Jindabyne Hotels

• iandsmith profile photo iandsmith
  • Reviews: 5779

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Arosa Apartmotel: For something more comfortable

If you want a touch of luxury in Jindabyne without paying the earth I can certainly recommend this 3 1/2 star motel near the shore of Lake Jindabyne. It's convenient, comfortable and the staff are helpful and the food is good.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Luxury Travel, Skiing and Boarding
  • Written September 23, 2005

• iandsmith profile photo iandsmith
  • Reviews: 5779

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Snowy Mountains Youth Hostel: Budget - for the young

On first sight it was probably the best hostel I had stayed in. The beds were fairly new and there were reasonable community facilities like jugs, microwaves and T.V.s. On that basis I would recommend it to someone who is into this style of accommodation.
The second night was disaster with a capital "D" however. A busload of footballers who had won their grand final the weekend before were down here to celebrate. Mind you that was after I discovered the endless drip pinging off the drainpipe that was like water torture.
At around 2am I went out and complained, possibly to the wrong people but, with noise coming from the carpark beneath our window, noise from the communal room and someone banging the floor in their room I had had enough.
Instead of staying one more night we departed the next day.
It was unfortunate for the owners who were more than reasonable to compensate us what we had to put up with but to me it's a little symptomatic of what can happen in a hostel when there's testosterone flying around.

It's conveniently located and there's plenty of parking and a good restaurant next door.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Skiing and Boarding, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written September 22, 2005

• TheAndos profile photo TheAndos
  • Reviews: 93

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Self-catering: Booking service

We book an apartment with http://www.skiinggalore.com.au
- Alpine Resorts and Travel Centre - in Jindabyne. It is cheaper than staying on snow and only a 20 minute ride to the start of the Ski Tube from where you go to Perisher Valley, or continue into the National Park to Thredbo. Usually you don't need chains to get to the Ski Tube.

• Opinion of Price: N/A