Comfort Inn North Shore Sydney

1 Gatacre Ave, (formerly Country Comfort Hotel), Lane Cove, New South Wales, 2066, Australia
Comfort Inn North Shore
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 12% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Sydney

Cheers JackieCheers Jackie

Looking back from Athol Hall near Taronga ParkLooking back from Athol Hall near Taronga Park

Liz and I enjoying some beach ttimeLiz and I enjoying some beach ttime

Liz's gnocchi in a brown butter sauce with sageLiz's gnocchi in a brown butter sauce with sage

Places to Visit in Sydney

by Hawking

Dear All,

I am planning to come to Sydney for a 7-10 days visit soon, could anyone tell me what are the main places to visit? and how long does it take to visit each (can many hours i need to complete the tour or visit to a certain place)? so I can arrange to visit as much places as I can during my staying..... Thank you all

by colin_bramso

There are plenty of places in Sydney itself - a harbour cruise, The Rocks, walk across Sydney Harbour Bridge etc etc - and also popular places that are outside the city such as the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, Central Coast, Canberra (day trips or overnight).

Have a look at our Sydney pages here on VT (click on our names to go to our pages or use the search panel and then follow the links). There are plenty of suggestions, tips etc and you can make a shortlist from those of the places you'd most like to see. Then come back on the forum if you have any more questions about them.

by muratkorman

You can check my Sydney page for some suggestions.

by peteyjim

What is it you like to do? What do you want to see? Beaches? Bush? Nightlife?
You asked a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, so give us an idea of what you want and you'll get some good suggestions.

by Hawking

Thank you so much for your replies.... I think it is better if i prepare a visit plan and to share it with you.... I will check all details in the VT website and the suggestions recieved by you.... I am sure your feedback on the trip plan will be valuable ... thank you again and best of luck for all...

by colin_bramso

That's the best thing to do becuase there are so many different options in and around Sydney. When you have your draft plan done come back on the forum and we can give you our thoughts and suggestions on it.

by angiebabe

Hi, It can be helpful to put in the location info of your personal details so we can see where you are coming from - I would say its also a good idea to get a good guide book - but if you are doing several countries then that might not be such a good idea - though I always travel around with my guidebooks - theres loads of info here in travelpages written by VTers, and a ranking and rating system to find and rate helpful pages,
but the guidebooks can round it off...
such as the Lonely Planet, Rough guide, Footprints and DK eyewitness guide - can be handy to visit a bookshop and have a look through them there and get a few ideas

by htkw

Hello!

How about the Royal National Park?
The coastal views are sensational!
Meeting new people, from other tourists to just Sydney siders!

The tour that I took when I went was with UDU: Royal National Park Eco-tours.
The tour guide was great! It was obvious in his behaviour that he's passionate about the place! The information he provided was so interesting, history, art, nature, wilderness!

To sum up, it was a sensational day!

Should give it a try!

=)

Hope you have a great time in Sydney!

Here's the website if you're interested!

Travel Tips for Sydney

Eating in Sydney

by kaftig

I learned another lesson when our orders finally arrived. They have big servings of food in Australia. The salads came in large bowls, and my fish and chips came on a large plate. So much for their diet!

When my lemonade was served, I was surprised to see it colorless. “I’ve never seen colorless lemonade before,” I told the waitress. She looked at me as if I came from outer space, frowned, and shrugged her shoulders before leaving. I sipped the lemonade, and found it odd that it tasted like soda. When I told Lea about it, she apologized.

“I forgot to tell you that lemonade here is actually Sprite,” she explained, “You should have asked for lemon juice instead.” Well, that’s another lesson learned.

The must do when in Sydney, is...

by carstenj

The must do when in Sydney, is a Sydney Harbour cruise . The natural harbour is beautiful and gives you not only a panoramic view of the city, but also brings you out of the CBD to charming 'burbs like Manly and Balmain.
Also, as a first time visitor there are heaps of things to see, and taking day trips to the western mountains or northern vinyards are recommended, as are the beaches of course and the nightlife. My favourite thing about Sydney is its multiculturalism. Its diversity, friendliness and openess is what I always long for when I've been overseas for a while whether for leisure or business.

Taronga Park to Balmoral

by iandsmith

Sydney, obviously due to its location, has harbour walks. Fortunately, Australia tends towards being public spirited and so it is that the tourist (as well as many locals) get to enjoy Sydney Harbour's finest viewing points for free. Okay, so you do have to walk a bit but soft exercise never killed anyone.
This is the site for your map: http://www.wildwalks.com/bushwalking-and-hiking-in-nsw/sydney-harbour-national-park/taronga-zoo-to-balmoral-beach.html If you're doing this walk in its entirety you should allow 3 hours. Fast walkers without stops could possibly do it in two but then you would miss the point of the walk which is to soak up the views and natural scenery in my opinion.
It's 6.8 kms long and there's 328 metres of climbing in total. That's one way. When you reach Balmoral there's a bus stop and you can get one back to the ferry terminal at Taronga.
So, I've done quite a few walks around the foreshores and the Taronga Park to Balmoral is arguably the finest of them all. You can reach the start point by ferry (as I did) or bus. When you alight from the ferry you'll almost immediately see the signs indicating you should head off to the right towards Bradleys Head.
There are eating and drinking places along the way but you'll have to make sure your wallet is handy. One advertises afternoon tea for $40!
You'll see some homes, pic 4, with views to envy (pic 2), secluded coves (pics 1 & 4) and lots of nature.
As with all bushwalking in Australia, I recommend you take a biden or some such water container with you, especially if the weather is warm to hot. You'll need it.
(continued next tip)

Relax in Sydney's central...

by jrs1234

Relax in Sydney's central green spaces - especially the lovely Royal Botanic Gardens, which runs up to the harbour - you can find out more about this place on the Botanic Gardens website. Next to the Botanic Gardens lies The Domain - concerts are sometimes held here. Not far away is Hyde Park, which has a war memorial worth visiting.

Sydney Weather

by keeweechic

Sydney has a temperate climate, with warm to hot summers (it can exceed 33C) and mild winters. In summer season (Dec to Feb) the sun can get very strong and you should wear a hat and sunscreen. Sydney can also get quite humid especially in February. Bush Fires in the surrounding areas are also a problem during prolonged periods of drought.

Comments