Flag Inn Goulburn Heritage

Expedia.com AMOMA.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Goulburn

THE BIG MERINOTHE BIG MERINO

The beautifully carved pulpit.The beautifully carved pulpit.

The CourthouseThe Courthouse

views over Goulburnviews over Goulburn

Off-roading in Goulburn

by croc_lisa

We are a UK couple who will be visiting Goulburn, NSW around Feb-Apr 2004, with the prospect of settling over there. We will hopefully be visiting friends, but we are also interested in anyone who would like to join us for some off-roading, camping, fishing, etc. We are looking to get a 4x4, either hire or buy one cheap when we get there. If anyone has any information on campsites in the Goulburn area, hiring a 4x4 vehicle and if it is possible to go off-roading around Goulburn, then that would be a great help. If anyone is interested or would like any further information then please drop us a line.

RE: RE: Off-roading in Goulburn

by jordy005

we do have a caravan park here (please dont tell anyone I live in Goulburn )
I`m not sure on the name of the park though cause they sign blew down (lol @ winds) Coach stop van park?? I think,, its on the south side of town... has camping ground but Goulburn does have some great B and B`s and even back packers hotel is cheap and ALL NEW renovated. Let me know if you need any Goulburn info I`d be happy to source out some info for you.

not sure about off roading here,, there are alot of tracks and stuff around... but I`d avoid the State forest if I were you and Brittish ! (never mind).. I`d be more going north if I were you...... like Fraser Island for 4 by 4...

RE: RE: Off-roading in Goulburn

by jordy005

GUESS i should have read the date,,, hahahahahahahaha

last question posted to Goulburn was 3 year ago and I missed it,,lol

Travel Tips for Goulburn

Bungonia Gorge

by iandsmith

This gorge is an offshoot of the Shoalhaven River and is a popular spot for bushwalkers. There is a National Park office at the camp site which has good facilities for all. We spent a night there in the motorhome and had it all to ourselves.
Next day I left for my early morning sojourn and skirted the rim of the canyon on the most popular (green) walk.
These shots were taken on that walk. Most people get off on the spider's web shots (1&2) though I personally prefer the mist laden cliff tops of pic 3.
The fourth shot gives you an idea of how those affected by vertigo should avoid the lookouts while the last shot gives you an idea of just how rugged the country is.
All this is around half an hour north east of Goulburn.

High side

by iandsmith

There's a hill on the western side of the main street and, it's a fair bet in these type of towns that there will be some notable architecture on them. Goulburn doesn't disappoint with some fine Federation style two storey efforts among them but this particular one, the only one with an historical plaque, was in dire need of repair.
Its name is Clandulla and it was built for a haberdasher named Mr. W. Lane by Louis le Breton
in 1882-83.

THE BIG MERINO

by balhannah

THIS IS THE
BIGGEST MERINO IN THE WORLD,
standing 15.2 Metres high and weighing 97 tonnes, it took 6 months to build.

Inside is an exhibition depicting the history of the wool industry in Australia.

The gift shop has the usual, plus items that are made from wool, so you can buy Australian made ugg boots, wool scarves, jumpers and jackets, Mohair throw rugs, woollen doonas and underlays, pet doonas, and all types of sheepskins.

Exchange Hotel

by iandsmith

The Exchange is a colourful part of Goulburn history and a vibrant part of the entertainment scene.
Originally built in 1872 as the Exchange with 16 rooms and the 40s and 50s saw the name change to Doddlestons Exchange Hotel before reverting to the Exchange again.
Recent refurbishments and new management make this the must visit Hotel in town.
Famous for the best home cooked meals in town with their renowned bistro chef Gwen, this is a place where you can enjoy an ale or two in clean comfortable surrounds.

Comments