Platinum at Kiama Blue

Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Tags

Family Travel Beaches Road Trip
See Amenities

Kiama is beautiful, Apartment not so beautiful

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 15, 2012

My first time to Kiama with my family (including kids) was a short trip away from home. Thank god we didn't stay longer than 2 nights in this apartment. This expensive apartment promised everything. It sort of did, the Harbour view was beautiful in the morning and evening. However, privacy is an issue with the restaurants adjacent to you. We closed the blinds which took care of that issue. like i said, thank god we had the harbour view to look at.

The room is modern, 2 bedrooms, dinning area, lounge, spa bath/ shower, however the place needed a good clean. Half a toilet paper roll (no other supplies) linnen closet was locked so we re-used the bath towels that were provided only our first stay. There was no remote control for the T.V and DVD. The spider webs were still hanging off the blinds, dust was still visible, not to mention the baby cockroaches running around the bath and in the lounge room where my 4 year old son was playing. 'Mum' there is a bug on my toy car''!.

Spent money on buying food so we can have a cooked meal with my family to discover the stove cook top did not work.

I was happy to leave this apartment, it's a shame as the harbour view is beautiful and the place was not what I expected. Another suggestion, it would be nice to have seen a brochure of Kiama or the surrounding areas, restaurant listings etc especially when family or first timers visit a new place.
We had a great time in Kiama, people are friendly and Jamberoo Fun Park was our saviour. !!

Nearby Platinum at Kiama Blue

Amenities at Platinum at Kiama Blue

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Fitness Center
  • Free Parking
  • Kitchenette

Kiama Travel Forum

Need advice about Kiama, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Kiama and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Kiama
KIAMA'S BLOWHOLES, what are blowholes?
The lighthouse
Visit the lighthouse!
Australian Pelican: the Longest Bill in the World
Beautiful Views Back at the Mainland
Things to Do
Kiama Blow Hole.... WHOMP!
The Blow Hole