BreakFree on George Sydney

See Amenities
jopetsy's Profile Photo

Perfect location in Chinatown

by written on May 7, 2006

Located at George St., near the haymarket in Chinatown. Perfect location near darling harbour, just walking distance going to the imax theater. Apartment was good except for some unfriendly staff. My affiliation rewards program with my airline was not entered upto now, all in all good hotel but unfriendly staff.

stedeb's Profile Photo

Terrible service

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 4, 2006

I booked a 1 bedroom apartment in December to share with my sister in law and 19 yr old neice. We had a great room basic hotel style room plus a bedroom with a queen size bed and ensuite we were very pleased with the room, location & price. However I booked the same room same price for my mother and in laws to share for 6 nights while in Sydney my in laws are over from the UK. They arrived last night at 11pm to be put in a room with 2 beds and 1 bathroom to share. When my husband rang the reception to query he was told I had been upgraded in December that came as news to me!!!!! If I had known I had been upgraded I would never of booked a married couple(68 & 70) and single lady (68) to share 1 room and bathroom. The duty manager tried to blame us by saying if they choose to check in at 11pm!!! unfortunately that is the time the flight arrives from Perth as the hotel were well aware as it is written on their booking sheet, we also took this flight in December !!! they then tried to say it was our fault for not phoning to confirm the room and facilites. My husband asked why we were not told we were upgraded their reply was most people are happy to be upgraded. They could not grasp that was not the issue. the issue for us is I booked that room in good faith assuming they would get the same room totally unaware of the upgrade. The manager also stated there ae pictures of all the rooms on needtoescape.com so you can make a choice this is not the case there are only 2 rooms displayed and none have 2 beds in one room neither does asiarooms.com The only suggestion they have made is that they will upgrade them on Tuesday when the hotel empies out. I would of thought as a gesture of goodwill they may of put my mother in a studio for a few days until they could upgrade apparently there is no goodwill at this hotel the duty manager was rude and continually stated it is hotel policy!!!!

Unique Quality: The only solution they have come up with is that they will upgrade them on Tuesday when the hotel empies out. I would of thought as a gesture of goodwill they may of put my mother in a studio for a few days until they could upgrade apparently there is no goodwill at this hotel the duty manager was rude and continually stated it is hotel policy!!!! I would not recomend this hotel. As you can imagine the parents were very upset & disappointed after I had praised these rooms so much. I only hope this is not how they treat all their overseas guests especailly old age pensioners!!!!i Good rooms bu the management are not helpful.

Directions: Haymarket

BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Basically, it's Basic

by written on December 15, 2005

It's easy to get to this hotel from the airport; just board one of the shuttle buses and stop at George Street. You can't miss it. The place is relatively basic with all the basic necessities but with the convenience of an apartment. The room is clean and I think the smallest room can fit 3 people comfortably. We also cooked meals in the room because the facilities are available plus the utensils. Breakfast is also simple but enough to get you going for the day.

Unique Quality: It's basic, basic, basic but in a good way. The price is reasonable and is in a good location, close to most attractions e.g Darling Harbour & Amp Tower. Will return because of the good price and proximity

namidub's Profile Photo

Good Apartment in Sydney

by written on July 25, 2005

Stayed for about a week during May 2004.Generally the Pacific Apartments is nice.The apartment i stayed comprises of 3 bedrooms and 2 bathroom with a kitchen and living hall.The view of the city from upper level is quite nice,overlooking the Sydney Entertainment Centre and Paddy's Market and Chinatown.The location is very good too.Less than 5 minutes walk to the Entertainment Centre (where I had my business convention held there) Easy access to Chinatown (very very near) 5 minutes walk to Paddy's Market and it is near the tram station.
Access to Darling Harbour is also about 10 minutes walk.While walking to Circular Quay (like I did) may take half an hour. Great location at George Street.

Average room rates USD$200

Unique Quality: Very nice location.
Access card needed to enter the apartment after midnight.

JadeLion's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

by written on June 28, 2005

My stay at the Pacific International Hotel-Sydney was very comfortable. We had a good-sized suite with a kitchenette, a large balcony, and wonderful staff. I don't really recall having access to a pool or a gym (then again I was partying every night and sleeping most days), but who cares...some of the best beaches in the world were just a few minutes taxi ride away!

Unique Quality: I loved our view overlooking the city. And we had to use our room swipe keys to access the elevators (a great security measure I thought).

Directions: Downtown, near Chinatown area...

xuessium's Profile Photo

Apartment for a family

by written on March 20, 2005

It was alright. I had the one bedroom apartment with the sofa bed. Apartment was spick & span and tidy. There are no cleaning services on the weekends though. The apartment has a laundry point in the basement, coin operated of course. Location wise, it was great, as there were a number of malls in the area for restaurants and shopping. However, it is a little far from the major tourist spots but it made up for peace and quiet.

Crikies's Profile Photo

Convenient and comfortable business travel

by written on May 17, 2004

As a regular visitor, I've found that the service is consistently good, the rooms are well appointed and modern, with basic cooking facilities. Some of the studio rooms are quite small, but still comfortable for a couple or single traveller. Larger rooms with separate bedrooms offer more space and comfort for a group of family or for a longer stay. I have taken breakfast in the in-house restaurant once and would recommend a local cafe less than a block away as a much better option.

Unique Quality: I use this hotel frequently for business trips, as do many of my colleagues. It's conveniently located to our Pitt Street office, but also to a variety of attractions including Chinatown, Darling Harbour, Paddy's Markets, Capitol Theatre, Entertainment Centre, Casino and of course all the other city sites. Very good security features.

Directions: Very close to Chinatown mall. Drop off point for taxis is in Sussex Street. Walking distance from Central Station, or get the Airporter bus from outside Sydney airport for economical door to door and highly amusing travel.

Nearby BreakFree on George Sydney

BreakFree on George Sydney

• Breakfree On George Hotel Sydney

Address: 653 George St (formerly Pacific International Apartments), Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia

4 Photos of BreakFree on George Sydney

View Professional Photos

Amenities at BreakFree on George Sydney

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Business Services
  • Kitchenette

Sydney Travel Forum

Need advice about Sydney, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Sydney and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sydney hotel reviews

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour (68 Harbour Street Sydney Nsw 2000)
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Carlton Crest Hotel Sydney
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Medina Grand Sydney
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Metro Hotel Sydney (300 Pitt Street.)
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Drinks and Food
Local Customs
Sun / Sunburn
Warnings and Dangers
You may never want to leave!
National Parks / Parks / Gardens