Bellagio By The Sea

Bellagio By The Sea
Hotels.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Sydney

Liz and I enjoying some drinks (November 2010)Liz and I enjoying some drinks (November 2010)

One of several stairwaysOne of several stairways

Local craftsLocal crafts

Free brochuresFree brochures

Where to stay?

by smells123

Me and my friends are going to be staying in sydney for about 3 months, we are on a tight budget, does it make more sense to stay in a hostel ( we want private rooms, not dorms) or rent an apartment for that time? Any advice re; hostels etc would be so appreciated!

by vpas

check out the uni lodges,they have rooms at reasonable rates.a bit noisy during weekends,but you can have private rooms.i stayed at the best weston uni lodge in sydney and it was ok..
hope this helps,

by gdaysydneysider

check out sydney.gumtree.com.au, you might find a short term rental for a decent apartment. Also you might want to look at places like the Northern Beaches or Cronulla areas - outside of Sydney CBD so a lot cheaper, but still in Sydney.

by johnbook

Check out Newtown, close to the city, public transport and with a real buzz. There are budget places in Newtown, but don't know if they fit your bill.

by blue-crush

What's your budget range and just how many are you? If you want more privacy, then it's better to stay in a hostel/motel. I can recommend Gardenia Motor Inn in Sydney. They have a Family room, which is good for a maximum of 4 persons. Just check out their website if their rooms fit your budget.

Travel Tips for Sydney

Well, I didn't stay in Sydney...

by scharneckk

Well, I didn't stay in Sydney for that long in fact, I got there, was awestruck by the lights and all the frantic one-way streets filled with cars at midnight on a Wednesday (??not common in Brisvegas! :)), my partner and I couldn't even find a rest stop and because it was so late we ended up finding a very hidden carpark and sleeping in the back of the car.

We woke up with the most beautiful view, overlooking the water. Mind you some passers by didn't seem happy to see me sit up in the back .. neither was I mind you .. we couldn't find anything! So we got out of there pretty quickly! Just lying in the back of the ute and looking up the stars .. we didn't stay in Sydney .. too frantic for us! We wanted something a little more laid back! So off we went on our merry way to the next destination....

A city of culture, especially HORTIculture : )

by pchamlis

We enjoy gardens. We enjoy greenery and we enjoy nature. More than your average tourist, we take pleasure in learning about the plant life of foreign lands.

Sydney is a great place for such individuals to spend some time. The Botanic Gardens are a treasure trove of unknown and unfamiliar plants and animals. I'll admit that if I lived in Sydney, I'd probably walk through the gardens every single day. Some people like to party in beer joints...... me, I like enjoying the outdoors. ; ) Being from north Florida, we have a particular affinity for old and very large trees. Our hometown (Tallahassee) has many huge live oaks within her midst. There's something so noble about an old tree. People in California know what I'm saying, after an afternoon in Muir Woods, right??

Anyway, Sydney's got some very big and beautiful trees as well. We particular liked the giant ficus trees resident in the Botanic Garden, Domain and MacQuarie's Point areas of the city.

Climb the bridge...

by Ronald_T

But the bridge isn't something you only drive over, you can also do a Bridge Climb But alas, even I didn't. The reason for it was that you have to make a booking ahead, and I was there at a very busy time that the only space I had was at (maybe) 6 am. I had to ring them at 5.30 am to be sure there was a place. Even that was too early for me, and to be honest, they take an alcohol test before you are allowed to climb the bridge…and we went to bed at 3 am ;-) In the end I couldn't do this because of my broken shoulder!!!

All that glitters

by hennanights

On Sunday mornings on Kings street in Newtown you can find a man selling religious trinkets outside of a beautiful old Greek church. The gentlemen was more then happy to tell us a little bit about the items he was selling. He showed as pictures of a convent in his home town where the items were made by priests. He was selling many of the evil eye charm which I collect. After we purchased a few small things he invited us inside to take a look around. The walls were covered in gold embossing and there were murals on the ceilings and alter painted in rich blues, reds and yellows. The pews were carved in ornate patterns and there were candles everywhere. It was truly beautiful.

Packing List

by ombre

When you visit Sydney the NATIONAL MARITIME MUSEUM IS GREAT .
here you can see replicas of the endeavour (which was the ship Captain James cook discovered australia) and check out a submarine.
last time i was in Sydney I did this tour and felt part of it was great and some was a waist of time.reason being it is divided into different packages which can end up expensive.
being a international city some tourist things are great to visit but are far more expensive than the should be.
reason they know you will visit and if you don't come back they still get enough business
going through the sub takes times as only a limited number can go at one time.
they have different packages depending on what you want to do.
They really charge to much and if the prices were better it would be great.

Comments