Four Points By Sheraton Sydney

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Business Travel Family Travel
See Amenities
Callavetta's Profile Photo

A big improvement on my second visit

by written on May 16, 2010

The Four Points Sheraton was only slightly more expensive than the Rydges Hotel and was a HUGE improvement. Our second stay had us staying in Sydney 4 nights and the Sheraton was comfortable and well located. A mwalk to Darling Harbor, there were plenty of good choices in the area for restaurants and a nice morning walk.

The hotel had a very comfortable room with nice amenities and all the expected services. The onsite gym was a great asset. Again, at AU$25 per day, the internet fee was outrageous but there were two free computer terminals in the lobby. My other negative was that the telephone was on the desk and not by the bed; not convenient at all for that morning wake up call!

The hotel restaurant was really pricey and usually pretty crowded. AU$35 for the breakfast buffet was very high and I wandered to a little cafe next door where I got coffee and a BLT for AU$10. It was friendly and quiet as well.

The hotel staff was wonderful.

Unique Quality: For some reason my door keys kept getting deprogrammed. I wondered if putting them in my pocket, next to my bionic hip could be the problem. It was a tad annoying since I was usually really tired by the time I got to my room.

khanhkim's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel

by written on August 15, 2007

I had to say, this was the best Sheraton I had ever had the pleasure of staying at. I didn't get a room with a Harbor View, but I did have a very nice suite with a sleeper sofa for friends to crash on. The room was clean, confortable, and homey and the bathroom was enormous. The concierge was extremely helpful in getting my tickets to a sold out Super 14 Rugby game. He was able to get me front row tickets at cost! My friends were thoroughly impressed. The hotel is a very quick walk to anywhere you would like to go in the city. Everything was within walking distance and I never even had to worry about taking the train anywhere.

great views and location

by written on August 1, 2007

If you want to stay right on the harbour then this is the hotel that will suit you. We had a suite and it was gorgeous, views and location fantastic

Unique Quality: fabulous views of Darling Harbour and easy access to all other areas

Four Seasons is Adequate

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 26, 2007

Four Points Sheraton is located on Sussex Street right near Darling Harbor. The entry is beautiful. I paid extra for the harbor view (as opposed to the street view), which was worth it for both the day and night view. I was on the Starwood Gold member floor, but I am not sure it was all that special.

The walls of this hotel are thin. Good thing my neighbors were generally quiet. The room was fine and adequately appointed. The bed was nothing special - but the variety of feather and regular pillows was great. The bathroom was again - adequate. There were various grey caulking marks in the otherwise white bathtub. The water pressure could have been better.

The restaurant was horrible. I ordered the fish and chips from room service and it was fishy tasting. The chips were good. The hotel showcases it's Lunch and Dinner seafood buffet. As a guest of the hotel, you can get a great discount. It was awful. The sushi was refrigerated prior and therefore served too cold. The shrimp, crab and lobster were completely dressed. The shrimp had the heads, and required quite and effort to peel. After all that work, they tasted awful. It had a vinegar quality; I couldn't take another bite to figure it out. From there, I didn't try the crab or lobster. The chicken was fine - but without much flavor. The garlic mashed potatoes were also without much flavor. The bread was good and desserts were edible. I do not recommend that you eat the food at this hotel.

Care824's Profile Photo

Excellent location!

by written on February 3, 2007

I feel redundant saying this hotel is in a great location, but it's true! The Four Points is right in Darling Harbour overlooking the Sydney Aquarium. It is convenient to the public ferry system, and is a longish but do-able walk from Circular Quay and the Rocks. Our room was on the harbour side with excellent views, but this side of the hotel is also next to an expressway, so it can be a little noisy. Internet fees in the business center were maybe a little expensive, but there is an internet cafe across the street. Parking is also expensive (AU$30/day!! as of Sep 2006) but at least the garage allows you to come and go as you please unlike daily parking in typical city garages. Aside from that, the room was at the better end of the comfortable scale as far as hotels go and was very tidy. The staff was friendly and we paid a reasonable price for staying right in the CBD.

Unique Quality: Forgo eating in the hotel restaurants. There is better and _cheaper_ fare right along Darling Harbour. Find something on your side of the water, or cross the bridge for more restaurants or a cheaper option like the food court in the shopping complex. When we wanted a change of venue for dining, we just headed to the Rocks.

saw50st8's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel, Great Location

by written on September 13, 2006

After arriving on a 24 hour journey from New York, we were excited to get to our hotel. I think at that point, any hotel would have sufficed. However, when we walked in we were awed by the hotel. The lobby is beautiful -- the check in went smoothly and we were given our room.

The room and bathroom was large and clean. The only thing I did notice was that there was no large dresser to place our clothes in. The bellboy told us that it was pretty standard in Australia, but there were a couple of drawers in the closet.

If you have a laptop, there is internet service for $10 AUD/hour or $25 AUD/day . They comped us internet service because when I called the hotel originally they told me there was free wireless in the lobby. They were extremely nice and immediately gave in. No problems at all.

The hotel is located right by Darling Harbor, a great place. There are a ton of ferries there, tourist attractions and a nice mall.

We paid $155/night (USD) through asiarooms.com

Unique Quality: Great location, great rooms, great staff!

Directions: Right near the aquarium

lesaandbill's Profile Photo

Greatest Deal for the Money

by written on May 6, 2006

We chose this hotel because it was a Starwood Property and we're trying to get more points...but it was a great deal for the money. We had a room overlooking the Darling Harbour...and the view was great. Because the hotel is located on the city side...it makes it easy to walk everywhere. There are a lot of choices in sydney...but this is an excellent find.

Not sure if it's new...but the room and hotel looked like it had just been refurbished. We even liked the little Armour Pub located on the premises.

They had a walkway which went right onto the main hub of the Darling Harbour...and it was right on the pedestrian bridge for the other side of the harbour...

missjay's Profile Photo

Best Location!

by written on April 19, 2006

My travel agent booked me on a cityside room but I had emailed the hotel earlier that I wanted to be upgraded to a harbour view room with an extra rollaway bed. When we arrived, everything went smoothly. The front desk checked us in and gave us our room keys even if it was still 10:30 a.m. The rooms are quite small but very comfortable. The view was fantastic and I must say, it has the best location in Darling Harbour. There is a small walkway at the side of the hotel which brings you directly to the Sydney Aquarium.

Everyone was very accomodating; from the front desk to the bellboys who gave us helpful information on getting around and to the restaurant staff who were very friendly. This is a hotel I will definitely stay in again when I get back to Sydney.

Just a horror stay

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 20, 2005

You know how when one thing goes wrong at a hotel and everything can head south after that? I suppose I shouldn’t have too high an expectation – this hotel is quite big and therefore a bit impersonal. We arrived and there was no-one to welcome us at the driveway, we found our way to the Front Desk at about 4.00 pm only to be told that they had had a big group checkout and our room would not be ready for an hour. Went back an hour later, still no room – half an hour later finally got a key, only to discover someone already in the room. Eventually allocated another room with a complimentary Harbour View upgrade. Awoken at 0700 by housekeepers having an argument in the hallway…yes, you guessed it, argument was about a Do Not Disturb sign…queued up for 30 minutes for breakfast…etc etc etc…just a horror stay.

Unique Quality: Nice views, easy access to the retail precinct

Directions: Western edge of teh CBD, flanking the Darling Harbour tourist precinct

dlytle's Profile Photo

Sheraton Four-Points - Very good location

by written on June 9, 2004

I stayed here in May 2004. I chose the Sheraton Four-Points because it was located very close to the little shops and fine restaurants in Darling Harbor. There is a short connecting, almost private, walkway from the Sheraton to the Sydney Aquarium that shares a long waterside promenade with the Cockle Bay wharf and shopping area. From the promenade it is a short walk across the very nice and well-lighted pedestrian and monorail bridge (Pyrmount) to the Maritime museum, the convention center, a shopping complex and even the IMAX theatre. Also close by the hotel, within just a couple of minutes, is the monorail station.

About 10 minutes away are both the Town Hall subway station and the Wynyard subway station. The subways are fast, convenient and relatively inexpensive. Near both of these stations you can catch the Hop On, Hop Off tourist bus. A major cinema complex is also nearby and in this area there are many fast food restaurants catering to the pedestrians.

It is a bit of a walk to the Rocks or to the Circular Quay. The Wynyard subway station is the closest to those areas that is really not very close at all. I did not make that walk but I suspect it is probably a good 20-30 minutes from the Sheraton to the Circular Quay if you walked it. Of course, there are a lot of nice shops and restaurants along the way so that might not be a bad walk after all.

I enjoyed my stay and found the Sheraton Hotel to be very modern and very clean with the staff very courteous and helpful. My room was very comfortable and spacious, with a large, comfortable bed and nice bathroom. The window view was of the street and was not spectacular but, on the other hand, the room was quiet and easy to sleep in. Since I am a Starwood Preferred Guest, my room was on an upper floor and also had high-speed Internet access that was nice to have.

I did not eat any meals at this hotel so I cannot comment on the price or quality of the food or the scope of the service.

Unique Quality: Accessibility to Darling Harbor was especially nice. I was also able to easily walk to subway stations, eating establishments and even a cinema complex.

colin_bramso's Profile Photo

City/Darling Harbour location.

by written on February 18, 2004

Originally built as the Nikko Hotel, this is a four star hotel in a great location on the city side of Darling Harbour. Ask for a Harbour View room, the view is great, especially with the lights after dark. And you get to see the fireworks and entertainment in Darling Harbour from the comfort of your room.
The comfortable rooms are a good size, the staff are friendly, efficient & laid back.

Unique Quality: The main thing is the location. An easy walk across to Darling Harbour, to Chinatown, to the Opera House and harbour.
Winner of 2004 Australian Hotels Assoc. NSW 'Best Superior Hotel'.

Directions: The city side of Darling Harbour

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Sydney Travel Forum

Need advice about Sydney, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Sydney and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sydney hotel reviews

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour (68 Harbour Street Sydney Nsw 2000)
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Carlton Crest Hotel Sydney
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Medina Grand Sydney
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Metro Hotel Sydney (300 Pitt Street.)
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Historic Buildings
Central Coast
Tour Buses
Transportation
You may never want to leave!
Oxford Street