Four Seasons Sydney

Agoda.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• rev_viv's Profile Photo

Fabulous Views

We stayed for three days to celebrate my sixtieth birthday. The hotel was great. Very convenient for Circular Quay and walkable distance to Darling Harbour.

Unique Quality: From our window we coud see the harbour bridge to the left and the Opera House to the right. I felt very spoilt!

Directions: Very close to the bridge and harbour.

• Lynn&Pete's Profile Photo

Didn't want to leave the room

We saved this hotel for the end of our trip, when we were wore out from jaunting around the east coast. It was a great decision, we barely left the hotel for the last 4 days. Everything was lovely. The prices in the gift shop were reasonable, but it was a wash, because the prices in the computer center were astronomical. All in all, a lovely stay

Unique Quality: Great pool, gorgeous bathroom in our room, lovely view, as advertised.

Directions: The Rocks

• Excellent Four Seasons Hospitality!

I would like to compliment Four Seasons on the exemplary service we received during our recent stay in Sydney. It was an excellent location in the heart of city center. As this is our first time in Sydney, your staff upgraded us to the 16th Floor Harbour View Room where we get to see the illumination of the sails at the Opera House. The attention to details was impeccable. Service of this caliber is rare these days and I wanted to be sure that you knew how impressed we were. Please extend my compliments to your staff. You have made our holiday truly memorable.

Unique Quality: Excellent view, Comfortable bed, L'Occitane amenities and huge Flat screen television.

• Kimtastic's Profile Photo

A great 5 star hotel

Although the rooms are on the small side, the views and fantastic Four Seasons beds are worth it.

Staff are typical Four Seasons extremely polite, knowledgeable and always provide great service. Restautants are definately 5 star with international and Australian cuisine.

The day spa is fantastic, try a relaxing massage or float tank. They also have partner rooms.

Pool is roof top and great if a beautiful summers day!

A great 5 star option in the heart of Sydney

Unique Quality: Great Views of the harbour bridge and Opera House
    Roof top pool
    Service

Directions: On George St - the main central Sydney street.

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

One of the best in Sydney

The hotel is perfectly located right next door to the Circular Quay with views of the city and opera.
    Upon check in I was upgraded to a Junior Suite and enjoyed a large room of 52 sqm with views of the opera and town centre on the other side. A big bath room, walk in closett, mini bar, a desk with high speed internet access are all part of the services.
    Several restaurants, bars and lounges are also part of the hotel.

Unique Quality: The hotel has all facilities a great 5 Star Service

Directions: Close to the Opera and Harbour Bridge next to Circular Quays

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in all of Australia ???? Probably

There is no question why the Four Seasons hotels around the world are renowned......this one is Sydney is no exception.....located in the heart of downtown Sydney....this hotel says it all.......luxury, class !!!!!! The rooms are extremely large by any hotel rooms standards !!!! 80% of the rooms have views of the Harbour and the Opera House. The staff is there for your beckon call !!!! The bathrooms have both a walk in shower and tub, for ultimate relaxation. The bathroom robes are to die for as are the slippers !!!!! There is no question that this Four Seasons ranks up there with the "Creme de la Creme" of hotels around the WORLD !!!!! If you could dream of a perfect stay anywhere then this is the place to do it !!!! HIGHLY RECOMMMEND IT !!!!!!! Worth every penny spent !!!!!

Unique Quality: The higher up on the hotel the bigger the rooms the better the views !!!! The hotel concierge was without a doubt one of the sharpest concierge I have ever met. He knew his city inside and out !!!!!

Directions: Downtown Sydney

• derats's Profile Photo

Sydney Regent Hotel

City View Room--AUD$ 257 -- AUD$ 347
    Harbour View Room--AUD$ 343 -- AUD$ 434

Unique Quality: A stylish modern hotel in a most convenient location.
    Located metres from Sydney harbour adjacent to the Rocks area, the Regent enjoys excellent views of the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and City.
    Complimentary health club, with sauna and large outdoor heated pool .
    Six restaurants and bars, including the award-winning Kable’s restaurant.
    24-hour business services, with in-room computer and fax available .
    Express check-in/out

experiences.

More about Four Seasons Sydney

Four Seasons Sydney, Top Notch

by TripAdvisor Member watchthedog

We arrived in Sydney on 6/21/05. Spent 2 nights at the Four Seasons Sydney. From the doormen that unload your luggage and open the doors to the hotel for you to the greeting at reception, you know that you are in for a wonderful stay.

We signed up for the additional AU$90 per couple to join their Executive Club which included full buffet breakfast, snacks and beverages, canapes and alcoholic drinks - it was well worth it.

We came to celebrate my husband's birthday and they even delivered a birthday cake with a personal note from the hotel manager while I was enjoying the best massage I've ever had. The facial was so relaxing that I even fell asleep...

It is well situated next to the Rocks and a short stroll from the ferries that take you to Darling Harbour, Manly, etc. Right across the street from the hotel is a bus stop and you can jump on a bus and go to Paddy's Market and China Town. We walked one morning from the hotel to the Queen Victoria Building - beautiful with lovely shops and had breakfast at Bacio.

The concierge held our luggage on the last day after we checked out and made our shuttle arrangements back to the airport. I am SO glad we stayed here...

Good but could be better

by TripAdvisor Member jah123

I have stayed many times going back to when it was the Regent. The hotel is probably the best in Sydney, but well below world class standards of 4S elsewhere in Asia, MO, or Peninsula. Indeed, I wish one of these other hotel companies would locate in Sydney.

The location and view are wonderful. However, the hotel has taken to hosting conventions. When I last stayed in April 2005, a crowd of insurance salespeople and their spouses had taken over the hotel. I try never to stay at hotels where people are walking around with convention nametags, and the insurance crowd was rather loud and somewhat obnoxious.

The 4S should decide whether it is a true 5-star hotel. Otherwise, with the growth of the Australian economy one of the better companies will build in Sydney and I await that day to change hotels.

Fantastic hotel!

This is a great hotel. Don't believe the other reviews that this is a sub par hotel. While on the one hand the rooms were not nearly as nice as other Four Seasons we've stayed at in the US and Europe, the staff and service was fantastic. We were on our honeymoon and they upgraded us to a harbour view room -- great views of the Quay, the Opera House and the Bridge. If you're into great service, this is the place to stay. We stayed at Sheraton on the Park for a few days as well and, although the rooms were a bit nicer, the Four Seasons is hands down a better run hotel. We can't recommend it highly enough!

Tetsuya's

by LittleCat

My husband and I will be spending our first anniversary in Sydney in early October. I'd like to celebrate in a really nice restaurant, and a friend recommended Tetsuya's to me. Has anyone been there before and can share your experience, or do you have any other gorgeous restaurants to recommend? Thanks.

Also, we'll being staying at the Four Seasons Sydney. Do we stand a chance of getting upgraded if I tell them we're celebrating our anniversary?

by fed-up

If you were really celebrating I think you might have paid the extra for the upgrade...

by layle

I think I am the only person in Sydney that doesn't think Tetsuya is the best thing ever. While the food was good, I didn't have any choice in dish selection and as a result hasd to endure far too many courses of raw fish for my liking. And because it has such a reputation I was probably a bit too hyped up. Marque is a nice restaurant, good view, next to the Opera House. Claude's is my favourite French, it's a very intimate restaurant. Also recommend Bistro Moncur. Both restaurants are in Woollahra, not in the the city. I had a really good dinner at the Boathouse (in Glebe) the other night, mainly seafood

by jesschalker

Tetsuyas is good - although gosh, I still don't see what is so amazing about the place!!
As a Sydneysider (currently in London though) take it from me - If you want a truly special night, go to a place called The Orbit Restaurant, which is in the Australia Square Building. Given, it isn't cheap by Australian standards (but no more exy than Tetsuyas) but if you're travelling on $$US or ££ its fine. The restaurant is on the 47th floor and is a rotating one that has absolutely (I can't stress this enough) MAGNIFICENT 360 degree views over Sydney and the harbour. It should be daylight savings by October (meaning the sun goes down later) so get there in time for a few sunset cocktails at around 7pm (spectacular sunsets on a clear evening) and settle in for a fantastic night!!

by jesschalker

PS. Australia Square Building is in George Street, Sydney toward The Rocks.

by jesschalker

PS. Another great restaurant to try, is Cafe Sydney. Fantastic food, great harbour views (not as high up as the Orbit bar) and favoured by celebrities alike ie. I believe Nicole Kidman had her NYE party there a couple of years ago (??) Even if you started with a couple of cocktails at orbit and try Cafe Sydney for dinner? Book a table on the balcony as the weather will be perfect in October. You'll find Cafe Sydney in Circular Quay but book ahead. Ohh, you are so spoiled for choice as there are so many great restuarants in Syd! Wish I was home! Enjoy!!

by LittleCat

Wow, thanks a lot for the most helpful replies! Looks like we are set for a great evening whereever we choose to go! :)

I guess we'd have to have gigantic lunches as well just to try out all the recommended places, hehe.

Comments