Parramatta Hotels

• AusPinay profile photo AusPinay
  • Reviews: 583

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Novotel Olympic Park: Four & a Half Stars Hotel without the Hefty Price

Our stay was comfy, the facilities are great here- clean rooms, plenty of room amenities- modern bathroom, sink, toiletries are provided, etc. There's a flat screen LCD telly which is very new, plus the pay movies were great for us so we paid to watch them here.

However, I didn't sleep well, due to the noise of some teenagers staying in the hotel! My son was forced to go out and tell them to be quiet- they were playing hockey in the corridors! It is not the hotel's fault but it was just one of those nights I guess!

The bonus for us was that, I didn't get charged for our stay as I redeemed my complimentary night being a member of Accor advantage plus club. I paid a one-off yearly fee of $289 which entitles me to one complimentary night for my whole family of four plus 10 % discount to all hotel rooms of ACCOR and its partners like Mercure, Pullman, Hilton, Novotel, Ibis, etc. I also get 50%discount when dining or ordering room service like when we stay in Canberra or somewhere else,anywhere in the world actually!

Also, despite the train station, just minutes from the hotel, I never hear the noise of the trains!

The hotel has clean facilities, almost looking like new. You won't find dirty and tattered carpets here, only the best if I may add! The receptionists are friendly enough too. Breakfast was always good in any Novotel as they are usually buffet so no problem here- we love the scramble eggs, sausages, bacon, pancakes/sometimes pikelets with syrup, fresh fruits, plenty of cereals to choose from, yoghurt and fresh coffee and tea. They also have decaf so I was happy! The fruit juices are plenty as well- pineapple, orange and apple. There was a good selection of breads and croissants and jams and spreads, butter, etc.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Food and Dining, Family Travel
  • Written July 14, 2009
Tip Photo

comfy beds, soft cotton sheets

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful