Beached at Bondi

Hostelworld.com Agoda.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Sydney

Idyllic Little Park(November 2011)Idyllic Little Park(November 2011)

One of Australia's best known birds the kookaburraOne of Australia's best known birds the kookaburra

Liz is ready for our next destination...Liz is ready for our next destination...

Liz enjoying her BelliniLiz enjoying her Bellini

International Ter. at Airport to Darling Harbour ??

by Tilson

Greetings once again:

I had such great results from my last post I thought I would try my luck again.

I will get in to SYN at 6 AM and want to go to the Four Points Hotel at 16 Sussex Street, Darling Harb. I would rather not spend the money on a cab if another method would work? I would not be in any great rush due to checking in so early. Any suggestions would be appreciated......Thanks...

by margsch

You could catch the train at the airport and get off at Central. Make your way outside and ask where the Light Rail stops, despite the name it is a tram in my opinion, this will convey you to Darling Harbor (direction Lilyfield and Star City Casino)and the stop Convention may be the one where you get off but a Sydneysider may have a better idea. Can you find a google map with your apartment building on showing light rail stops? This would give you a good idea and the conductor will tell you where to alight.

by lynnehamman

Hi

There is a shuttle service that will take you to hotel for a really reasonable fee;

look at the website:

There is also a bus service outside airport (with a booth where you can puchase either a return or single ticket) single costs A$16.00, return A$24.00
You cannot miss seeing it- the buses are bright red.

by betska

If you mean Four Points by Sheraton, it's probably closer to Town Hall station, than Central. It's located on the city side of Darling Harbour. But by train, you may have to change trains at Central anyway, and if you have luggage, that would be a bit of a nuisance. I agree that Lynne's idea of getting an airport shuttle bus would be easier.

by colin_bramso

Agreed, shuttle bus is the way to go.

by Tilson

Greetins all and thank you, it would seem the shuttle would be the way to go since I will be pulling a suitcase.(not to mention am approching 80!)......if I may add another question along the lines of getting around.....I have read about a seven day pass that seems to save money and makes sense to me, would you good people have any comments on that?

Again thank you. what a wonderful "tool" the forums are!!

Tom

by lynnehamman

3, 5 or 7 days from $115 per person
SydneyPass is the best way to get around town. Including premium sightseeing (Sydney & Bondi Explorer Bus) plus the entire regular bus, ferry, and train services. Convenient, easy, and economical.

3 Day Pass: $115 per person

5 Day Pass: $150 per person

7 Day Pass: $170 per person

All passes are valid over a consecutive 8 day period

SydneyPass ticket includes:
* Sydney Explorer Bus: Hop on, hop off at 27 of Sydney's most famous landmarks including the Opera House, Kings Cross, the Rocks, Darling Harbour, & more. Buses depart Circular Quay every 20 minutes from 8.40am-5.20pm. Allow at least 2 hours for the whole journey (not counting stops!).

ALSO INCLUDES:
* Sydney Ferries: The entire Sydney Ferries network
* CityRail trains: Travel in the CBD and surrounding suburbs.
* Sydney Buses: All local buses.
* Airport Link train: Fastest way to & from the airport

by oznztofro

Ask your hotel if they have a shuttle pick up. It should be free because you are a guest there

Travel Tips for Sydney

Wave Aid Concert

by Zanzibargirl

I wasnt sure quite where to put these. Probably better on my travelogue, but I've run out of room there. But this woas something that I found to be a really fond memory of Sydney and though it was a once in a lifetime experience, it was done with great benefit in mind. The wave aid concert was a brilliant experience. The acts were fantastic and I had heaps of fun. The acts ranged from Silverchair to Missy Higgins to Midnight oil.

Here is a site link:

http://www.waveaid.com.au/ I think my fondest memories were personally of the Finn brothers singing the old Crowded house songs because I always wished I'd been at their last concert. But Missy, Silverchair and The John Trio were awesome too.

Sydney is a very fast...

by ombre

Sydney is a very fast international city.It is Australias largest city with a pop around 4 million.
Most over seas people when thinking of Australia would probably think of Sydney first.
Alsothey may think it is our Nations capital however, Canberra is the name of Australia's Capital city.Canberra is between Melbourne and Sydney and was basically made the capital to stop Sydney and Melbourne fighting over which city should be the capital. WHEN in Sydney you must walk toBronte along the Bondi beach cliffs.
Also not far from BONDI BEACH is a place called Watsons bay.
The view along the the cliff face is unreal visit the the sydney cricket ground where COLLINGWOOD defeated the SYDNEY SWANS by five points this year .Sydney has so much to offer and i must say I have been to sydney at least once or twice a year at least for the last 9 years.At first I really didn't like sydney but it has grown on me alot over the years. Fondest memories of Sydney have now changed after my most recent trip .
The feeling around Sydney with just one week to the Olympics is great.
I Also had the bad feeling of knowing I wont be there when the games are on due to work reasons.

The Australian Wildlife Park

by dlandt

I guess this is an OK attraction. It would have been better if we were younger or had children. The park is reasonably sized with about 40 exhibits of Australian wildlife, including a kangaroo petting area. This is a tame zoo environment suitable for small children and educational in that it puts on reptile, wool shearing and other shows. If you hold cookies in your hand the dingos follow you from one end of the cage to the other.

Take a visit at Rushcutters...

by Ronald_T

Take a visit at Rushcutters Bay. Stretching between Elizabeth Bay and Darling Point, this is one of the best places to watch the yachts from as they sail for Hobart on Boxing Day. It was also one of the venues used for TropFest '97 and home for the Olympic Games Yachting (2000). Most of the time this charming bit of urban greenery is a haven for the nearby dwellers and visitors alike it also houses tennis courts, Reg Bartley Oval (with a grandstand that can seat up to 200 spectators), a well-equipped playground, and an old-style kiosk. There's also some unrestricted, free (and extremely rare) parking along Waratah Street.
See for more pics in the City Views travelogue please.

Packing Lists

by cjg1

Travel light. I once read that the key to packing light was pack as lightly as you can and then removing half of it. One bag should be enough for anyone on a week tour. I know most people do not agree with my travel style to Australia but I go for as long as I can each time and keep returning. Bring Sun block or purchase it immediately upon arrival. I also recommend bringing your favorite comfortable shoes for walking. Sydney is a city that you can easily walk and walk and walk in. You will be happier with comfortable well broken in shoes. Of course you should bring your camera. Small compact digital point and shoot cameras are great because you whip it out and shoot when the time is ready and it does not require great effort to carry it. I find the canon d10 underwater camera to be a great option in a place like Sydney. You are protected from the spray on ferries and the sand of the beaches. The power outlets here in Sydney are of the style of two slanted blades. See the pic for an example.

Comments