. :)

This was my very first landing on my first skydiving jump...what a thrill...if ever you get the chance to do it - I say go for it!!!!!! :) Whether it be static line or tandem jumping...

Although I landed on my butt it was a very soft landing...perfect for my first one. :) I didn't get a single scratch or bump.

Forbes Streets

by CandS

The town of Forbes itself isn't huge so you will be able to find your way around the streets fairly easily without any troubles. It only takes a short drive or walk to find most things... Car parks are quite easy to find all over town too.

Packing list...

by CandS

Take some cool clothes for summer time...it gets very hot during the days! If you're there in the winter months then take a warm jacket etc...it can get cold...

If you want to go sky diving you will need some 'old' clothes that you don't mind getting dirty... You'll be rolling around on the ground at least once during the day... ;) You'll be able to find most things in Forbes... Take (or buy) plenty of sunscreen...you will need it...especially in summer... And especially if you're out learning static line sky diving... ;)

Parkes Satellite Dish

by CandS

Another view of the Dish...this time with canola fields in front... ;)

There was an Aussie movie filmed and named after The Dish although I haven't seen it as yet, I'm told it's not a bad movie though... :)

Comments