Bondi Sands

252 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach, Sydney, New South Wales, 2026, Australia

Satisfaction Poor

Good For No Data
  • Cheap Hostels

To be honest I am not the best person to give advice regarding hotels/accomodation. As I am a backpacker all my experience relates to backpacker type accommodation. Which will probably mean it is not suitable for a lot of the other groups of people who use VT.

Most travellers when arriving in Sydney, unless they are mega organised opt to stay in a hostel for a few days, (weeks, whatever until they get themselves sorted out, pardoning the pun) There are loads of hostels in the City located around the George St area. George St is smack bang in the main mix, so all pubs, restaraunts, shops are close by.

If you are more of a beach person then head down to Bondi where the two main hostels are Noahs and Bondi Sands. Noahs is at the top end of Campbell Parade, which is virtually unmissable as majority of taxis and all public buses will drive straight past it when entering Bondi Beach. Bondi Sands is situated at the bottom end of Campbell Parade. When I stayed in Noahs the rooms were in the region of $25-30 per night. You will have a good time there as they are packed with travellers with the same priorities and goals as yourselves. The rooms are clean and tidy. There is night managers on, so you feel pretty safe and secure. I would recomend these places for a stay of a few days to a couple of weeks at the most. There is also lots of backpackers hostels in kingscross and while I have never experienced these places, I have experienced Kingscross( I have been working there on the construction of the Cross City Tunnel) and it is definately not most peoples cup of tea.

Sorry the advice is a bit shallow.

More about Bondi Sands

Oz!

by RachelSmith

"Life in Bondi"

Well, when we first arrived in Australia, we were booked into a hostel named Bondi Sands. The weather was not what we'd expected, the place was dingy and there were cockroaches in our room. Not the best welcome... But we were determined this was not Australia at it's best! We spent the next couple of days in Manly, the weather got better, and we moved hostel! Within the week we'd already started to look for a more permanent place to live. We searched almost every area, and despite our first impressions, we were drawn back to Bondi! In the sunshine it no longer looked like a run-down seaside resort, but a happy young persons place.

We did get to go to Mardi Gras. Though being a little shorter than the average crowd member, we saw almost nothing of the first half of the parade. Actually... all i saw was what i captured on my digi camera while holding it at arms length. Until some 'kind' tall people finally saw sense and let us in front of them... so i could take better aimed photo's! It was as camp as i'd expected, though honestly, i expected it to be more lively. Maybe i just missed the best of it??

Well life has changed considerably since we first moved to Bondi. We used to drink at the Bondi Hotel, before we discovered our new local 'The Royal" - others may fear stepping inside, but it's actually a really friendly pub, and just around the corner. A bonus is that it's only open til midnight, so we're not tempted to fritter more of our money on alcohoil than necessary (but then we do end up going into town from there instead!)...

It's now also winter, so any dreams we had of clocking up some hours sunning on the beach have rapidly disappeared. Actually, on the weekends that we had good weather we preferred to go to Tamarama Bay, just a little walk along the coastal path and well worth it for a bit more seclusion than the expanse of Bondi.

Of course i managed to find myself a job and am now about at the end of my three month contract - just 2 weeks to go and i cannot wait!! Very boring and monotonous work but i made a few friends and a few more pennies to fund the travels!! It's going to be great to leave here and get some of that famous Australian sun again as we head up the coast. Plans are a little uncertain as to what we're exactly doing. I'm trying to be a little more spontaneous (against my better nature!) and just plan as we go along..... We'll just see how long that lasts!!!

In one of our travel books there's a list of the 50 things you should do while in Australia, and over the wekend Ali decided to tick off what we've already done... we've managed quite a few surprisingly, and still have some more planned for the trip... but we'll see what extra's we can throw in along the way...

"Life Updates!"

Well it seems it's been a while since i added to this page... but some things haven't really changed. I now have a full time 3 month job, working as an Accounts Officer - oh such an exciting job!! I'm half way around the world and still stuck in a boring, window-less office!! That's not exactly true... my partition just blocks the view - it's actually the Harbour Bridge, so can't complain!!!

We'll be making a sharp exit from Sydney on July 2nd... we CANNOT wait!! It does seem a little daft whiling away our time here, but it's all for the sake of making that much needed money. It means we'll have the money we need to enjoy the next few months. I just priced up skiing in NZ, and it's not gonna be cheap!!! Ah well.

Ali has been getting herself some regular placements... she seems quite in demand now - they obviouslsy recognise her ability with kids!!

As for our spare time... we don't seem to have much of that. My working day seems to last 12 hours... so we just have the weekends to relax and enjoy ourselves. If the weather is nice enough we've become quite taken to Tamarama Beach (opposed to Bondi which isn't as personal). We tend to steer clear of the city and Ali is determined to not shop... much to my dismay, but i guess it is a good thing ultimately!

Last weekend we had another adventure - finally!!! We went to the Blue Mountains and escaped the city. But I'll have to add that page another time... my lunch break is up : ( !!!!

Comments