5 Bridge Lane, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000, Australia

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Sydney's TOP TEN 5 Star Hotels.

Here is a list of Sydney's Top Ten Hotels.

1. Park Hyatt - Rocks

7. Pier One Sebel - Rocks

8. The Establishment Hotel - Rocks

9. The Sir Stamford - Circular Quay

10. Quay Grand Apartments - Circular Quay

Unique Quality: All these hotels are 5 star and are positioned in excellent locations in Sydney. They all house excellent restaurants and are close to all the major attractions in Sydney.

More about Establishment Hotel

Establishment

by Gypsystravels about Sydney City Bars / Clubs

We came here our last night to meet up with Laura and her co-worker. I absolutely loved this place. Upon entering the Establishment you are greated with a huge open space and even larger marble bar. The bar is dimly lite with "side" bars (instead of tables) where you can enjoy your drink. They play nouvo tech music which isn't as loud as most places so you can sit back sip your wine and enjoy a good conversation with friends.

We ordered a few bottles of an Australian wine. Sorry, can't remember the name of the wine, but is was scrumptious!! I crowd that night seemed mostly the after work type, with suits and office attire, baiscally well dressed, casaul business, smart casual. I didn't notice anyone with sneakers or jeans. I am sure that stylish jeans with some great sandals or shoes would fit right in.

CBD - Top Restaurants.

by Openseas about Central Sydney Restaurants

City

Est. – 252 George Street – Contemporary – 92403010 (restaurant of the year)* For Atmosphere

Tetsuyas - Kent Street - Japanese/french - 9267 2900 ** For food

Miltons - 25 Bligh Street - Mediterranean

Eat City- 349 Kent Street – Contemporary - 92625900

Certo Ristorante- 340 Kent Street – Italian - 92901145

Sky Phoenix- 77 Castlereagh Street – Chinese - 92238822

Aqua Dining - Northcliff Street Milsons Point - Contemporary - 9964 9998* For views

Omega – 161 King Street – Greek - 92230242

King 143- 143 King Street – Chinese - 93137100

Forty One- Chifley Towers – French - 92212500*For Views

Sydney's TOP TEN 5 Star Restaurants.

by Openseas about TOP TEN

Here are my TOP (5 Star) TEN restaurants in Sydney. I hope you enjoy just one of them.

1. Guillaume At Bennelong - Opera House. Tel 9241 1999 - Contemporary

2. Forty One - Chifley Square City. Tel 9221 2500 - French

3. Tetsuya's - Kent Street City. Tel 9267 2900 - Japanese

4. Marque - Crowne Street Surry Hills. Tel 9332 2225 - French

5.Lucio's - Windsor Street Paddington. Tel 9380 5996 - Italian

6. Icebergs Dining Room - Notts Avenue Bondi Beach. Tel 9365 9000 - contemporary

7. Est - The Establishment Hotel City - Tel 9240 3010 - Contemporary

8. Catalina- Sunderland Street Rose Bay . Tel 9371 0555 - Contemporary

9. Buon Ricordo - Boundary Street Paddington Tel 9360 6729 - Italian

10.Bilson's Radisson Plaza Hotel City. Tel 8214 0496 - Contemporary

oops, i will have to add another for those who love Thai.

11. Longrain - Commonwealth Street Surry Hills - Tel 9280 2888 - Thai

The Center Of It All

by TripAdvisor Member thetravelingguy

I loved the Establishment Hotel. It is a bouteque hotel with huge rooms, rain showers with GREAT water pressure, comfortable beds, well decorated rooms with bose stereo systems. And the staff were just delightful! Ashley, Dee, Sky and Deirdra were sooooo helpful. They can answer any and all of your questions. It's as if they made the hotel just for me. First off, the location is perfect. You are a 5 minute walk from the opera house, syndey harbor, and some of sydney's best restaurants and bars (which just so happen to be in the hotel.) I will definitely be back and send my friends there as well.

by TripAdvisor Member noscreennameswork

I recently stayed at the Establishment Hotel in Sydney, for 5 nights at the beginning of my visit to Australia, and another two nights on the back end before my departure. This hotel is great. The rooms are sleek and comfortable, the bathrooms are sweet (stocked with Bulgari green tea bath products, one of my fave scents), the staff are all very helpful and professional, the housekeeping is immaculate, and the bars and restaurants are appealing (albeit a bit of a scene, but that's obviously by design). I particularly liked the sushi bar (Sushi E), which I ate at twice - very tasty sushi and a nice host. Also, the hotel's location is good - a short walk to the Opera House, the ferries, the Rocks and all of its restaurants, and also really not far from trendier neighborhoods like Surry Hills (a short cab ride or a decent walk).

My only constructive criticism: Certain rooms can be louder than others on weekend nights (there is also a nightclub that is attached to and affiliated with the hotel, so ask to stay on the 4th or 5th floors), and I would have loved it if one of the hotel's bars or restaurants remained open on Sunday nights (I realize Sunday restaurant/bar closure is true of many hotels in Sydney, but still it would be great for guests if there was at least one in-hotel option other than room service). Other than that, no problems, and I would absolutely stay here again.

Very cool hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Emma_22

The biggest problem we had was getting to the hotel! The taxi driver had no idea where it was, and it's a little hard to find with the doorway tucked down an alley.

Lovely hotel though, nicely decorated big room, great bathroom with two sinks, and a very cool vibe to the place.

The cookies on the bed every night were a nice touch, and the location was great.

The only real problem I had was the heating and lighting system. It was controlled through the phone, but not very easy to get the hang of!

Worth every penny!

by TripAdvisor Member Ulalatweed

We treated ourselves to 3 nights here during a trip to Australia for a friends wedding - we wouldn't hesitate to recommned this place to anyone. Some of the reviews have mentioned unfriendly/unhelpful staff but we found the total opposite. Everyone went out of their way to assist and make our stay special.

We stayed in a standard room which was an excellent size - the bed was the comfiest I've slept in. The room we had was designed so that the bathroom area could be opened up to the living area by sliding a screen back - this meant I could indulge in watching the TV from the bath :)

There was a bit of noise from the bar but only really on the last night of our stay which was a Friday so we just turned the music in the room up a bit! There is a cd and dvd 'menu' which you can choose films and music from - you just ring reception and someone brings them up. I really liked the warm cookies that were brought to the room each night - a nice touch.

Hotel guests can enter any of the Establishment clubs and bars from the Hotel - we tried the main bar and the garden bar. The Graden bar was lovely - very nice cocktails and the 'bar snacks' portions were very generous - some would say huge!

Although the hotel could be a bit hard to find (the entrance is located down a side street) it just adds to the impression that you are staying somewhere a bit different. The Rocks and Circular Quay are 5-10 minute walk away and there are loads of bars and shops in the vicinity.

Compared to some of the hotels of a similar standard in the area, this is a bargain - we booked through Expedia and got a great deal. It's worth noting that prices rise by about $70 per night on Friday and Saturday so a midweek stay might provide better value.

Fabulous place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member gracemarks16

This is an outstanding property with exceptional staff. The room was beautiful and service excellent. My only criticism is that on a Sunday evening it was very quiet, with the restaurants all closed, and not a great deal of action in the surrounding area. Still, worth every cent. We'll definitely be back!

Do not get near this place on the weekends

by TripAdvisor Member rataturium

We stayed here on a weekday and were very pleased with the location and the EXCELLENT shower (literally the best I have had in my life.) The only problem is that when we asked about the weekend and the complaints of noise we were told by the front staff that the loud rooms are given to the DJs and that noise would not be a problem on the weekends. Unfortunately for us this was absolutely untrue. I am not a difficult sleeper and had no problem at Heron Island (where others have complained,) but there was the problem of noise vibrating through the room until 6 am as well as guests constantly slamming the doors in the halls until about 5 am. They should put some sort of padding on the doors to avoid the constant clang.

To top it off, I left a letter for other family members who were arriving the day I departed and it wasn't given to them until the last day of their stay. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

I wish I could recommend this place, but to be honest we were upset that we ended up paying so much to have to endure a horrible sleepless night and then not have our envelope delivered.

Also as a last note we were charged for the honor bar which we never used. Make sure you check your account at check out.

Nice place to stay on the harbour

by tabassman

I just posted a long deal about my situation and what i was looking for, but it got deleted. so i will bullet the list.

1. harbour area (other if recommended)
2. romantic atmosphere
3. price under 220 AU (150 US)
4. hot tub or spa
5. 4 or 5 star, i guess.

and also maybe a restaurant or two if you have the time ;).

Thanks, vic.

by crazyguitar

Hi!

I've been there twice and I was in Novotel (Darling Harbour) the first time and in Le Meridien the second one. Bothe of them were great. Maybe Novotel is more romantic, specially if you can choose a room with harbour views. Probably you can find some good offers according to your budget.

Best regards,

Santi.

by colin_bramso

Hi, welcome to VT. Use the search facility up there on the left to look through VT members' Sydney pages - you'll get lots of tips, genuine advice, where to stay, what to see, restaurants etc.
There are two 'harbour' areas, walking distance from each other, Sydney Harbour itself, with the Opera House, Bridge etc, and Darling Harbour. The hotels in Darling Harbour with water views are cheaper than Sydney Harbour.

by Lynuss

In a word : DREAMING!

sorry dude .. but your looking at least $300 for that kind of luxoury , my friend runs the hotel Medina in darling harbour .. harbour views yada yada and that goes at $350 /night with shower, no chance of hot tub for that cash ..

if you want to live it up and really run tha pimp style go here >>

this place ( The Establishment ) is shmicko and has a bar full to the brim with pussy every night below it .. if i had the benjamins i would rest up here ...

hope this helps ..

lynuss

Re: Re: Nice place to stay on the harbour

by iandsmith

I've stayed in a great B&B on the harbour at Manly which has added advantages inasmuch as you're also close to the beach and the ferry is around 100 metres away.
I think it was Pippi's or some name that had seashell connitations.
Go google and see what you come up with but it definitely has a romantic atmosphere with the old fittings still retained in most rooms and duplicated in others.
Cheers, Ian