Horizons Resort Snowy Mountains

Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Tags

Spa and Resort Fishing Sailing and Boating

Not Serviced Apartments

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 10, 2011

The facilities and the location of this accommodation are great, however it cannot be called a resort. We stayed for 4 nights here and even though this resort was supposed to be serviced daily, our room was only serviced once. The first day at 9.45am they asked if we wanted new towels, when we said no they left and never came back to do the cleaning, make beds, empty the garbage from the previous nights dinner etc etc. the second day we were out early in the morning so they did a full service. the 3rd day we were inside at 9.45am again but because we were using the bathrooms, we asked them to come back in 5 mins. They said "We don't come back", left and never came back... and this is a 4 star resort??? I don't think so.

aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Gr8 Hotel Lovely Outlook

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2005

This was an excellent place to base ourselves for 2 nights to go snow skiing on my Birthday - June 25.

A high quality hotel with excellent comfort, staff & facilities.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to you if you were interesting in visiting our Snowy Mountains National Park at any time of the year.

The attached photo is just one of a series I took from the upstairs balcony of our room/apartment. It's in a lovely spot overlooking Lake Jindabyne which unfortunately, like so much of inland New South Wales is way below it's average level due to prolonged drought conditions. Still lovely nevertheless, but I think it would be superb with the Lake full.

Unique Quality: We stayed in the perfect family accommodation. With the girls in a separate downstairs bedroom & us upstairs in a lovely bedroom with separate tv & ensuite bathroom with a big spa bath.

It had a nice indoor pool with the water at a very comfy temperature. Nice enough to get my wife in for a swim with me & the girls & that is really saying something. lol!

It has a very good quality restaurant on site with a good menu, including kids choices.

The rooms/apartments are also self contained so you can save money by doing own breakfasts & even dinners too if you want to.

Directions: Check the whole url below:

1 Photo of Horizons Resort Snowy Mountains

Jindabyne Travel Forum

Need advice about Jindabyne, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Jindabyne and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Jindabyne